Baltimore -14.5%
Cleveland -14.9%
Detroit -15.9%
Charleston -16.2%
St Louis -17.4%

Miami -25.5%
Oakland -29.3%
:skip:@Miami -25.5 %

I had no idea that the population of black people had decreased so tremendously at my hometown. :huhldup:

Supper

All Star
Daps
@Son_Of_God

Man, I'm surprised to find out Charelston is only a quarter black. I thought it was %60+ black on some New Orleans shyt.

Edit: Turns out Charleston use to be %50.8 black in 1960.

Remember what we was talking about here?

Look now.............:mjcry:

Supper

All Star
Daps
I’ve been to Charleston before. It was very white but at the same time the black culture stood out a lot.

Also a lot of their transplants are white. South Carolina similar to Tennessee attracts a lot of the white folks leaving up north.

*Geechi-LAND* man.................:snoop:

Enough to make ya cry.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
:rudy:Foh im focused on not giving a fukk, what i look like trying to sell my city to a nikka on the internet. Besides that you keep the next city dikk in yo mouf look at your username

It’s not your city. Your city has one of the worst population declines in American history. Your problems are much bigger than my username lol

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Funny how size (land area) of a city changes things, LA has more black people than DC but DC feels like a much blacker city
Yep and another reason why I prefer MSA over city for population stats.

Also, I looked at the new stats as well and was quite shocked how much Blacker Broward County is compared to Dade. If you were to tell me in 2000 that in 20 years that Broward would have a larger Black population than Miami-Dade, I would have thought you were crazy. I told my family in Miami and they were amazed by this.

Supper

All Star
Daps
Interesting extras to note:

Asians have overtaken Blk Folk, Whites and Latinos in Jersey City NJ and now have become the plurarity of the city all within a decade. Blk Folk are now the smallest "race" in population there not counting Pacific Islanders, Natives, and mixed folk.

Asians have overtaken Blk Folk in Long Beach CA. Blk Folk now the smallest "race" there not counting the aforementioned.

Asians have overtaken Blk Folk in Austin TX. Blk Folk now the smallest "race" there not counting the aforementioned.

Last edited:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Interesting extras to note:

Asians have overtaken Blk Folk, Whites and Latinos in Jersey City NJ and now have become the plurarity of the city all within a decade. Blk Folk are now the smallest "race" in population there not counting Pacific Islanders, Natives, and mixed folk.

Asians have overtaken Blk Folk in Long Beach CA. Blk Folk now the smallest "race" there not counting the aforementioned.

Asians have overtaken Blk Folk in Austin TX. Blk Folk now the smallest "race" there not counting the aforementioned.
They get married and have children:yeshrug:

Now, it's easier for them because they make the most money, but we definitely are gonna suffer behind that "get married, brehs" mentality:francis:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

Now, it's easier for them because they make the most money, but we definitely are gonna suffer behind that "get married, brehs" mentality:francis:
There's a huge "Get Married Brehettes" movement that no is talking about. It takes two to tango.

Supper

All Star
Daps

I'd swap marriage for "long term pair bonding". I can understand why brehs might be apprehensive of marriage in this climate. The issues surrounding that need to be be addressed as well.

Then there's issues like how to maintain long lasting healthy relationships that are immersed in our culture.

For black american men specifically I think there's beneficial aspects of courtship, romance and sensuality(ie baby making) that are already part of our culture that have yet to be fully explored. I think we should embrace them fully as a culture.

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'd swap marriage for "long term pair bonding". I can understand why brehs might be apprehensive of marriage in this climate. The issues surrounding that need to be be addressed as well.

Then there's issues like how to maintain long lasting healthy relationships that are immersed in our culture.

For black american men specifically I think there's beneficial aspects of courtship, romance and sensuality(ie baby making) that are already part of our culture that have yet to be fully explored. I think we should embrace them fully as a culture.
Black Men where the most married group of Men at the beginning of the 20th century. If pair bonding or marriage isn't happening it's not really because of GMB