Mad Men: Season 7 (Part 1) 'The Beginning' - April 13th

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the low, Don has been there for pretty much everyone!

He told Joan not to fukk that dude for the contract, he turned up to the bedside when peggy had the abortion (and he didnt tell anyone else about that situation either), He was there when Roger had his heartache after banging that chick in the offices, Kept it a secret when found out that dude from season 1 or 2 was gay..dude has secrets but he keeps other peoples secrets too.
He also told Jaguar to fukk off without informing anyone right before the company was to go public, losing people a bunch of money.

Peggy didn't have an abortion, Don convinced her to give the b*stard up.

He found out dude was gay but went off on him because he didn't fukk the gay dude from Lucky Strike, last time we saw Sal, dude was about to go in a forest with a bunch of gay people.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I hate to be THAT GUY, but does anyone else feel like this show has done way more to show the plight of homosexuals than the plight of African Americans. Aside from the little jab Dawn and the other black girl said amongst each other about their coworkers getting each other confused, all of the black centric drama was portrayed in the perspective of their white peers. It felt like blackness was discussed on this show in how it made the white people feel about it.

They've done more for women as a marginalized group than any show I've ever seen.

Homosexuality after that but they've tried race and it comes off clunky. I think Weiner is afraid to touch it, which is a shame but understandable, shyt is tough, to say the least.

Daps
He also told Jaguar to fukk off without informing anyone right before the company was to go public, losing people a bunch of money.

He found out dude was gay but went off on him because he didn't fukk the gay dude from Lucky Strike, last time we saw Sal, dude was about to go in a forest with a bunch of gay people.

True. Her life wouldn't have been the same with the child and she knew it, she wanted to be top dog at the firm and that was the only option at that time! She knew Don was right.

Sal should have fukked dude from Lucky Strike, took one for the team Joan did :yeshrug:

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
True. Her life wouldn't have been the same with the child and she knew it, she wanted to be top dog at the firm and that was the only option at that time! She knew Don was right.

Sal should have fukked dude from Lucky Strike, took one for the team Joan did :yeshrug:
That was also a traumatic experience for Peggy. She was YOUNG and just found out the same day that she was gonna have a kid.
"I think I have a stomach problem"
"That's not a stomach, that's a BABY"
"What?"
Confusion sets in, and hours later she goes through one of the most physically painful experiences that a woman could go through.
She had to damn near turn herself crazy to keep herself from being too vulnerable to that sudden cluster of stressors. We've also learned how judgmental her family (specifically mother) is, so she was probably also tormented by what they would think too.

That whole situation did build the setup for my favorite scene in the show. When Don tells her that it never happened. Still amazing

Sal wasn't built to succeed like Joan. Joan is a STRONG character too, she has this ability to put up a huge defense around her psyche and just take it all in. If you remember, when her husband comes to work and rapes her (because he wants to take her power from her), she just stares at the wall at that picture of some other place and zones out. She also has this ability to construct a cascade of optimism around things that you know she's not happy about. Marriage, raising a (secret) child, becoming a partner, other goings on around the office. Sal could never do that, although, I would gladly welcome his return to the show.

Last edited:

BigSteve

All Star
Daps

Don loves to stoop to a certain level, and he loves when other people stoop to a certain level. He wanted Sal to stoop to that level where creatures like Don are comfortable operating, and Sal couldn't handle it, so Don got frustrated.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
Also, I was CONVINCED that Megan was about to get murdered when Don's hippie looking "niece" shows up out of nowhere (following the Megan Draper - Sharon Tate Theory). There was a party the same night. I was watching like :lupe:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
So it's a wrap for Don and Megan, they're both goin through the motions but they haven't been a couple for a minute.

One thing I've never liked about the series is the way it darts in and out of lives of the characters, sometimes it seems like they don't know what to focus on. Roger's daughter/ arc, no real conclusion with Joan.

I am interested to see how they will have people end up/ just fade into normalcy, Don is always hovering and existing without actual tethers to anyone/anything. Timeless and space less. No connection to his kids, hmm I guess Pete has become what Don was through and through as well.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
They've done more for women as a marginalized group than any show I've ever seen.

Homosexuality after that but they've tried race and it comes off clunky. I think Weiner is afraid to touch it, which is a shame but understandable, shyt is tough, to say the least.

I don't think it would be appropriate for the show's setting. Even as we're seeing the women progress, they're still in a class that's insulated from racial mixing and having to confront those kinds of realities. Probably the only person who could clearly be in a mixed neighborhood would be Peggy, and the bearded writer whose name escapes me ATM.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
So it's a wrap for Don and Megan, they're both goin through the motions but they haven't been a couple for a minute.

One thing I've never liked about the series is the way it darts in and out of lives of the characters, sometimes it seems like they don't know what to focus on. Roger's daughter/ arc, no real conclusion with Joan.

I am interested to see how they will have people end up/ just fade into normalcy, Don is always hovering and existing without actual tethers to anyone/anything. Timeless and space less. No connection to his kids, hmm I guess Pete has become what Don was through and through as well.
Just to continue with that thought..... I think they are all don

Peggy is the young don. Throwing her kid away for her career. But bright and will do anything to get to the top

Pete is just above that. Threw his fam away for the job. But it's still at a point where he still loves her and wants her to love him. The way he acted last EP was like don in the first few seasons

Roger is what don will become. Or even him now. Married or separated but smashing hoes, cruising through days. Drinking. Getting fukked up. With a daughter that hates him and he'd do anything to make her happy

And the KFC looking guy is future don. Old. Lonely. All he got is this job. Don't really do shyt or even speak of his family. Just sits around his office, admiring his stuff

BigSteve

All Star
Daps

Peggy is the young don. Throwing her kid away for her career. But bright and will do anything to get to the top

Pete is just above that. Threw his fam away for the job. But it's still at a point where he still loves her and wants her to love him. The way he acted last EP was like don in the first few seasons

Roger is what don will become. Or even him now. Married or separated but smashing hoes, cruising through days. Drinking. Getting fukked up. With a daughter that hates him and he'd do anything to make her happy

And the KFC looking guy is future don. Old. Lonely. All he got is this job. Don't really do shyt or even speak of his family. Just sits around his office, admiring his stuff
:gladbron::deadmanny:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La

Wow I really like that- they all have become so luster less.

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio

:ohhh:

:gladbron:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps

:laugh: Called my racist homie Colonel Sanders

god=nature=we'reFUCKED

Organize the non obvious
Daps
Reppin
HQ
Remember The KFC Cooper had his nuts damaged or removed, can't have kids and is impotent. In season 4 when Don is working late and finds Roger's biography recordings this is revealed.

Don would still be smashing middle aged woman by that age.:shaq: