Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will say this about that........ if I read the comics.... I watch the cartoons, I see them do that in the comics AND cartoons.... I like it... no I LOVE IT.

If they make a MOVIE about it... I WANT TO SEE THAT.

Be true to yourself.

Thats why I cant fukk with the Xmen movies like that.... they seem ashamed to be themselves.... They dont want to put the costumes on and elect to having them fight in either street clothes or regular watch generic CAW leather suits. Look, I'm sure they can design something dope... I dont wanna hear the "bu bu bu but they may look dumb" look... we all seen millionaires at these BET/MTV awards that look worse and dumber.... I'm sure a great costume designer can create something way better that what we see in normal real life.

I WANT TO SEE WHAT I GREW UP READING/WATCHING. I dont think there is no shame in that and I'm tired of certain franchises being shamed of what they are. If they that insecure then dont fukking make the movie.

That would be like if they redid a Jason movie but he's no longer wearing the mask, dresses more like a gothic emo kid with face paint and carries a switchblade or something

Yea that's why I said theres the divide. Some want a comic with real life people, others want a more realistic depiction of those characters. I'm just latter.

Imo if they are just going to take the comic and just make it with real people, they are better served leaving them in the comics or making animated films. To me their characters make more sense in those mediums just my opinion.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I blame Singer for that shyt. He's hellbent on not referencing shyt from the comics which is why I hate his guts. He's a pompous fukkin moron thats ruined my favorite comic superheros. fakkit passed up this design for Apocalypse.
v6K1liE.png

Unsused-En-Sabah-Nur-Design-X-Men-Apocalypse.jpg

Apocalypse-2.jpg

IMO he just goes too far and ends up ruining shyt. I have no problem with other directors taking slight interpretations on character but what he does is totally over the line.

DAMN!!!!!:gladbron: Those are DOPE interpretations of apocalypse... if that wouldve been on the big screen:wow:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Yea that's why I said theres the divide. Some want a comic with real life people, others want a more realistic depiction of those characters. I'm just latter.

Imo if they are just going to take the comic and just make it with real people, they are better served leaving them in the comics or making animated films. To me their characters make more sense in those mediums just my opinion.

I dont have a problem with the latter, but if you're gonna do that then just create an original..... do some "Matrix" type shyt... that wasnt based off anything Marvel or DC. I would have no problem at all if these big name guys took they story..... or say maybe create something like Hancock as a medium for a particular actor and then used that same story they had in mind and add all they "reality" shyt to it.

But if you're gonna make a Batman, Superman, Xmen, Ironman film...... then just make a fukking Batman, Superman, Xmen, Ironman film.

Yes Batman fights REAL villains like Joker and his goons. But he also fights a fukking zombie and a clay monster and a Gorilla...... Flash fights a fukking Shark..... stop over thinking it

I put faith in the talent of these people to create something that could really work and be dope..... if they remain true to what they are... and fans not try to overthink shyt... I think everything would be perfect

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think to say "comic book" superman wont work.... is bullshyt.

It can work.... just a matter of how they present it.

No one saying he gotta wear red undies over his tights, put his hands on his waste and talk people down.... but there are elements they can still use.

At the end of the day..... I dont need a superhero movie that simulates how it "could be possible" it could work in "real world"

Look that "real world" shyt left the train station the moment you tell me "there is an alien from a far far planet" that looks EXACTLY LIKE humans and can just come to earth and basically blend right in easily.

No, just be real and true to source.. thats all people want, nothing more nothing less.

The JL and JLU Superman, or SPMN from the "young justice" series and even the most recent animated movies have been great Supermen.... nothing like Reeves and excellent renditions of who Superman is. That could EASILY translate over to the big screen

We the fans how to let "comic book movies be comic book movies" and accept the fact they are what they are and stop wanting these movies to be shyt like Citizen Kane or movies based off real shyt. Nothing wrong and no shame in suspending disbelief.... I mean cats have NO problem suspending disbelief when Vin Diesel can get up into a Saudi Billionaires princes house and party, steal his 2 million dollar car and then drive it through 3 buildings hundreds of feet apart and thousands of feet in the air.:stopitslime:

To me when I watch movies. When I say believable, it doesn't mean I have to believe aliens look like humans and can fly because of the increased gravity on his planet. I mean believable in the context of who they say he is. They say he's an alien from krypton, that can fly n shoot laser beams out eyes and gets power from the sun. Thats fiction and movies for you:manny:.

My thing is how would that guy be if it were really happening. They did it pretty well in MOS imo and I really liked that.

I guess part wonders what's the point of making a live action movie with real people if not to take a more realistic take or the characters. As I said in a post before if your just going to port the comic book movie you might as well do an animated movie where its better captures the comic book feel.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont have a problem with the latter, but if you're gonna do that then just create an original..... do some "Matrix" type shyt... that wasnt based off anything Marvel or DC. I would have no problem at all if these big name guys took they story..... or say maybe create something like Hancock as a medium for a particular actor and then used that same story they had in mind and add all they "reality" shyt to it.

But if you're gonna make a Batman, Superman, Xmen, Ironman film...... then just make a fukking Batman, Superman, Xmen, Ironman film.

Yes Batman fights REAL villains like Joker and his goons. But he also fights a fukking zombie and a clay monster and a Gorilla...... Flash fights a fukking Shark..... stop over thinking it

I put faith in the talent of these people to create something that could really work and be dope..... if they remain true to what they are... and fans not try to overthink shyt... I think everything would be perfect

I guess that's just where we differ because there's no way I'm watching Flash fight no fuking shark in live action:mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I guess that's just where we differ because there's no way I'm watching Flash fight no fuking shark in live action:mjlol:

You would you would enjoy it:ufdup:

:mjlol::mjlol:

Thats how I can get through and fairly enjoy Transformers and in all fairness TMNTs..... I thought the sequel this summer was pretty solid... I appreciate them introducing Bee Bop and Rocksteady and staying true to who they are. It was a fun movie.

As a fan you can tell when they are ashamed of what they're doing and dont believe it vs when they do believe it and can commit to it and be true to who they are and what they represent.

Like to this day... I still think WANTED is one of the most disappointing comic adaptions that dropped. They went COMPLETELY away from what it was about and supposed to be. You can tell they were ashamed of it so they decided to just throw its foundation away and thought the were too smart and we are too dumb and they can just create anything and we the fans would buy it.

From all the comic book movies and adaptions.... whether great or shytty....... I'm never surprised that movie is NEVER brought up in the discussion... its like that movie dont even exist at all

That movie damn near killed that Young Dr. Xavier niccas career..... and in some ways he still aint recovered from it

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You would you would enjoy it:ufdup:

:mjlol::mjlol:

Thats how I can get through and fairly enjoy Transformers and in all fairness TMNTs..... I thought the sequel this summer was pretty solid... I appreciate them introducing Bee Bop and Rocksteady and staying true to who they are. It was a fun movie.

As a fan you can tell when they are ashamed of what they're doing and dont believe it vs when they do believe it and can commit to it and be true to who they are and what they represent.

Like to this day... I still think WANTED is one of the most disappointing comic adaptions that dropped. They went COMPLETELY away from what it was about and supposed to be. You can tell they were ashamed of it so they decided to just throw its foundation away and thought the were too smart and we are too dumb and they can just create anything and we the fans would buy it.

From all the comic book movies and adaptions.... whether great or shytty....... I'm never surprised that movie is NEVER brought up in the discussion... its like that movie dont even exist at all

That movie damn near killed that Young Dr. Xavier niccas career..... and in some ways he still aint recovered from it

Was it better then then the OG original Turtle movie. Matter of fact what was the best turtle live action movie? Because after the first og one they had to lightn the movies up because parents got upset.

But what was the best turtle live action movie? :sas1:

And don't lie :sas2:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Was it better then then the OG original Turtle movie. Matter of fact what was the best turtle live action movie? Because after the first og one they had to lightn the movies up because parents got upset.

But what was the best turtle live action movie? :sas1:

And don't lie :sas2:

I honestly think it was.... like I watched prepared to troll and completely shyt on it.... like:troll::lolbron::skip:

But I walked away from it like :ehh::obama::pachaha:

It was a fun movie, it at its core stayed true to what it was..... I grew up a kill LOVING the turtles to it gave me a nostalgic feel but didnt come off kiddy or corny.

Nicca I had all the turtles as a kid and I even had the damn bus:blessed:

I actually thought it was pretty well and cant really shyt on MBay for that one.

So I guess I can say yes..... it was just a really fun summer movie.

Like in a few years.... if I'm flipping through channels and I see its on FX or TNT.... I'd more than likely watch it again

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly think it was.... like I watched prepared to troll and completely shyt on it.... like:troll::lolbron::skip:

But I walked away from it like :ehh::obama::pachaha:

It was a fun movie, it at its core stayed true to what it was..... I grew up a kill LOVING the turtles to it gave me a nostalgic feel but didnt come off kiddy or corny.

Nicca I had all the turtles as a kid and I even had the damn bus:blessed:

I actually thought it was pretty well and cant really shyt on MBay for that one.

So I guess I can say yes..... it was just a really fun summer movie.

Like in a few years.... if I'm flipping through channels and I see its on FX or TNT.... I'd more than likely watch it again

I knew a guy if I can remember correctly had the blimp:wow:

I mean I think its about different tastes tbh. As I get older the type of movies that I would haved loved as a kid I give the :francis: now.

A younger me marvel movies like Cap 2 would be my favorite of all time. But as and adult the type of movie is
39-Jay-Z-Ehhh.gif
at best.
Except Black Panther but that off GP.

This is also coming from a guy that fuks with animated films.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I knew a guy if I can remember correctly had the blimp:wow:

I mean I think its about different tastes tbh. As I get older the type of movies that I would haved loved as a kid I give the :francis: now.

A younger me marvel movies like Cap 2 would be my favorite of all time. But as and adult the type of movie is
39-Jay-Z-Ehhh.gif
at best.
Except Black Panther but that of GP.

This is also coming from a guy that fuks with animated films.

I feel you.... I guess I can just temper my taste differently. Like dont get me wrong.... I did love the Nolan Batfilms...... but those same films couldve been easily done without the whole Batman element. It wasnt exactly true to what it originally is supposed to be. Those felt like crime dramas that at the last minute someone said "Hey.... lets add BATMAN to this" and thats nice and all..... but I just like the movies that like "ok 1st and for most this is a Captain American movie, then we can add political thriller elements to it".

I mean both when done right can be dope..... but you couldnt make the Cap films anything but Cap film while with Nolanman films.... he couldve easily said "these movies about a millionaire name Eagleman and he's trying to protect his city" hell they couldve did all the movies with him wearing a black suit similar to that Daredevil wore early in his eps and the movie wouldnt have missed a beat. A guy dressed as a ninja with cool gadgets fights other ninjas in movie one, still dressed as a ninja but fights a crazy but smart mob boss movie 2, once again a ninja and fights a political terrorist and a sexy spy who betrays him movie 3:manny:

I just try to take them for what they are and thats the same from fantasy to sci fi.

I dont need a fantasy type movie to "have to force" real element type shyt in it or explain magic. I dont need a sci fi type movie to have to give Harvard definitions to why its grounded

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you.... I guess I can just temper my taste differently. Like dont get me wrong.... I did love the Nolan Batfilms...... but those same films couldve been easily done without the whole Batman element. It wasnt exactly true to what it originally is supposed to be. Those felt like crime dramas that at the last minute someone said "Hey.... lets add BATMAN to this" and thats nice and all..... but I just like the movies that like "ok 1st and for most this is a Captain American movie, then we can add political thriller elements to it".

I mean both when done right can be dope..... but you couldnt make the Cap films anything but Cap film while with Nolanman films.... he couldve easily said "these movies about a millionaire name Eagleman and he's trying to protect his city" hell they couldve did all the movies with him wearing a black suit similar to that Daredevil wore early in his eps and the movie wouldnt have missed a beat. A guy dressed as a ninja with cool gadgets fights other ninjas in movie one, still dressed as a ninja but fights a crazy but smart mob boss movie 2, once again a ninja and fights a political terrorist and a sexy spy who betrays him movie 3:manny:

I just try to take them for what they are and thats the same from fantasy to sci fi.

I dont need a fantasy type movie to "have to force" real element type shyt in it or explain magic. I dont need a sci fi type movie to have to give Harvard definitions to why its grounded

That makes sense

Tbh it would be great if they could make both types that way everybody :eat:no matter what u like.