Malcolm-Jamal Warner: “I Stopped Listening to J Cole Because Of His Usage Of “N*gga & B*tch!”

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude..Just stop. Hip Hop has been that way since the 90's. A greater portion of the hip hip albums in the 90's had a Parental Advisory sticker. And why do u think that is?

nikkaz with Attitudes was 87-88
Bytches Wit Problems was 1991
Roxanne Shante named her album "The B1tch Is Back" in 1992
"Bytches Aint shyt but hoes and tricks" was a very popular song in 1992/1993
Apache wanted a Gangster B1tch in 1993
2pac named his album Strictly For My Nikkaz" in 1993
Lil Kim had a hot song called Queen B1tch in 1996
Jay Z had a whole hit song called Aint No Nikka in 1996
Jay Z had a whole hit song called "Nikkas What, Nikka Who?" in 1998
Trina was the Baddest B1tch in 2000

Bottom line....Rappers have been over using the word "bytch" and "nikka" for over 3 decades. That's where the culture has been and it's been that way longer then it hasn't. The 80's was 1 decade compared to over 3 decades. The B word and the N word are part of the genre and that's just the way it is. Malcolm sounds out of touch with the genre. There is no defending Malcolms stance unless you are being unrealistic.

Would reducing the use of the words hurt your soul? How does this effect you so much to campaign up and down this thread? He did something to you? I'm just curious why this makes you so upset.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Wack lyrics all over that album. Great production but no one took them seriously anymore.

:patrice:
  • Ranked #1 in The Source'sTop 15 Albums of 1991 list in 1991[20]

Commercial performance[edit]​

The album debuted at number 2 on the US Billboard Top LPs chart.[23] It went on to top the Billboard 200, gaining 954,000 sales in its first week becoming the first album by a rap group to top the chart.[24]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/nikkaz4Life

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Would reducing the use of the words hurt your soul? How does this effect you so much to campaign up and down this thread? He did something to you? I'm just curious why this makes you so upset.

Don't know what u are talking about. I'm not upset at all. Reducing the use of those words in Hip Hop like u just suggested is unrealistic and none of these rappers are going to stop. There's nothing further to discuss.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:
  • Ranked #1 in The Source'sTop 15 Albums of 1991 list in 1991[20]

Commercial performance[edit]​

The album debuted at number 2 on the US Billboard Top LPs chart.[23] It went on to top the Billboard 200, gaining 954,000 sales in its first week becoming the first album by a rap group to top the chart.[24]

Were you alive back then dork? First NWA album was groundbreaking so of course the anticipating for the 2nd was high.

Everyone agreed they regressed lyrically, it was cringy back then but those beats are smoking hot.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Were you alive back then dork?

I was 13 years old when nikkaz4Life dropped and was ready to speak on what I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears but being that you are hurling unwarrented insults I will end this back and forth and will no longer respond to anything you have to say because you don't know how to have a civil discourse without using childish insults. Next time keep is civil. Peace.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know what u are talking about. I'm not upset at all. Reducing the use of those words in Hip Hop like u just suggested is unrealistic and none of these rappers are going to stop. There's nothing further to discuss.

:russ:

so are you saying that you won't make a FOURTEENTH reply to this post?

You plan to stop at THIRTEEN?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I was 13 years old when nikkaz4Life dropped and was ready to speak on what I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears but being that you are hurling unwarrented insults I will end this back and forth and will no longer respond to anything you have to say because you don't know how to have a civil discourse without using childish insults. Next time keep is civil. Peace.
:russ:

so are you saying that you won't make a FOURTEENTH reply to this post?

You plan to stop at THIRTEEN?

The numerology :ohhh:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ONE MORE POST TO FIFTEEN!!!!

Me calling you a "dork" bothers you, NWA talking about raping and killing women didn't !!!!!!

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I literally gave you a financial reason for why they should reduce the cursing in their music. Not even about morality.
The highest selling rap artist if this generation is Eminem and Drake both make every album profanity laced...Eminem may actually be one of the most profane artist of alltime actually, he killed his wife on a record.

And those facts serve as the foundational problem that you and the fraud ass nikka you love will continue to run into...you're trying to inject yourself into conversations that you have no moral or logical or factual authority over, just airhead babble about shyt you clearly don't have a grasp over. Please go find an actual lane that works for you my nikka bevause this ain't it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The highest selling rap artist if this generation is Eminem and Drake both make every album profanity laced...Eminem may actually be one of the most profane artist of alltime actually, he killed his wife on a record.

And those facts serve as the foundational problem that you and the fraud ass nikka you love will continue to run into...you're trying to inject yourself into conversations that you have no moral or logical or factual authority over, just airhead babble about shyt you clearly don't have a grasp over. Please go find an actual lane that works for you my nikka bevause this ain't it.
And yet small time one hit wonders continue to have their single records stay relevant over the years by newer and newer generations.
Only eminem record you'll hear 20 years from now is "Lose yourself" after all those successful albums. 1 classic song. It also happens to be one of his only records with no profanity hmm coincidence? :jbhmm:
Meanwhile Somebody like Coolio only had 1 classic song, and it gets more play today, than any profane record from its era. Gangsters paradise.
Young MC another one hit wonder whose song "bust a move" will get more play 20 years from now most profane songs from its era.

Eminem was literally the worst example you could use, because his most successful song is the one without cursing. :mjlol:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Dude..Just stop. Hip Hop has been that way since the 90's. A greater portion of the hip hip albums in the 90's had a Parental Advisory sticker. And why do u think that is?

nikkaz with Attitudes was 87-88
Bytches Wit Problems was 1991
Roxanne Shante named her album "The B1tch Is Back" in 1992
"Bytches Aint shyt but hoes and tricks" was a very popular song in 1992/1993
Apache wanted a Gangster B1tch in 1993
2pac named his album Strictly For My Nikkaz" in 1993
Lil Kim had a hot song called Queen B1tch in 1996
Jay Z had a whole hit song called Aint No Nikka in 1996
Jay Z had a whole hit song called "Nikkas What, Nikka Who?" in 1998
Trina was the Baddest B1tch in 2000

Bottom line....Rappers have been over using the word "bytch" and "nikka" for over 3 decades. That's where the culture has been and it's been that way longer then it hasn't. The 80's was 1 decade compared to over 3 decades. The B word and the N word are part of the genre and that's just the way it is. Malcolm sounds out of touch with the genre. There is no defending Malcolms stance unless you are being unrealistic.
Again he didn’t say stop completely. He said the words are overused which I agree with. I don’t even care if they use the words or not, I’m just saying Malcolm ain’t 100% off with what he’s saying. Again there’s mad hypocrites in hiphop so it’s whatever with that.