Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man the first flight scene was even dope and gave me chills especially with the music playing. Easily the best Supes movie. People unfairly shytted on this movie for him killing Zod and nitpicking Cavil for not being everything Reeves was which IMO was corny and did not age well at all. Zod was a dope villain hell even Faora who low key kind of stole the show. The kids love Supes.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man the first flight scene was even dope and gave me chills especially with the music playing. Easily the best Supes movie. People unfairly shytted on this movie for him killing Zod but he was a dope villain hell even Faora who low key kind of stole the show.

The damage was epic like it should be in a supes fight. Watchin it in Imax blue my mind too

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The damage was epic like it should be in a supes fight. Watchin it in Imax blue my mind too
Yea I never understood why people were bytchin about that. I mean I get people got fukked up but what do you expect when superpowered aliens fight in the middle of the city. If people would have gotten the same cornball fight from Superman 2 they would have walked out the theater or still be bytchin. This aint the 50s or the 80s where he can put his hands on his waist spout off some corny shyt and talk down to evil doers. Necks got snapped buildings got fukked up and people got killed..deal with it. Better than your world getting completely fukked up and terraformed.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dark Superman isn't Superman.

When I saw Iron Man I was sitting there thinking "Holy shyt. Iron Man jumped out of the comicbook into this movie." Same with Cap. I never felt that I was watching THE "actual" Superman during MoS, just some alternate universe elseworlds retelling of the origin. He let his dad die. That would just never happen. He would have fought Zod without destroying Metropolis and he woulda done something besides outright murder Zod.

The main thing that throws me off about the neck snap was HE TURNED ZOD'S HEAD TOWARD THE FAMILY. This would have had the effect of moving Zod's eyes that last bit toward them and cutting them all in half. So it wasn't even organic, just shoehorned in as a reason for Dark Superman to kill a mofo.

Look at the Joker they chose. Look at the hideous Bat symbol. These people are not giving me the "real" DCU, they are just using the names to bring their vision of these characters. I'm sick of that. Just put the comics on the screen. We have like 100 years of scripts and storyboards. Just use them.

So that's why I was underwhelmed.

/nerd rage rant.

See honestly, I think this is where a lot of the divide comes from. If your a combic book head that wants comic movies to be like the comics, I can see why you might not have cared for it.I loved MOS specifically because it didn't feel like they just took him out of the comics and threw him a live action movie.

To me MOS wasn't a Superman movie, it was a movie about an alien who came to earth. The other alien who was genectically bred with the sole purpose of defending Krypton no longer had a planet to protect, and since that was his main purpose in life he had to create krypton or he really had no reason to live.

Zod was no longer your typical bad guy. He had to teariform earth for his own existence. I don't even think earth was really personal, just business:yeshrug:.

As for the fight and casualties again, it all in the game:yeshrug:. I mean sure it would be great if no one died but, if Superman was a real person and an Alien group almost as strong as him came to tearform Earth people are going to die :yeshrug:.

And that's why I felt it was one of the best comic movies of all time. Because if felt believable, like
Alonzo-Mourning.gif
thats prolly how it would go down in real life.

To contrast I really cant fukk with Marvel movies (:whoa: no disrespect) because I'm always reminded through the whole movie its straight out of comic.
One liners while the earth is on the brink of destruction, captain America wearing that bright blue outfit during covert night missions, barely anyone gets killed. It doesn't feel at all close to reality so it almost like a joke to me.

So I think it just comes down to what you want to see. Comics in live action, or movies that represent what those characters would be like if it were real.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
See honestly, I think this is where a lot of the divide comes from. If your a combic book head that wants comic movies to be like the comics, I can see why you might not have cared for it.I loved MOS specifically because it didn't feel like they just took him out of the comics and threw him a live action movie.

To me MOS wasn't a Superman movie, it was a movie about an alien who came to earth. The other alien who was genectically bred with the sole purpose of defending Krypton no longer had a planet to protect, and since that was his main purpose in life he had to create krypton or he really had no reason to live.

Zod was no longer your typical bad guy. He had to teariform earth for his own existence. I don't even think earth was really personal, just business:yeshrug:.

As for the fight and casualties again, it all in the game:yeshrug:. I mean sure it would be great if no one died but, if Superman was a real person and an Alien group almost as strong as him came to tearform Earth people are going to die :yeshrug:.

And that's why I felt it was one of the best comic movies of all time. Because if felt believable, like
Alonzo-Mourning.gif
thats prolly how it would go down in real life.

To contrast I really cant fukk with Marvel movies (:whoa: no disrespect) because I'm always reminded through the whole movie its straight out of comic.
One liners while the earth is on the brink of destruction, captain America wearing that bright blue outfit during covert night missions, barely anyone gets killed. It doesn't feel at all close to reality so it almost like a joke to me.

So I think it just comes down to what you want to see. Comics in live action, or movies that represent what those characters would be like if it were real.
Thank you. This is just how I feel. The comic book Superman character just doesn't work in this day and age so when people bytch about him letting people get hurt and him not killing people I just think they not being realistic with themselves. Zod was not having it and that world engine killed more people than they did when they fought. People wouldn't be satisfied until they got the chest plastic frisbee scene in this new one like in Supes 2.
superman-throws-his-s-o.gif

:mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think to say "comic book" superman wont work.... is bullshyt.

It can work.... just a matter of how they present it.

No one saying he gotta wear red undies over his tights, put his hands on his waste and talk people down.... but there are elements they can still use.

At the end of the day..... I dont need a superhero movie that simulates how it "could be possible" it could work in "real world"

Look that "real world" shyt left the train station the moment you tell me "there is an alien from a far far planet" that looks EXACTLY LIKE humans and can just come to earth and basically blend right in easily.

No, just be real and true to source.. thats all people want, nothing more nothing less.

The JL and JLU Superman, or SPMN from the "young justice" series and even the most recent animated movies have been great Supermen.... nothing like Reeves and excellent renditions of who Superman is. That could EASILY translate over to the big screen

We the fans how to let "comic book movies be comic book movies" and accept the fact they are what they are and stop wanting these movies to be shyt like Citizen Kane or movies based off real shyt. Nothing wrong and no shame in suspending disbelief.... I mean cats have NO problem suspending disbelief when Vin Diesel can get up into a Saudi Billionaires princes house and party, steal his 2 million dollar car and then drive it through 3 buildings hundreds of feet apart and thousands of feet in the air.:stopitslime:

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

I will say this about that........ if I read the comics.... I watch the cartoons, I see them do that in the comics AND cartoons.... I like it... no I LOVE IT.

If they make a MOVIE about it... I WANT TO SEE THAT.

Be true to yourself.

Thats why I cant fukk with the Xmen movies like that.... they seem ashamed to be themselves.... They dont want to put the costumes on and elect to having them fight in either street clothes or regular watch generic CAW leather suits. Look, I'm sure they can design something dope... I dont wanna hear the "bu bu bu but they may look dumb" look... we all seen millionaires at these BET/MTV awards that look worse and dumber.... I'm sure a great costume designer can create something way better that what we see in normal real life.

I WANT TO SEE WHAT I GREW UP READING/WATCHING. I dont think there is no shame in that and I'm tired of certain franchises being shamed of what they are. If they that insecure then dont fukking make the movie.

That would be like if they redid a Jason movie but he's no longer wearing the mask, dresses more like a gothic emo kid with face paint and carries a switchblade or something

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I will say this about that........ if I read the comics.... I watch the cartoons, I see them do that in the comics AND cartoons.... I like it... no I LOVE IT.

If they make a MOVIE about it... I WANT TO SEE THAT.

Be true to yourself.

Thats why I cant fukk with the Xmen movies like that.... they seem ashamed to be themselves.... They dont want to put the costumes on and elect to having them fight in either street clothes or regular watch generic CAW leather suits. Look, I'm sure they can design something dope... I dont wanna hear the "bu bu bu but they may look dumb" look... we all seen millionaires at these BET/MTV awards that look worse and dumber.... I'm sure a great costume designer can create something way better that what we see in normal real life.

I WANT TO SEE WHAT I GREW UP READING/WATCHING. I dont think there is no shame in that and I'm tired of certain franchises being shamed of what they are. If they that insecure then dont fukking make the movie.

That would be like if they redid a Jason movie but he's no longer wearing the mask, dresses more like a gothic emo kid with face paint and carries a switchblade or something
I blame Singer for that shyt. He's hellbent on not referencing shyt from the comics which is why I hate his guts. He's a pompous fukkin moron thats ruined my favorite comic superheros. fakkit passed up this design for Apocalypse.
v6K1liE.png

Unsused-En-Sabah-Nur-Design-X-Men-Apocalypse.jpg

Apocalypse-2.jpg

IMO he just goes too far and ends up ruining shyt. I have no problem with other directors taking slight interpretations on character but what he does is totally over the line.