Magic Johnson Steps Down as President of Basketball Operations of the Lakers

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
First take and undisputed just got their A block content for the rest of the week. I know they happy ass fukk
I've said it once and I'll say it again....

LeBron to LA is the biggest stimulus to sports journalism. Everything remotely related to LBJ in LA is fukking story.

The signs were on the wall when the BlazeePizza incident started.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:mjcry:

nah homie
Lebron is WAY worst - at least Jordan owned part of the team & was making 40 million a year with zero expectations
Jordan didnt own the team when he started playing again that is against nba rules lol.
Michael Jordan was part-owner and President of Basketball Operations when he joined the Wizards in 2000.

But when he returned to play, he couldn't be part owner but was still running the team day to day.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I learned a life lesson from this. Magic Johnson is the prime example of what people mean when they say a person is over qualified for a position...That dude literally quit once the job gave him a little stress...He's worth far too damn much to be stressing about a job...

The Lakers are almost obligated to fire Pelinka if he is as hard to work with and other GMs free him out like that...They may need to consider starting over. Bringing in an actual Team President who needs the job and values it and a GM who

Magic has dealt with SUBSTANTIALLY worse than this shyt breh and has been a great businessman since retirement. "Stress" wasn't the issue. Outside of Jeanie, it looks like a lot of slick shyt has been going on in the front office. And I think it starts with Pelinka stankin' ass. Now Magic's moves as PBO are definitely :snoop: . However, him letting go of dudes like DLO, Julius to free up the cap space to sign max players isn't something I'm overly critical of him on. Mozgov and Deng's contracts were horrible. But the Zubac shyt I'm definitely furious with.

He didn't pick Pelinka as GM or Luke as his head coach. And for him to quit LIKE THAT??? Nah, something is up. I definitely feel that he wanted to throw Luke/Rob in the bushes and was told No. And with all the alleged scheming/backstabbing going on, that was the last straw for him. It is fukkin ridiculous that you can't even mention a player's name to congratulate them and shyt but a lot of that has to do with the fact that he's fukkin Magic Johnson. No one would bring tampering charges against some unknown name GM. He got tired of the petty shyt too.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
man i just started listening and dude is crying... fukk is going on?

what's with the backstabbing talk?????

Apparently Pelinka would show up to the training facility saying slick shyt like "Anyone seen Magic today? :mjgrin: " knowing Magic wasn't there and shyt. And plenty of other shyt too. Something happened for him to just bounce like that. I ain't buying it.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Jordan didnt own the team when he started playing again that is against nba rules lol.

giphy.gif

are u that naive ???