Malcolm-Jamal Warner: “I Stopped Listening to J Cole Because Of His Usage Of “N*gga & B*tch!”

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Everybody ain't on that shyt. I despise the word (aside from my Kevin Hart meme) and never use it-- but I still listen to tons of music with it. Maybe that'll change as I age.

And I don't look at then any different unless they try to project themselves as "enlightened"-- dead giveaway :comeon: Cole has never been that guy

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
MJW went on tour with Dashill Smith performing Tribe songs(dope show btw.. go see it if you get a chance) He was editing himself while performing tribe lyrics live. I’m not surprised he would be on this. I’m not mad at it either. Rappers definitely limit themselves with all the excessive cussing and bad words usage.. People laugh but there’s a reason why Bust a move and songs like that still get mad play over lots of other rap songs.

Last edited:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I never said he didn't know them. I said he probably didn't bump them. he was 10 years old in 1980 so he grew up listening to a different style of rap. Too Short first music video came out when he was 1988 and he was 18. They had a ton of different styles of rap back then and east coast cats def loved their style of rap

Ain't no way Malcolm just ignored the Parental Advisory wave that took over Hip Hop in the late 80's early 90'. It was impossible to ignore that wave. I'm not buying it.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
He's taking issue with the gratuitous use of two words in rap "n*gga" and "b*tch".

And this NWA album was one of the hottest and most popular Hip Hop albums of 1991. The B word and the N word were gratuitously used all over this album. There was absolutly no way Malcolm didnt acknowledge this album.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
And this NWA album was one of the hottest and most popular Hip Hop albums of 1991. The B word and the N word were gratuitously used all over this album. There was absolutly no way Malcolm didnt acknowledge this album.

That's not the issue. The issue is damn near EVERY hip-hop (& far too many RnB) track uses 'n1gga/bytch' egregiously which gives non-Black people the idea it's okay and really shouldn't bother any Black people if they say it. It also gives them the impression that's how we communicate to one another regularly.​

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Cole became a flip flopper

He wanted to be Nas starting out and then the south starting taking off and then he wanted to jump back down on that shyt and then he wanted to start using nikka and bytch more even though he was already moving albums and had a following..
I gotta correct you on one small thing: the South was already taking off when J Cole came on to the scene but he sounded more like an East Coast rapper at the beginning of his career.