Magic Johnson Steps Down as President of Basketball Operations of the Lakers

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Michael Jordan was part-owner and President of Basketball Operations when he joined the Wizards in 2000.

But when he returned to play, he couldn't be part owner but was still running the team day to day.

but u know, i know & everybody with common sense knows - that was all a front for technical reasons : he still was a minority owner while he played

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
you would think somebody died the way they acting on first take they taking this a tad bit too seriously :heh:
Lakers future just died.. And Lebron stuck there for 3 more years. Nobody has any idea what they're about to do with this team. Rob P is hated. They have nobody above him. It's about to be the offseason. Coach problems. Roster issues. And they need to convince two max players to join this shyt show

This hire better be off the charts if they plan on doing a damn thing

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Apparently Pelinka would show up to the training facility saying slick shyt like "Anyone seen Magic today? :mjgrin: " knowing Magic wasn't there and shyt. And plenty of other shyt too. Something happened for him to just bounce like that. I ain't buying it.
yeah i just heard two podcasts...

i believe 2 things right now..

1-he was trying to fire luke but realized he was powerless
2-him and rob beefing.

definitely a pissed off move..

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
yeah i just heard two podcasts...

i believe 2 things right now..

1-he was trying to fire luke but realized he was powerless
2-him and rob beefing.

definitely a pissed off move..
In the press conference they kept lobbing him softballs to say Pelinka should stay. His responses were :russ:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I heard from dude I smoke cigars with that grew up with DeAaron Foxx family that Magic called them and said he want Foxx but the team wanted Ball. smh
SAS said the same thing... Jeanie went on record saying when she heard that, she questioned who in her camp was talking to SAS... basically told on herself cause SAS said he was just guessing

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
SAS said the same thing... Jeanie went on record saying when she heard that, she questioned who in her camp was talking to SAS... basically told on herself cause SAS said he was just guessing

SAS wasn't guessing he talks to Magic.....Jeanie was thinking that Magic leaked that story

I still dont believe Jeanie hired Magic just to meddle with the draft pick when she had never done that before. SAS was the only person to report it as well, if it was true one of the Laker insiders would've been able to confirm it.

Magic probably leaked it to save face.....it's looking like he had disagreements with both Jeanie and Rob so he probably was like fukk both of em at that point

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

are u that naive ???
Enlighten me about my naivety.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
but u know, i know & everybody with common sense knows - that was all a front for technical reasons : he still was a minority owner while he played
no he wasnt, hence why we went out and bought a fukking team after the fact

you clearly dont know what went down between Jordan & the Wizards owner (Abe Pollin)

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No he wasn't minority owner the nba doesn't allow this type of conflict of interest lol. Jay Z had to sale his shares of the nets when roc nation started managing nba players same exact set of rules.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no he wasnt, hence why we went out and bought a fukking team after the fact

you clearly dont know what went down between Jordan & the Wizards owner (Abe Pollin)
Yep I remember this don't know what dude is talking about. The day after jordan retired in his last game against the 6ers next day dude pulled up in the Porsche thinking he would be rehired and it didn't happen. Jordan's stint with the wiz as a player clearly was not financially motivated on his side. As for Abe Pollin he played mj for money.