Major City Black Population +/-, per 2020 Census

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I don't disagree with your overall point but the area I outlined, the black population isn't dispersed. It's a couple hundred thousand black folk in a compact area roughly the geography of DC. It is NOT hard to find black events or become connected to the Black Angeleno experience if you are in stated region...

California, and other western states by extension, are missing the stronger and more extensive black cultural experience simply by proxy of the United States being settled from east to west. While we know California had a role in slavery, it was neither a slave state nor along the slave routes. Cali is also on the opposite coast from the Caribbean where black folks were also enslaved and eventually emigrated from, and when they came here we all know they don't start with California, they hit the coast that's closer to them...

California's fragmented black community isn't a Black California creation, and I think to too many people Black Californians are somehow responsible for not having an equivalent range of depth and diversity in the black experience that you find from Texas and points east of there. It's a stupid and silly notion that is easy to poke holes in, and it's commendable that California established the strength of black culture it does have given its geography and the history of other people in Cali territory both before and after the introduction of African descendants...

Anyone looking for an Eastern experience is missing the mark, though I do feel like elements of a solid black experience are found throughout the state...

This is similar to when I lived in LA, I never saw white people. Everyone was black or Mexican, and at the time I lived and went to school in South Central, it was much blacker than it is now...

Lol bruh, Miami's black decline has been noted for years, I've never been but I heard about it probably close to a decade ago. It's long turned into a rich man's playground for foreigners, black native Miamians been fleeing...

DC's hoods were monoracial no cacs or mexicacs. In the "hoods" with single family homes there wasn't even that many chinese food spots those were in strip malls in PG county.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I don't disagree with your overall point but the area I outlined, the black population isn't dispersed. It's a couple hundred thousand black folk in a compact area roughly the geography of DC. It is NOT hard to find black events or become connected to the Black Angeleno experience if you are in stated region...

California, and other western states by extension, are missing the stronger and more extensive black cultural experience simply by proxy of the United States being settled from east to west. While we know California had a role in slavery, it was neither a slave state nor along the slave routes. Cali is also on the opposite coast from the Caribbean where black folks were also enslaved and eventually emigrated from, and when they came here we all know they don't start with California, they hit the coast that's closer to them...

California's fragmented black community isn't a Black California creation, and I think to too many people Black Californians are somehow responsible for not having an equivalent range of depth and diversity in the black experience that you find from Texas and points east of there. It's a stupid and silly notion that is easy to poke holes in, and it's commendable that California established the strength of black culture it does have given its geography and the history of other people in Cali territory both before and after the introduction of African descendants...

Anyone looking for an Eastern experience is missing the mark, though I do feel like elements of a solid black experience are found throughout the state...

This is similar to when I lived in LA, I never saw white people. Everyone was black or Mexican, and at the time I lived and went to school in South Central, it was much blacker than it is now...

Lol bruh, Miami's black decline has been noted for years, I've never been but I heard about it probably close to a decade ago. It's long turned into a rich man's playground for foreigners, black native Miamians been fleeing...
But here’s the thing, I thought the black foreign population influx in Miami would keep the “black” population afloat. But I guess black immigrants are moving straight to Broward and Palm Beach counties and skipping Dade. I knew many ados were fleeing Dade county, but to see the black population that low is surprising even with the black foreigners. That just goes to show that many black
Foreigners in Miami are poor as well.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Ive always hated hot weather but this is my first time in desert heat (non humid) heat and while it’s hot. I feel like I sweat more in NY with the traveling and public transportation. With that being said, I’m thinking about maybe Phoenix or Baltimore now

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
If black immigrants stopped going to these schools, do you really think ADOS numbers in those places would go up or do you think they would just be replaced with more white and Asian people?:comeon:

Go up, affirmative action should be lineage based not race based.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think those posters are so focused on the high black percentage that they forgot Detroit has one of the worst population declines in the country for the past several decades and black people are leaving there just as much as other cities.

Detroit will always be the blackest city until it gentrifies because the vast majority of other races haven’t found an interest in moving there YET.

but once it does get that Cali, NYC, DC level gentrification you will see cacs and Asians moving there at a faster rate than black folks
:rudy:Foh im focused on not giving a fukk, what i look like trying to sell my city to a nikka on the internet. Besides that you keep the next city dikk in yo mouf look at your username

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
Go up, affirmative action should be lineage based not race based.
I doubt it goes up because ADOS students aren't even trying to get into these programs like that. ADOS people dream of going to schools like Howard, Hampton and Spelhouse. Top PWIs have to compete with HBCUs for top ADOS students. African and Carribean students don't have that same allegiance to HBCUs so that's why you'll see more of them in these PWI programs.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
The same nikkaz talking about "get married, brehs" are the same ones lamenting the Black community's population either staying stagnant or going down all over the country:gucci:

Guess what Hispanics are doing?:ohhh:

Getting married and having kids, brehs:francis:

Guess what Asians are doing?:ohhh:

Guess what Black immigrants are doing?:ohhh:

What are ADOS doing?:ehh:

Not getting married & either having kids out of wedlock OR just not having kids at all because nikkaz don't want the "headache" of a "baby mama":wow:

Once nikkaz realize that you can't be pro-ADOS and anti-marriage & children, the better off we'll all be:yeshrug:

Now, which one of y'all nikkaz got a sister or daughter I can nut in?:stopitslime:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Ive always hated hot weather but this is my first time in desert heat (non humid) heat and while it’s hot. I feel like I sweat more in NY with the traveling and public transportation. With that being said, I’m thinking about maybe Phoenix or Baltimore now
man we do not need anymore mfs, please take yourself to Baltimore. or stay in NY

we don't need anymore people in Phoenix:whoa: