MAMMI OPRAH WINFREY denied by a store. Saleswoman assumed she couldn't AFFORD to shop there.

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
:what: nikka! Muhfukkas like @inndskKy opinion doesn't matter. fukk that lame ass troll.

Oprah played it the right way. Oprah has been a Billionaire for years now. If she would have reduced her self to "proving" that she has money to a saleswoman who's yearly income is Oprah daily spending money then Oprah would have taken a million loses.

Plus you give the person the opportunity to back peddle and cop pleas. When was the last time you needed proof of income to SHOP AT A STORE. :stopitslime:

Serious question, have you ever went to your local mall and the sales person asked you to prove you could afford to shop there? NO!

So if nobody else has to go through that...Oprah shouldn't have to reduce her self to that either. AGAIN, Oprah played this exactly how she was supposed to play it.

People like his or hers opinion matter because there are going to be millions who have the same stance or similar that are going to write this off as nothing caucasians and africans alike, in stores where purses cost nearly somebodies yearly mortgage things like asking to touch merchandise are handled differently so i cant ignore that factor, anybody who is against racism is not above exposing it more clearly imo

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
On one hand, it's clear that it was racism.

On the other hand, WTH does any woman(or man) need with a $38K bag? :why: That's just ridiculous.

There's some stuff that if I hit the Powerball I would still NEVER buy

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
I don't care if you own your own airline, paying 38k for a hand bag is retarded. It's not about being able to afford it.. We all know she can afford to buy hundreds of bags worth that much.

It's not she's buying a car or home, she's copping a 38k bag to wear a few times :dead:

fukking c00n.

You must be calling her a c00n, because I damn sure am not one.

You're a legit hypocrite though like a poster above stated if you aren't eating fukking ramen every day, riding the bus, etc. If you buy Pizza Hut, you're retarded, we know you can afford Pizza Hut. Why aren't you eating Little Caesar's?!

All of a sudden you're the authority on what's too much for a specific item? Stfu with this faux self-righteousness.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
You must be calling her a c00n, because I damn sure am not one.

You're a legit hypocrite though like a poster above stated if you aren't eating fukking ramen every day, riding the bus, etc. If you buy Pizza Hut, you're retarded, we know you can afford Pizza Hut. Why aren't you eating Little Caesar's?!

All of a sudden you're the authority on what's too much for a specific item? Stfu with this faux self-righteousness.

Pizza hut doesn't cost 38k for a pie breh. :Dead: @ you trying to equate buying a 38k bag to buying pizza hut over little Caesars. The finer things in life, eh? I'm sure if Pizzahut had a pie for 38 grand, it would be cool for Oprah to buy it though, right?? :heh:

Scust @ these clowns that can't see paying 38k for a bag is fukking stupid no matter how much money you have.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now you're gunna play stupid....or maybe you're just the real deal. Fcking buster.

Any sane person can see that you're just a smart dumb poster who can't give reasons for his beliefs when called out on them. You more racist than the clerk probably and it burns your soul to have to find out about yourself through other people on a message board of all places. You the type to praise MLK, Malcolm and Madiba on the one hand and keep up the practices they have sacrificed their lives for to end on the other hand. But as long as you don't stand alone right..feel-safe-in-the-crowd-ass dummy.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Scust @ these clowns that can't see paying 38k for a bag is fukking stupid no matter how much money you have.
Its all relative. I don't think its stupid at all. We don't operate in a vacuum. Things that cost $38 to are equivalent to extremely expensive things in Oprah's income area.

You might think a $500K car is stupid but if I was a billionaire that would be something I just wrote a check for when I got bored.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People like his or hers opinion matter because there are going to be millions who have the same stance or similar that are going to write this off as nothing caucasians and africans alike, in stores where purses cost nearly somebodies yearly mortgage things like asking to touch merchandise are handled differently so i cant ignore that factor, anybody who is against racism is not above exposing it more clearly imo
My nikka! Money matters. The only opinions that matter are the opinions of the people with money because they make the moves.

Think about what you said for a second. People like @inndaskKy is not using logic, he/she is making his statement based on his bias for white people. So you will never convince him that it is racism. The saleswoman coulda burned a cross and said white power and idiots like @inndaskKy would say...

"well maybe she burned the cross for religious reasons. She only said white power because she is proud to be white. That doesn't mean she's a racist."

The problem black people have is that they feel the need to CONVINCE white people when that they are racist.

As if, racism doesn't exist unless a white person acknowledges it.
:what:

Stop looking for white people to validate things.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I don't care if you own your own airline, paying 38k for a hand bag is retarded. It's not about being able to afford it.. We all know she can afford to buy hundreds of bags worth that much.

It's not she's buying a car or home, she's copping a 38k bag to wear a few times :dead:

fukking c00n.

you do realize that last year Oprah made about $3m/wk right? That's about $75,000 an hour using a 40 hour work week.

If her buying that bag makes her a c00n, you buying a stick of gum means you deserve to be lynched :dead:

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Pizza hut doesn't cost 38k for a pie breh. :Dead: @ you trying to equate buying a 38k bag to buying pizza hut over little Caesars. The finer things in life, eh? I'm sure if Pizzahut had a pie for 38 grand, it would be cool for Oprah to buy it though, right?? :heh:

It's been we'll noted that low to middle income people view money differently. Of course you'd think 38k is too much for a bag. In fact, I wouldn't spend that much on a fukking bag ...

but ...

if I was worth billions, and my girl wanted a 38k bag, then I would get it. Why? Because its nothing. Won't even dent my account. And that's money being pumped into the economy. Granted this time it wasn't OUR economy, lol.

Anyway ...

get out of her fukking pockets. :stopitslime:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Its all relative. I don't think its stupid at all. We don't operate in a vacuum. Things that cost $38 to are equivalent to extremely expensive things in Oprah's income area.

You might think a $500K car is stupid but if I was a billionaire that would be something I just wrote a check for when I got bored.

Thats the thing, I dont think buying luxurious cars, jewlery or homes is a bad thing if you have the money. But a fukking bag worth 38k? No amount of money on Earth would make me pay that much for a bag.

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life

:wtf:

said by a broke person clearly

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
It's been we'll noted that low to middle income people view money differently. Of course you'd think 38k is too much for a bag. In fact, I wouldn't spend that much on a fukking bag ...

but ...

if I was worth billions, and my girl wanted a 38k bag, then I would get it. Why? Because its nothing. Won't even dent my account. And that's money being pumped into the economy. Granted this time it wasn't OUR economy, lol.

Anyway ...

get out of her fukking pockets. :stopitslime:

Oprah woulda made that 38k back in interest before she even left the store :wow: