Making 100k a year - What's it like?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to hop out of this convo because I can see where it's headed. Straight down to haterville. When in reality it should be used as inspiration and a chance for people to share how they got there.

I'll leave with these parting words:

- In most major cities (like my Boston) 100k ain't shyt.

- 100k is not enough to make you happy or have you living a stress free life. When your standard of living rises it all equals out. Shoot for $250k. That's where stress free living resides.

- Anyone who can make a post on The-Coli is more than able to make money online with affiliate marketing if you're willing to put in 8+ hours a day initially.

- If you don't think 100k is ever in your future than just shoot yourself now. With that kind of mentality you're not going anywhere in life.

:ooh: You got any links/literature on this?

I'm a college student and most of the time I spend at my job is dikking around on here. Wassup? :shaq:

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its hard-earned and had to get a masters to get it. I plead to people be motivated and get as many side-hustles(city/state certification) and you will be straight.

Dr. Fauci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hint to posters on the-coli reading this thread

1. All these girls on here...they are really dudes. Keep your dikk pics on ure hard-drive

2. If people say they make 100K, and post on the coli = They work below 30 hours a week at Kohls

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That shyt will fukk you royally. I didn't realize how much lunches and dinners were costing me until I sat down and looked a lot of that. I was like :huhldup:

I plan on reallocating more towards savings this coming year. Never really fukked w/ Mint, but I think I'm going to give a shot.
I hopped on mint earlier this year, I know how to allocate my savings/investments up front, but past that I'm swipe happy. Mint definitely made me have a :whoa: moment

mo money, mo problems

Money is the problem? :usure:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
In order to find property that cheap, you're going to have to be property searching full time, even if only to beat the many real-estate agents who search for cheap property to flip as their full-time profession.

Have you even done any research breh? nikkas like you make me laugh :pachaha:

Atlanta - 50k
2789 Harlan Dr Atlanta GA - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #3266875 - Realtor.com®

AMAZING TURN-KEY OPPORTUNITY! UPGRADED & RENOVATED AND READY FOR YOU TO MAKE AN INSANE R0I. CURRENTLY RENTED OUT AT A TOTAL OF $1,200 A MONTH! THIS ONE WILL GO

There's tons of property's like this all over the country.

Here's one I saw in Detroit today for 75k

1396 N Cadillac S Blvd Detroit MI - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #212084341 - Realtor.com®

Complex features: Gross Income is 57600, Monthly Rent Income is 4800, Net Operating Income is 50000, 8 One Bedroom Unit(s), 4 Unit(s) Occupied

But your right breh, it's impossible to find deals like this :mjpls:

Depends on what you want to do. That book is basically a motivational speech with very little information on how to meet the goals it claims you can meet. It says shyt like be a winner, or make your money work for you. Yeah that's great but how does that help me? Not directing this to you but these books just make people go out and do stupid shyt with money they don't have. You'd be better off figuring out what you want to do and going to the library/online to research it.

This nikka in here saying don't read any books Rich Dad Poor Dad because it offers no real info. I ask this nikka what books would he recommend and he again says, don't read books like Rich Dad Poor Dad :heh:

I'm starting to think maybe this nikka may not know how to read :ohhh:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Nah brag, I forgot to mention that I live in Ontario,Canada. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I'm sure it does seeing as how our housing market isn't as bad as it is in the south. eiher way if you find the rare property here that's dirt cheap, it's usually for good reason.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Not even close to where I want to be finacially, I have been doing well with putting away 10% of each check into a savings that I don't touch..Hopefully I can knock out a Debt with a Tax refund check.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Nah brag, I forgot to mention that I live in Ontario,Canada. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I'm sure it does cause finding the rare house that's dirt cheap, is usually for good reason.

Ain't know you was in Canada breh. The US got hit HARD by the 08 recession. House prices dropped by 60-70% in some areas. A lot of houses got foreclosed on, a lot of people doing short sales, and there's so much inventory that these houses are just sitting there waiting to get picked up. Times like these are the best times to invest.

We won't see houses this cheap and interest rates this low for probably a good 20-30 years.

I'm really gonna start copping units in Detroit man. I know the city is gonna turn around eventually, and when it does :ohlawd:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Ain't know you was in Canada breh. The US got hit HARD by the 08 recession. House prices dropped by 60-70% in some areas. A lot of houses got foreclosed on, a lot of people doing short sales, and there's so much inventory that these houses are just sitting there waiting to get picked up. Times like these are the best times to invest.

We won't see houses this cheap and interest rates this low for probably a good 20-30 years.

I'm really gonna start copping units in Detroit man. I know the city is gonna turn around eventually, and when it does :ohlawd:

Do you think Detroit is going to turn around in our lifetime?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I think so, and I have absolutely no clue to back it up outside of my gut :manny:

I don't see how it will ever really turn around to be honest, I've thought of buying some property there and sitting on it, or buying a house and renting it out. But, I always come back to how long is it going to take, and what exactly could they do there to really get the ball rolling. I always draw a blank when I try to envision what they can do.

Daps
I always hate when people say 100k "ain't shyt" in certain locales. Even in NYC there's plenty of folks making less than that and getting by. While the lifestyle you could live would be dramatically different than the lifestyle you'd live in Houston making 100k, I don't think it's accurate to say it ain't shyt. It just ain't the windfall that those making less tend to think it is.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I always hate when people say 100k "ain't shyt" in certain locales. Even in NYC there's plenty of folks making less than that and getting by. While the lifestyle you could live would be dramatically different than the lifestyle you'd live in Houston making 100k, I don't think it's accurate to say it ain't shyt. It just ain't the windfall that those making less tend to think it is.
I live in NYC and make less than 100k but live well, not great, 100k is going to be possible on 2013, i put in the hours and once i get my Lighting certification it will be good days, this is a green field that needs jobs in the worse way, the transit department has a position starting at 98k plus benefits and overtime or i go the consulting route and make more but that is iffy, whites still don't like blacks shining in this field. Look to the green energy field for the money, newer technology for that 100k, now if you working retail or security, go to the bathroom, look in the mirror and say you can do better, i worked retail and my co-workers hated that i wanted to better myself, i ignored them just like you should.