hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

damnnnnn that was quick
u took the words outta my mouth

dap + rep
I was gonna ignore that but fukk it Jay Z also lost 92 bricks in a rap line im talking about real life lol not a rap lyric. Not to mention I remember him saying plus im having a child during that time period lol and then when someone asked him about it on mtv diary he acted like they was crazy.

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
its more to this magic wanna do more and at that job you cant do shyt trying to mentor young players and watch film magic aint doing all of that. He brought the buxx back LeBron is there they got cap space now so you can get a real full time gm

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I was gonna ignore that but fukk it Jay Z also lost 92 bricks in a rap line im talking about real life lol not a rap lyric. Not to mention I remember him saying plus im having a child during that time period lol and then when someone asked him about it on mtv diary he acted like they was crazy.
At the time MJ came back everybody assumed it was just to raise the value of the Wizards. It was assumed he had a handshake deal to give up his partial ownership, unretire and raise the value, then when he retired again he'd get that piece of the team right back. There was all kinds of articles about the Wizards owner backstabbing MJ when he finally retired for good and didn't let MJ get back his piece of the team.

Basically at the time under the rules MJ had to give up his share of the team but everybody just assumed he gave up his share on paper but it was still his.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
July 43824th, the month that never ends, baby.
naCPYNb.png

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

so u saying he wasn't the wiz minority owner before coming back to the NBA ?

nobody has said this

you should go read up on how the Wizards owner backstabbed MJ after he retired playing from the Wizards. He lost his minority ownership sale (that he HAD to give up when he started playing) and he also got fired from his position as team president

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Low key that was really fukked up on Magic's part. He could've easily stepped down this morning instead of last night
Exactly. But the Masters will be on and all the ESPN debate shows like Pardon The Interruption and Around The Horn will be off the air for the rest of the week. That means no attention on him until next Monday which isn't the Showtime thing to do.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
SAS wasn't guessing he talks to Magic.....Jeanie was thinking that Magic leaked that story

I still dont believe Jeanie hired Magic just to meddle with the draft pick when she had never done that before. SAS was the only person to report it as well, if it was true one of the Laker insiders would've been able to confirm it.

Magic probably leaked it to save face.....it's looking like he had disagreements with both Jeanie and Rob so he probably was like fukk both of em at that point
I don't know.. And I'm not doubting you. I honestly don't know

SAS is very careful with his words. He'll usually say "I'm hearing" or "I've heard" or "People are saying" when he's leaking shyt. He'll drop a name if he says "I'm reporting"...

But for him to go out and say "I do not know this. I did not speak to anyone about this. I just know Magic wouldn't pick Ball, with as much as he knows about basketball........." Just doesn't seem like he'd do that. Especially when he's spoken on Magic and the Lakers many times over the years, and never hesitates to say those other quotes, when leaking shyt. Even with Bron and Jeannie. He'll flat out say if SOMEONE said something or he's guessing. He just leaves out who

But who knows. Regardless. I cannot imagine that Magic would fall for that Lonzo Ball hype bullshyt. Not a soul said he was a true #2 talent except his pops

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Lebron is giving these fools the last few years of his career :snoop:

What a colossal mistake.
Should have came to Philly.... Bron, Embiid, Simmons would have been legendary with or without the Jimmy and Harris trades.. Which still could have been made. Weak east. Gonna be even weaker next year when everyone jumps ship. Would have hit 4 more finals and maybe some rings when the Warriors break up next

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At the time MJ came back everybody assumed it was just to raise the value of the Wizards. It was assumed he had a handshake deal to give up his partial ownership, unretire and raise the value, then when he retired again he'd get that piece of the team right back. There was all kinds of articles about the Wizards owner backstabbing MJ when he finally retired for good and didn't let MJ get back his piece of the team.

Basically at the time under the rules MJ had to give up his share of the team but everybody just assumed he gave up his share on paper but it was still his.
Yes everyone assumed the job and the ownership stake would be waiting for him no one is disputing that part lol but that was not the case he gave it up both on paper and reality they basically used him to sale out every home game and as you said raise the teams value then when they was done with him he got thrown in the bushes.