Making 100k a year - What's it like?

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Life reverse Psychologied me

I went from making 130-160k a year (more than half of it was cash) and barely doing 10-20 hours a week to making 50K a year pulling 9 to 5s 5 days a week. At least I fully paid my 55k car, so I ain't got no car payment and my condo is half paid for. Still the luxury of living took a hit, went from eating like a king daily (and by daily I mean eating twice a day lunch and a 25-75$ dinner) to going to Subways or McDonald for lunch...during my lunch break.

At least I still got my fancy car, my fancy clothes and my fancy shoes and the things that took a hit were dining out, vacations and impulsive buys for the hell of it.

I would pimp innocent girls to get back to that lifestyle

:sadcam:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps

I went from making 130-160k a year (more than half of it was cash) and barely doing 10-20 hours a week to making 50K a year pulling 9 to 5s 5 days a week. At least I fully paid my 55k car, so I ain't got no car payment and my condo is half paid for. Still the luxury of living took a hit, went from eating like a king daily (and by daily I mean eating twice a day lunch and a 25-75$ dinner) to going to Subways or McDonald for lunch...during my lunch break.

At least I still got my fancy car, my fancy clothes and my fancy shoes and the things that took a hit were dining out, vacations and impulsive buys for the hell of it.

What were doing till you became :50cent:

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps

That shyt will fukk you royally. I didn't realize how much lunches and dinners were costing me until I sat down and looked a lot of that. I was like :huhldup:

I plan on reallocating more towards savings this coming year. Never really fukked w/ Mint, but I think I'm going to give a shot.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
getting close...

made 73k this year with one more paycheck to go..

should get a nifty raise when i get my ccnp voice.. then 2-3 years from now.. should hit the 100k

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
My cousin is 87k and he's fukking living it up. This nikka condo made me re-think my whole life :wow:. He leaves for work on Thursday but dont come back until sunday, he spends most of his time off partying in NYC with his co-workers and clients.

Reckless

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man 90% of the work I do is for our energy group. I have seriously considered making that move to Houston. The dudes in that office live like kings. NY salary, but TX cost of living.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not all it's hyped up to be. I'd say the sweet spot is $250k.

At $100k you're more than likely going to raise your cost of living in other areas. You're not going to be driving the same car that you would be at $40k. Your house/condo/apartment's going to be a little nicer. And you're going to be a little bit more free with your money.

So if you're making $100k with a $40k mentality, it's nice. But if you're making $100k and living like you're making $100k you're not going to see any difference. I'm in the latter.

Like I said....$250k + is where it's at. And I couldn't comment on what it's like to make that much. Not yet anyway.

This.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Reading the book doesn't automatically give you a investment portfolio, most of the men who read the book won't go out and get an investment portfolio. You seem like a responsible guy, I'm willing to bet you'd have one with or without reading the book.

With that said no I don't have one. I don't have the extra money as of right now, but I don't need a book to tell me that I should work forwards getting one.

Reading books like Rich Dad Poor Dad is the reason why I went out and started investing. Without it I would have done what most people do, work buy shyt, work more, buy more shyt.

:leon: how long DID you go to school for IT? You like it? Is it as open a job field as I hear?

I went to school for 5 years (1 year was required internship). I learned absolutely nothing from school and it was a waste of damn money. If I could do it again I would have taken that money and tricked it off at the strip club. IT is wide open, but you have to enjoy it. I love it personally. I can do it for the rest of my life.

@bdizzle in rare form today :leon:

I'm just havin fun ouchea :jawalrus:

That shyt will fukk you royally. I didn't realize how much lunches and dinners were costing me until I sat down and looked a lot of that. I was like :huhldup:

I plan on reallocating more towards savings this coming year. Never really fukked w/ Mint, but I think I'm going to give a shot.

A few years back I looked through my finances and realized I was spending $500 on fast food :to:

That shyt hurt breh

Last edited by a moderator:

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What were doing till you became :50cent:

Was a partner for a telemarketing company that did refinances, from 2006 to 2011 then the US goverment and banking regulations started making things way too hard, sold my 40% share to a friend, I thought I was leaving before shyt hits the fan but it's still rolling, Lost on a 50/50 gamble.

Company is still rolling though, staff were relocated overseas and expenses such as salaries and rent is at 20% of what it was here, that's what's saved it, not as profitable as the late 2000's but still each is making around a 120k easy now.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reading books like Rich Dad Poor Dad is the reason why I went out and started investing. Without it I would have done what most people do, work buy shyt, work more, buy more shyt.

I went to school for 5 years (1 year was required internship). I learned absolutely nothing from school and it was a waste of damn money. If I could do it again I would have taken that money and tricked it off at the strip club. IT is wide open, but you have to enjoy it. I love it personally. I can do it for the rest of my life.

I'm just havin fun ouchea :jawalrus:

A few years back I looked through my finances and realized I was spending $500 on fast food :to:

That shyt hurt breh

What type of income generating investments are you putting your money into or recommend?