Magic Johnson Steps Down as President of Basketball Operations of the Lakers

Daps
Reppin
NULL
magic a hundred millionaire about to be 60, if ever there were a poster child for "ok to quit if the shyt is too hard/stressful", it's him. at 60, aint nobody trying to deal with bullshyt the pushes beyond their limits, shyt, a good chunk of people half his age aren't

Jerry West is 80.... Popovich is 70

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Jerry West is 80.... Popovich is 70
what does that have to do with dealing with bullshyt that goes beyond what you want to deal with? pop is clearly still interested in the challenge of his role. if jerry west had to deal with shyt the pushed past his limits of patience, he'd be out, but he clearly enjoys building orgs...magic doesn't. folks hitting for 60 and up have every right to bounce on shyt that they simply don't feel like dealing with, enjoy the twilight of your life

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:hubie:

i'm just saying NOBODY with common sense believed he gave up his minority ownership to play with the wizards
especially when David Stern allowed him to run the entire front office as a player
You are the only person I've ever seen believe this ever in life lol. Never even seen this bullshyt on the internet before.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
what does that have to do with dealing with bullshyt that goes beyond what you want to deal with? pop is clearly still interested in the challenge of his role. if jerry west had to deal with shyt the pushed past his limits of patience, he'd be out, but he clearly enjoys building orgs...magic doesn't. folks hitting for 60 and up have every right to bounce on shyt that they simply don't feel like dealing with, enjoy the twilight of your life

Magic was never interested in the job... Magic was only interested in being the man/famous again..... and 60 isn't your twilight years

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Magic was never interested in the job... Magic was only interested in being the man/famous again..... and 60 isn't your twilight years
at 60, you really don't know what you got left...2-30 years are all common (2-15 for black folks :manny: )...60 is very much an age where people can decide to say fukk it and i aint pressing them

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
This press conference was the epitome of uncut raw fukkery :mjlol:

The shyt looked like a Chapelle sketch without a laugh track:russ:

But on the real, this was a real nikka move if I ever seen one.

It's like Magic forgot who he was and came to his senses like "Man WTF am I doing here?":gucci:

"I don't need a job, I'm Magic Johnson".:ohhh::mjlit::whew:
"Baby I'm coming home, have on something sexy when Daddy pull up " :steviej:

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
magic a hundred millionaire about to be 60, if ever there were a poster child for "ok to quit if the shyt is too hard/stressful", it's him. at 60, aint nobody trying to deal with bullshyt the pushes beyond their limits, shyt, a good chunk of people half his age aren't

i understand getting out the kitchen if it's too hot, but i would expect magic to do it with a little more grace. this isn't some bs team he just got involved with. dude is one of, if not THE, greatest laker ever. at least wait till the offseason and try not to make a scene about it.

that said it does seem like some fukkery was going on behind the scenes. earlier in the day i saw an article about him being an absentee exec. next thing you know he quit. seems like there could be more to it than we might know right now.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
no he wasnt, hence why we went out and bought a fukking team after the fact

you clearly dont know what went down between Jordan & the Wizards owner (Abe Pollin)

:snoop:

so u saying he wasn't the wiz minority owner before coming back to the NBA ?

and

it only made perfect sense for him to get with a franchise that was located in the state he was raised & went to college in.... PLUS that majority owner at the time was an older brother whom was on the verge of selling his majority stakes

:snoop:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder what is in this ESPN article about Magic they are alluding to? :lupe:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
You are the only person I've ever seen believe this ever in life lol. Never even seen this bullshyt on the internet before.

1efE.gif