Malcolm-Jamal Warner: “I Stopped Listening to J Cole Because Of His Usage Of “N*gga & B*tch!”

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Sad part is this shouldn’t even be a wild take. But some dudes will take offense in get in their feelings. shyt really is cringe worthy and I honestly feel like I lose IQ points when I hear some of these songs.

Daps
MJW is from a different era so I'm not surprised he's against excessive foul language. Breh is from New York and grew up in the late 70s and 80s. He probably on some deep De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest type shyt. Anything made after 2010 in the mainstream is probably a no from him unless it's someone he really likes.

He finna be 54 this year...damn. Yeah I don't blame him.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Same thing that put me off to Nipsey…
Like, damn… this is just too much “nikka”.
Yeah, that's my gripe with his last stuff

Rap nikkas was parody level overuse :deadrose:

Which is a shame cause the last verse of blue laces 2 is an example of how vivid and expressive he could be

concise

Veteran
Daps
Stop it. We all knew who was who in the late 80s. Anyone with cable was familiar with Yo MTV raps and I personally remember Me So Horny being played on MTV in 89. When watching music videos, especially back then, whatever popped up on the TV is what you were 'bumping." Malcolm is older then me so if I saw Me So Horny on MTV then he did too. Malcolm saw that We Want Easy video by Easy E. Malcolm saw that High Rollers video by Ice T. If I saw it he saw it too.

He's from a time and region where many people didn't depend on Yo MTV Raps to follow rap.