Malcolm Jenkins Puts Fist in Air during Anthem (Chris Long has arm around him)

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
What is there to appreciate about what Long did? Is the bar that low, that you praise white people for doing things that decent human beings do?
This is are society in a nutshell. Being a decent or good person get you no attention. The media/news/entertainment industry puts in your face 24/7 if you want attention either do some stupid over the top shyt or you have to dress overly sexual.

They will spend twenty minutes talking about who was wearing what or who is fukk who but will spend thirty seconds on a good deed or someone doing something positive story.

It was a :ld:ok gesture but overall im just :zzz::zzz::zzz:because it really doesn't mean jack shyt in the grand scheme of thing.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
This is are society in a nutshell. Being a decent or good person get you no attention. The media/news/entertainment industry puts in your face 24/7 if you want attention either do some stupid over the top shyt or you have to dress overly sexual.

They will spend twenty minutes talking about who was wearing what or who is fukk who but will spend thirty seconds on a good deed or someone doing something positive story.

It was a :ld:ok gesture but overall im just :zzz::zzz::zzz:because it really doesn't mean jack shyt in the grand scheme of thing.

Right! Unfortunately to some posters up here, it means a lot.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
It is unimpressive to me, you don't tell me how to feel or what to do. I acknowledged what he has done, read the thread, but I still walk away unimpressed with this recent gesture. Someone just posted a pic of Pee Wee Reese doing the same exact thing to Jackie Rob 70 years ago. and I'm supposed to be impressed? Nah. You dudes read into what you want when replying to posts, and never reply to the FULL context. I didn't say anything bad about Chris or his gesture, but here you are telling me what I should be impressed by. Break north Reb!

tumblr_mnmdpsgkaF1qm76s1o3_250.gif

tumblr_mnmdpsgkaF1qm76s1o4_250.gif
Pee Wee Reese embracing Jackie is completely different than this. Chris is embracing his teammates fight, not his appearance there like Jackie.

Second, I'm watching what's going on in NC where throngs of people from different backgrounds have been ON IT, protesting alongside each other for over 4 years, 80000 of them at the doorsteps of the NC legislature on Moral Monday's...with zero coverage on them. And it's those same people now backing that sista who pulled that statue down, going in droves to the station house to get arrested alongside her.

I get dudes love the belief that us and us alone can correct the ills of these sick and twisted racists, but I'm concerned about the overall human condition, and one thing I've learned, people don't change unless they see people who look like them doing it. That goes for all of us when we celebrate us being the "only" or "the first." We need to see it. They too need to see it.

Devalue it all you want thinking it represents some sort of strength on your part, but I see it as misguided.

That Malcolm gif is cute and all, but even he ended where I'm at. You posting those gifs like that was the end of his evolution. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
Pee Wee Reese embracing Jackie is completely different than this. Chris is embracing his teammates fight, not his appearance there like Jackie.

Second, I'm watching what's going on in NC where throngs of people from different backgrounds have been ON IT, protesting alongside each other for over 4 years, 80000 of them at the doorsteps of the NC legislature on Moral Monday's...with zero coverage on them. And it's those same people now backing that sista who pulled that statue down, going in droves to the station house to get arrested alongside her.

I get dudes love the belief that us and us alone can correct the ills of these sick and twisted racists, but I'm concerned about the overall human condition, and one thing I've learned, people don't change unless they see people who look like them doing it. That goes for all of us when we celebrate us being the "only" or "the first." We need to see it. They too need to see it.

Devalue it all you want thinking it represents some sort of strength on your part, but I see it as misguided.

That Malcolm gif is cute and all, but even he ended where I'm at. You posting those gifs like that was the end of his evolution. :mjlol:
Reading your post, we share similar views, except on Chris' gesture. I know we cannot do it by ourselves, however, his gesture still doesn't do anything for me and you can't change my mind.

I didn't post Malcolm gifs like that was the end of his evolution, that's YOUR usual subtle placement of one's narrative created by your own narrative. Stop, I been hip to your game. Now, I posted the gif because you and others are celebrating a white dudes gesture more than the powerful stance the Black brother was showing. It shows that Chris' gesture is stronger than Malcolm's and that's false. Look at the attention it's getting. Until more Black people start standing up for ourselves, then there isn't anything much that white person who's not prejudice can do. And that's what I believe. You're blinded by it being Malcolm X and not the message that I'm relaying. My personal beliefs, doesn't matter where he ended at or where you are. Breh we disagree and it's okay. You have a hard time dealing with someone who disagrees with you and that's your only purpose here, nothing more , nothing less. Your truth isn't mine:russell:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Who are these posters? @them and stop being cowards for daps. Or are y'all making things up? NOTHING is wrong with what Long did, I don't think ANYONE said that, some of us aren't moved by his gesture and that seems to be THE problem. Keep jumping for joy because a white breh speaks out, meanwhile a million more who actually have POWER and INFLUENCE don't give a damn about you and your family's Black asses. Because some of us in this thread aren't celebrating with you brothers doesn't mean that we aren't Black, we are going on what the past and present is showing us, they (NFL owners and the Law) don't care and won't change anything to benefit us as a whole. Long putting his arm around Malc doesn't change shyt for me or you or Black people. You're the type that these racist people love, they give you crumb and your ass is jumping in circles and denouncing others who don't jump while you're skinning and grinning when "massa" is "down for the cause". Get your ass way outta here with your views and your bullshyt reasoning. The Black Panthers, you know the brothers that came from the Bay, are turning over in their graves because of boot licking negroes like you. Keep fishing for daps to sound politically correct, when the situations are all incorrect. Put more energy into these honkeys who hate me and you instead of going against the next brother who may not have the same excitement of a white dude "speaking out". Quick to throw brehs to the side who don't trust white men. I'm not your enemy, nor are the other brothers who don't agree with you 100%.
I was debating on whether or not to go back and forth with you but fukk it ill bite. My responses are focused on what I bolded in your post.

Again its not about "jumping for joy" that a white person joined in. No one thinks that racism ended when Chris Long put his arm around him. Think about this, if Kaepernicks white teammates supported his protest last year he would still be in the NFL right now because no coach's or owners can call something a distraction if everyone believes in the same cause. You have good intentions but you arent seeing the bigger picture. As for the Black Panthers... You are very mistaken, they werent on some "fukk the rest of yall we got this" shyt. They worked with the Brown Berets (Mexican activists) and they worked with white activists. They would never turn away people from other races that were potential allies. You are right, you're a fellow black man you aint my enemy but I wholeheartedly disagree with your approach.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Its the same principle. Even that, you in the bay. When the black panthers saw their brehs getting beat by cops, did they put up a fist? Or did they go create their own "police" force to police the police?
This is a entirely discussion itself. If you think fists in the air are pointless then you disagree with these anthem protests whether the person doing it are white or black players. We can debate that in another thread.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
I was debating on whether or not to go back and forth with you but fukk it ill bite. My responses are focused on what I bolded in your post.

Again its not about "jumping for joy" that a white person joined in. No one thinks that racism ended when Chris Long put his arm around him. Think about this, if Kaepernicks white teammates supported his protest last year he would still be in the NFL right now because no coach's or owners can call something a distraction if everyone believes in the same cause. You have good intentions but you arent seeing the bigger picture. As for the Black Panthers... You are very mistaken, they werent on some "fukk the rest of yall we got this" shyt. They worked with the Brown Berets (Mexican activists) and they worked with white activists. They would never turn away people from other races that were potential allies. You are right, you're a fellow black man you aint my enemy but I wholeheartedly disagree with your approach.

Bolded: Mistaken on what? Where did I say that quote? :gucci: I NEVER said this, you're making things up now. And my posts didn't indicate that I have that train of thought. I can't breh, I can't. :hubie:

I KNOW who the Panthers worked with, I'm into their history, I'm no pro but I'm FAR from a neophyte on our history. Yes, they worked with these people, but they actually put work IN first. They didn't wait around and celebrate white participation like SOME up here are doing. That's all. All of this because I wasn't impressed by Chris. :pachaha:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Bolded: Mistaken on what? Where did I say that quote? :gucci: I NEVER said this, you're making things up now. And my posts didn't indicate that I have that train of thought. I can't breh, I can't. :hubie:

I KNOW who the Panthers worked with, I'm into their history, I'm no pro but I'm FAR from a neophyte on our history. Yes, they worked with these people, but they actually put work IN first. They didn't wait around and celebrate white participation like SOME up here are doing. That's all. All of this because I wasn't impressed by Chris. :pachaha:
How is giving props to Chris mean people were waiting around for white participation? The fact that you keep reiterating that narrative of a white saviour is where our views are clashing. What are you trying to prove by saying the black panthers put in work first? The black players in the NFL put in work first too with the protests and afterwards Long took a step towards white players supporting the cause. What is the difference? And what do you mean by "all of this because I wasnt impressed by Chris"? You took it upon yourself to announce where you stand on this issue and nikkas are replying to your stance.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
How is giving props to Chris mean people were waiting around for white participation? The fact that you keep reiterating that narrative of a white saviour is where our views are clashing. What are you trying to prove by saying the black panthers put in work first? The black players in the NFL put in work first too with the protests and afterwards Long took a step towards white players supporting the cause. What is the difference? And what do you mean by "all of this because I wasnt impressed by Chris"? You took it upon yourself to announce where you stand on this issue and nikkas are replying to your stance.

I said they CELEBRATED Chris, I was saying the Panthers didn't wait around for white participation. I'm not debating WHO out of the Black people put in work first, :why: what are you turning this to? You're everywhere breh, stick to what's actually being said. "I'M NOT IMPRESSED", that's all. I don't mind dudes replying, where did I complain about that? I'm not agreeing with giving him that much props and people like you are trying to tell me why I should, and that's okay. Everything changed when you challenged my Blackness because I didn't agree with you, that's weak and corny.

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
as much as I think cacs are evil devils I am not foolish enough to think that there aren't any real ones out there. Some people no matter the race live by "treat others how you want to be treated" and "live and let live"

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
This is a entirely discussion itself. If you think fists in the air are pointless then you disagree with these anthem protests whether the person doing it are white or black players. We can debate that in another thread.

The protests have no endgame. I appreciate the making cacs mad part but that's where it ends because I'm not sure what they're asking for other than love/acceptance/sympathy from cacs. We don't need any of that from them imo

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
I said they CELEBRATED Chris, I was saying the Panthers didn't wait around for white participation. I'm not debating WHO out of the Black people put in work first, :why: what are you turning this to? You're everywhere breh, stick to what's actually being said. "I'M NOT IMPRESSED", that's all. I don't mind dudes replying, where did I complain about that? I'm not agreeing with giving him that much props and people like you are trying to tell me why I should, and that's okay. Everything changed when you challenged my Blackness because I didn't agree with you, that's weak and corny.
Im gonna quote you line for line so you can't play the "im making shyt up" card.

I was saying the Panthers didn't wait around for white participation. I'm not debating WHO out of the Black people put in work first, :why:

I responded to this by saying the black NFL players didnt wait around for white participation either. Who are you accusing of waiting around for white participation? If you're accusing coli posters of waiting for white participation then that makes absolutely no sense because we've been saluting Kaep, beast mode, the Bennett bro's, etc since the beginning.

"I'M NOT IMPRESSED", that's all
I dont recall anyone beefing with you for not being impressed. You called someone out and asked him why we should care about the gesture and posters have been giving you responses to your question.

Everything changed when you challenged my Blackness because I didn't agree with you, that's weak and corny.
You are entitled to your opinion, I addressed that in my other post.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Kaep is a revolutionary....when he was protesting I could see that it could be the start of so much bigger. I'm proud of these brehs who are carrying on for him this season. Only thing I can't comprehend is how can you still stand by and watch on the sidelines after this? Really show how deep the conditioning goes by those pulling the strings.