Malcolm Jenkins Puts Fist in Air during Anthem (Chris Long has arm around him)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
i didnt ignore shyt i asked u a fukking question. Which u nvr answered. Even King himself acknowledged them after bloody sunday but i guess he was just c00ning right? You're right tho, those riots did change things especially the king assassination riots but in the end we needed white folks to pass those laws. To think that we can do it all on our own and that the help of the majority of this country isnt needed whatsoever is just dumb. If that was the case we wouldnt be in this situation to begin with. You do u tho breh and spew hate and vitriol to everyone u come in contact with because thats definitely how we get shyt done.
The answer to your question, was literally in the post you quoted.

Your question: soooo u dont think the white folks involvement on the marches helped?
My answer: They played a negative role because they lead a movement to their own benefit, not black benefit, which is why blacks are still experiencing and fighting for the same things now as then.

You got your answer and ignored it.

King can acknowledge anything he wants, I disagree with his and Rustin's white directed strategy. When King started coming more towards a Position I support he was assasinated.
Needed white folks to pass laws that they then ignored, again the political process argument has proven to bear no fruit whatsoever to black americans.
I think black americans missed up when we abandoned our own means of production for the promise of white inclusion, it has left us broken and dependent on whites. Black need to return to creating parallel structures in US society and voluntarilly choosing to separate ourselves.
If you think voluntary separation is dumb, fine with me, I don't care.

How is it spewing hate and vitriol to say white acceptance isn't a goal to me, and praising a white person for acting decent is strange.

Your ilk can't seem to tolerate a person like me and others who aren't worshipping and begging whites for acceptance, but hey you go ahead and do you.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang

When you have a team that is majority black this is what cac players are suppose to do!! :mindblown:

This is what they are suppose to do either publicly or privately. :damn:

How the fukk can you be against equality for all people when you are surrounded by black players?:whatthefukk:

There are people with Nazi flags walking down the street and cacs like the president are like :manny: "maybe they have a point".

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
:salute: #ByrdGang

Cacs trying to spin this to say Malcolm is showing a symbol of black supremacy.

It is a symbol of black power, not supremacy.

Supremacy comes from those who already have power. White supremacy in America sounds less awkward than black supremacy in America.

White America proved this point by electing one of the most incompetent and unfit Caucasian individuals to the highest office in the land.

The raised fist is a symbol of defiance to ongoing oppression. African Americans (i.e. descendants of american slaves) have been marginalized by private citizens and the local, state and federal government throughout their experience in America.

Race relations will never improve unless America addresses their original sin of slavery. Its a long history but everything stems from that. A country founded on freedom and equality had slaves for nearly 100 years!!!! A country founded on freedom and equality had Jim Crow Laws for nearly 100 years!!! A country founded on freedom and equality had mass incarceration laws that disproportionately affects black Americans!!!! We fought a war but the scars never healed because we haven't fully stitched it up and have done things to infect the wound.

We can keep ignoring it, and pretend it doesn't exist but nothing changes. A race war will boil over because of statements like that and the statements by 45.

I highly support Chris Long's stance here. It takes white allies to do away with white supremacy and move more towards equality for all.

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The players who have come out in support and put their careers on the line, I will forever respect them. It takes a lot to do this, sadly. Especially the ones who are not stars and are on the bubble.

One day they will be able to tell their kids and grandkids about the sacrifice they made and that to me is a huge legacy to leave. It's the ones who looked away, the ones who crtiized....those ones will be full of regret for the rest of their days.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Here comes the let's not welcome this brigade
What? I'm not impressed with the gesture and I don't have to be because some of you are. I welcome it, just not impressed. Different narrative, so don't go trying to create one for me. :camby:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
What? I'm not impressed with the gesture and I don't have to be because some of you are. I welcome it, just not impressed. Different narrative, so don't go trying to create one for me. :camby:
You can say the same about the other players as well.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
But you don't have posts saying the same thing in other threads.

That's the point.
Nah that's NOT the point. But I'll watch you create one just to join in :pachaha:Also, I didn't REALLY participate in other threads. So what other threads are YOU talking about?

Don't beat around the bush, jump in and say what you have to say. We're big boys:dame:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

:russ:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Nah that's NOT the point. But I'll watch you create one just to join in :pachaha:Also, I didn't REALLY participate in other threads. So what other threads are YOU talking about?

Don't beat around the bush, jump in and say what you have to say. We're big boys:dame:
It is the point. Don't invalidate his gesture as simply unimpressive. He's the lone white player willing to put down his privilege and it should be applauded.

Through him, it only shows how much more white cowardice is out there because he stands alone.

Dudes try too hard sometimes

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
It is the point. Don't invalidate his gesture as simply unimpressive. He's the lone white player willing to put down his privilege and it should be applauded.

Through him, it only shows how much more white cowardice is out there because he stands alone.

Dudes try too hard sometimes
It is unimpressive to me, you don't tell me how to feel or what to do. I acknowledged what he has done, read the thread, but I still walk away unimpressed with this recent gesture. Someone just posted a pic of Pee Wee Reese doing the same exact thing to Jackie Rob 70 years ago. and I'm supposed to be impressed? Nah. You dudes read into what you want when replying to posts, and never reply to the FULL context. I didn't say anything bad about Chris or his gesture, but here you are telling me what I should be impressed by. Break north Reb!

tumblr_mnmdpsgkaF1qm76s1o3_250.gif

tumblr_mnmdpsgkaF1qm76s1o4_250.gif

Last edited: