Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Like I said... in comic book movies... I dont really care for all the "realness"

I wanna see powers, I wanna see magic, I wanna see flying and death defying shyt

I dont want realness cuz I dont want it to hamper or handicap what these characters need to be or need to face.

If you inject too much realness into these movies they cant face some of they greatest foes and then we just gonna get stuck with seeing them face robots and humans with a bunch of cronies.

Breh earlier laughed when I mention Clayface and Sharkman but hey I would love to see more of the so called rogues vs humans with no powers that barely get a one on one with the hero.

They just send hordes of they squad or have some crazy bomb or something the hero must stop before time runs out
Ok...and?

Was man of steel in any way hampered by an attempt at "realness?'You know the film that had some of the best action sequences in comic book film history with super powered aliens fighting destroying a city? Zod was a great villain as well.

And the bold is funny because the marvel films love inserting roboots and faceless armies and yall praise the fukk out of it. Even funnier is that the joker in Nolan's film is better than any villain marvel has rolled out and by a wide margin and Nolan wanted realism and marvel is cartoony.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Ok...and?

Was man of steel in any way hampered by an attempt at "realness?'You know the film that had some of the best action sequences in comic book film history with super powered aliens fighting destroying a city? Zod was a great villain as well.

And the bold is funny because the marvel films love inserting roboots and faceless armies and yall praise the fukk out of it. Even funnier is that the joker in Nolan's film is better than any villain marvel has rolled out and by a wide margin and Nolan wanted realism and marvel is cartoony.

Wait.... before we go any further. :ld:

Cuz I know you be deep on your "OH fukk MARVEL DC IS BETTER ANYTHING SAID AGAINST DC THAT ISNT A COMPLIMENT IS AN AUTOMATIC DISS AND THEREFORE YOU ARE MY ENEMY AND I MUST KKKKKKKKIIIIIIILLLLLLL YOU!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr" shyt.

Just know that I actually like MOS.... a lot and when that movie dropped..... I was one of the MAIN people in here defending it like YYM on SS. I had no problem with the destruction and I had no problem with the murder of Zod. Prove is in the OG MOS thread.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Now with that said.... whats even funny is Nolan could did that EXACT SAME movie without Batman or Joker and it wouldve still been a great movie.

Thats good for him...... But I've prefer a movie that basically a comic book movie 1st vs the so called "real movies" that have all this so called "grounded real shyt" then all of a sudden they say "hey lets make this {X Super Hero}"

I'm not trynna shyt on it but just my preference

Other than that.... lots of inaccuracies of what "Marvel Loves" but cook breh:salute:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Now with that said.... whats even funny is Nolan could did that EXACT SAME movie without Batman or Joker and it wouldve still been a great movie.

Thats good for him...... But I've prefer a movie that basically a comic book movie 1st vs the so called "real movies" that have all this so called "grounded real shyt" then all of a sudden they say "hey lets make this {X Super Hero}"

I'm not trynna shyt on it but just my preference

Other than that.... lots of inaccuracies of what "Marvel Loves" but cook breh:salute:
And yet you same posters go wild and :wow: anytime marvel fakes you out with trailers that make the film's look darker and more serious.

See iron man 3 and age of ultron.

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
But attacking them is what saved them.

They were literally hell bent on killing every single person on the planet.

What other way could he save lives in that situation? If at any point he stopped to help a single individual it would have resulted in the death of hundreds or thousands more.

Man of steel merely stacked the deck against him. He did what he needed to do to save the world. The consequences were too large for any other action to be taken.

I just don't understand the complaint. It's basically saying yes he saved the planet,but he didn't do it in a way that appeased me.

I think ur closer to the heart of the matter w that quote than you know.

You wanna make the stories orbit the appropriate charachters, not the other way around.

Read GM an Frank Quitley's Absolute Superman, I can't say I gave a fukk about supes before I read that, but that run is buttered crack.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
And yet you same posters go wild and :wow: anytime marvel fakes you out with trailers that make the film's look darker and more serious.

See iron man 3 and age of ultron.

Funny you mention IM3..... for years I kinda hated that movie, but it was on like Thurs on FX so I went back and watch it...... it actually wasnt that bad and more enjoyable then I thought:ld:

At end of the day if cats wanna complain about the Marvel villains... so be it but their HEROES... you know.... the guy who are the main characters.... that the movie is titled after:jbhmm:..... have been GREAT.

DC's hero's thus far havent been up to their potential. Pre and Post DCU.

I mean its telling when cats talk about the the Nolan movies and all they revel about is the fukking "costar" not the headlining BILLED GUY. Not the nicca thats in most cases not even on the front of the posters or the blu ray dvd covers.

Last I check.... there aint no movie called "Joker" or a movie called "Bane":pachaha:

Then these niccas doubled down and tried to make a movie with the VILLAINS being the heros and not even then make them great:mjlol:

I can concede that its always great to have a strong villain but at the end of the day.... your HERO needs to carry the movie and the franchise

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It makes you stans so mad that people like these films :mjlol:

Did you know the shining was ripped apart by critics upon release? Yet now stands as one of the greatest Films ever made.

That's the funny thing about history. Time reveals the truth.

shytty movies like thor 2 and iron man 2 and 3 and age of ultron might have a higher rotten tomatoes score upon release but as time passes they are being exposed as the placid, generic forgettable films they are.

Man of steel was polarizing upon release it's polarizing now. Yet time continues to be kind to it.

Nobody is going to make a thread like this about most of those marvel films you hold so dearly. Because it isn't true. Their shytty movies propped up by a hive mind mentality.

Get used to threads like this. Once this phase of marvel vs dc film stanning in popular culture moves on all that will be left is the film's to stand on their own merits.

Nobody is going to remember the hive mind media internet articles and false rumours.

Nobody is going to look back on the thor films as great films. But plenty will be looking back at man of steel as a great film. They already do.

Everybody dapping and :wow:-ing this post like this dude really didn't just ignore half the movies made by Marvel (let alone every other superhero movie made) and just name dropped Marvel's most bland movies like 'But but but, people talk about MoS more!'. Talked about more, not even 'liked more' because MoS has roughly the same rating as the Marvel movies he mentions.

And the only reason MoS is a "polarizing" movie is because of the determination of folks like yourself who keep pretending this shyt wasn't pure garbage. The world has long moved on from MoS being trash except for you guys. I mean, by your logic what's the last time the Coli really sat down and talked about TDK? The Godfather? Citizen Kane? I guess history must've passed all those movies by as well because people don't feel forced to bring them up every three months every time their post-traumatic stress of taking the L kicks in again.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Everybody dapping and :wow:-ing this post like this dude really didn't just ignore half the movies made by Marvel (let alone every other superhero movie made) and just name dropped Marvel's most bland movies like 'But but but, people talk about MoS more!'. Talked about more, not even 'liked more' because MoS has roughly the same rating as the Marvel movies he mentions.

And the only reason MoS is a "polarizing" movie is because of the determination of folks like yourself who keep pretending this shyt wasn't pure garbage. The world has long moved on from MoS being trash except for you guys. I mean, by your logic what's the last time the Coli really sat down and talked about TDK? The Godfather? Citizen Kane? I guess history must've passed all those movies by as well because people don't feel forced to bring them up every three months every time their post-traumatic stress of taking the L kicks in again.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Nah, the only thing that makes me mad is that after two movies we still have to deal with the flattest, most unimpressive Superman I've seen in any medium since the N64 Superman game.:sadsupes:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Nah, the only thing that makes me mad is that after two movies we still have to deal with the flattest, most unimpressive Superman I've seen in any medium since the N64 Superman game.:sadsupes:
You think warcraft was a good film. You almost shed tears of joy watching outright mediocrity like age of ultron. You hate on Christopher Nolan.

Your opinion is irrelevant. Worry less about people enjoying man of steel and worry more about finding a "beard" for public appearances.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You think warcraft was a good film. You almost shed tears of joy watching outright mediocrity like age of ultron. You hate on Christopher Nolan.

Your opinion is irrelevant. Worry less about people enjoying man of steel and worry more about finding a "beard" for public appearances.

Warcraft was a good film. Age Of Ultron was great and many people agreed they were too harsh on it after a second viewing because of the clash of their expectations and what they really got.

And I hate mediocre fallen-off Nolan. Everyone knows I have nothing but respect for pre-Inception Nolan.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's more the misconception on WB's part that making properties grim-dark will make audiences take them seriously.

Doing that with Superman misses the point of what the character's about.

Like when Grant Morrisson wrote Batman, he strived to make Gotham look like a good place to live, because otherwise the dark knight's activities aren't having any feedback on the community.

Similarly, if you have Clark murking characters and trashing cities then who or what the fukk is he meant to be saving in the long-term?[/QUOTE]

Would it not be all of humanity + earth from being teraformed?

Last edited:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
MOS was great in some aspects but it suffered from being "soul-less" IMO. That's because of Snyder's insistence of making SM as dull and unlikeable as possible for some shytty vision he had in his head.