Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I agree. It doesn't really gets its props. The best superman movie ever made.:yeshrug:
This is the popular opinion amongst most people that just arent superman fan-nerds who want to see the whole "Boyscout Superman" thats always been so high, mighty, and totally unrelateable.

I always respected this movie because it was like a coming of age Superman we rarely see... Where he struggled with morality and conflicted and had to grow into the Superman we've got to know.

Thing is, if you watched ANY of the DC cartoons, movies, and shows, Superman has become a lot more darker and dealing with internal conflict.

Hell, the Injustice storyline was one of the best and craziest storylines and I actually thought thats where Snyder was headed with this universe

Plus, it was a good movie. Great action, great filming, great cgi, great score, the story was whatever but it was great movie imo.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
To me when I watch movies. When I say believable, it doesn't mean I have to believe aliens look like humans and can fly because of the increased gravity on his planet. I mean believable in the context of who they say he is. They say he's an alien from krypton, that can fly n shoot laser beams out eyes and gets power from the sun. Thats fiction and movies for you:manny:.

My thing is how would that guy be if it were really happening. They did it pretty well in MOS imo and I really liked that.

I guess part wonders what's the point of making a live action movie with real people if not to take a more realistic take or the characters. As I said in a post before if your just going to port the comic book movie you might as well do an animated movie where its better captures the comic book feel.
This

Thats what people say they want it to be more realistic.

Its still a fictionalized comic book movie but has realistic elements.

Its like watching World War Z or I Am Legend, etc. completely fictional but just had more realistic elements then say Resident Evil or Zombieland.. All enjoyable movies based of fiction just different tones

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Man the first flight scene was even dope and gave me chills especially with the music playing. Easily the best Supes movie. People unfairly shytted on this movie for him killing Zod and nitpicking Cavil for not being everything Reeves was which IMO was corny and did not age well at all. Zod was a dope villain hell even Faora who low key kind of stole the show. The kids love Supes.

This trailer gives me chills

That scene you just talked about gives me chills

The School bus scene :krs:

All the action/fight scenes :krs:

Ending gives me chills as well

Movie is great man. So stupid that this movie gets the hate that it does.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Its on again and watching it now I really like this shyt more so than the first time I watched it. The fight scenes were so damn dope and the intro with Jo-rel is just :ohhh:. It's been coming on lately and is just one of those movies I have to watch. I know its only been 3 years but it's aged pretty damn good and can stand on its own. :cape:
A lot of people feel this way after giving it a fair chance. People are way too caught up and actually comparing it to very old movies that appear to look amateur work compared to what we have now.

All respect to Reeves and all that they did, but Man of Steel is the best superman film ever made. It's not even close :mjlol:

profound

technique
Daps
Just seen this and loved it.

I was :laff: when Chris Keller from oz saw faora on the plane and ran his ass off.

Only to flip her quote on her ("a good death is its own reward" :wow:) and suicide the plane :damn:

That was a good little rivalry in the flick beginning with supermans surrender:

"Should I tell the general u refuse to comply?"

"I don't care what u tell him!"

Liked everything about it and plan to watch it again. I asked my friend who watches more movies than me what marvel flick shyts on MoS when he said it was :trash: but didn't get an answer.

One thing though...it was weird that Zods plan was for crypton to continue and Jor-El's plan was for only his son to survive. He said Zod wanted to decide who lives and who dies yet Jors decision was for everyone to die :patrice:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
One thing I hated was Louis finding out his Id n them bein booed up so quick. Shld have statrted that shyt in mos2 make it true to the comics and make her infatuated with superman not Clark (until she finds out the one in the same and love both side, like how the other Spider-Man films did it with Mj).

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See honestly, I think this is where a lot of the divide comes from. If your a combic book head that wants comic movies to be like the comics, I can see why you might not have cared for it.I loved MOS specifically because it didn't feel like they just took him out of the comics and threw him a live action movie.

To me MOS wasn't a Superman movie, it was a movie about an alien who came to earth. The other alien who was genectically bred with the sole purpose of defending Krypton no longer had a planet to protect, and since that was his main purpose in life he had to create krypton or he really had no reason to live.

Zod was no longer your typical bad guy. He had to teariform earth for his own existence. I don't even think earth was really personal, just business:yeshrug:.

As for the fight and casualties again, it all in the game:yeshrug:. I mean sure it would be great if no one died but, if Superman was a real person and an Alien group almost as strong as him came to tearform Earth people are going to die :yeshrug:.

And that's why I felt it was one of the best comic movies of all time. Because if felt believable, like
Alonzo-Mourning.gif
thats prolly how it would go down in real life.

To contrast I really cant fukk with Marvel movies (:whoa: no disrespect) because I'm always reminded through the whole movie its straight out of comic.
One liners while the earth is on the brink of destruction, captain America wearing that bright blue outfit during covert night missions, barely anyone gets killed. It doesn't feel at all close to reality so it almost like a joke to me.

So I think it just comes down to what you want to see. Comics in live action, or movies that represent what those characters would be like if it were real.

Exactly. MOS made the viewer feel like we really would in that world and situation, absolutely fukkin helpless and powerless to do shyt but run or die as an after thought.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. MOS made the viewer feel like we really would in that world and situation, absolutely fukkin helpless and powerless to do shyt but run or die as an after thought.

And we aint even go into the religious subliminals either:wow:. To me that's how MoS2 should have been about. The relationship to the people of earth to this god like saviour. They tried some of it but needed to go more into it. We should felt the effect of him dying not because he was their hero but, to many their God.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Him putting on the suit and trying to fly only to fail then try again with the score was:banderas:Faora stole that movie to me though she was whooping ass and wasn't even exposed to the sun like Zod was. She didn't gain her full abilities and still put the beats on Supes. The actress playing her is beautiful too her eyes:noah:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Still trying to re-write history and prop this movie up as something good. lol I will say it looks better in hindsight after BvS.
It makes you stans so mad that people like these films :mjlol:

Did you know the shining was ripped apart by critics upon release? Yet now stands as one of the greatest Films ever made.

That's the funny thing about history. Time reveals the truth.

shytty movies like thor 2 and iron man 2 and 3 and age of ultron might have a higher rotten tomatoes score upon release but as time passes they are being exposed as the placid, generic forgettable films they are.

Man of steel was polarizing upon release it's polarizing now. Yet time continues to be kind to it.

Nobody is going to make a thread like this about most of those marvel films you hold so dearly. Because it isn't true. Their shytty movies propped up by a hive mind mentality.

Get used to threads like this. Once this phase of marvel vs dc film stanning in popular culture moves on all that will be left is the film's to stand on their own merits.

Nobody is going to remember the hive mind media internet articles and false rumours.

Nobody is going to look back on the thor films as great films. But plenty will be looking back at man of steel as a great film. They already do.

Last edited:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
it really IS the best Superman movie ever. BASED SNYDER made it work where he wasnt just some overpowered boy scout saving kittens... the brehh had a LOT on his plate

my ONLY and always gonna be my ONLY gripe is amy adams as lois, hoe is annoying... shouldve brought her in for MOS 2 not this early

Daps
Reppin
NYC
if it weren't WB tryna force a cinematic universe henry cavill would be brandon routh status right now :pachaha:

actually he already kinda is :ehh:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just seen this and loved it.

I was :laff: when Chris Keller from oz saw faora on the plane and ran his ass off.

Only to flip her quote on her ("a good death is its own reward" :wow:) and suicide the plane :damn:

That was a good little rivalry in the flick beginning with supermans surrender:

"Should I tell the general u refuse to comply?"

"I don't care what u tell him!"

Liked everything about it and plan to watch it again. I asked my friend who watches more movies than me what marvel flick shyts on MoS when he said it was :trash: but didn't get an answer.

One thing though...it was weird that Zods plan was for crypton to continue and Jor-El's plan was for only his son to survive. He said Zod wanted to decide who lives and who dies yet Jors decision was for everyone to die :patrice:

Nah jor el's AI said they stopped exploring and basically called the nikka a nut when he said they have to keep their outposts open so he snuck whatever resources he had left to get his boy the fukk up out there. Remember everybody new was genetically engineered to just chill and do their job. Thats why Kal's natural birth was blasphemous