Mad Men: Season 7 (Part 1) 'The Beginning' - April 13th

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:heh: @ Don reporting to Lou

He's a partner of the company, they might have said that's what he has to do, but ultimately, does it matter? All of the creative respect Don's input immensely more than Lou.

:banderas:

Show is so dope

:wow:

Daps

He's a partner of the company, they might have said that's what he has to do, but ultimately, does it matter? All of the creative respect Don's input immensely more than Lou.

Show is so dope

Yea that's such a weird dynamic....I can't wait to see that first creative meeting :pachaha:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Lou would be happy to know that 23 year old creatives in advertising are dressing like him 45 years later.
I keep waiting on Don's style to evolve a little... There is no difference between how he dressed in 1959 (when the show started) to 1969..He's starting to look a little crazy out in them NY streets with that tiny fedora..

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep waiting on Don's style to evolve a little... There is no difference between how he dressed in 1959 (when the show started) to 1969..He's starting to look a little crazy out in them NY streets with that tiny fedora..

He was wearing a brown suit to the meeting yesterday. I thought that was telling, part of the reason why I think he was shedding the Don Draper skin. Don would never be seen at work in anything but navy or grey.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Show is so dope

Well it does mean that Lou can say yes or no to his ideas. All of the creatives respect Peggy's input and ideas more than Lou's but that doesn't mean they ever get to leave creative. I think that will be the main conflict for the next episode or two. Don will have something great and Lou will cockblock.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Good observation. I missed that.

Breh as a writer, this show is always an instant erection for me..pause lol. The Wire, The Sopranos, and Mad Men are the best written drams I've ever seen. I never got into Breaking Bad so I'll admit I probably need to hop on it but those three shows, especially Mad Men and The Wire, are like novels man.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
There's no way Don's sticking to those 'scripts' in meetings with clients either. :rudy:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well it does mean that Lou can say yes or no to his ideas. All of the creatives respect Peggy's input and ideas more than Lou's but that doesn't mean they ever get to leave creative. I think that will be the main conflict for the next episode or two. Don will have something great and Lou will cockblock.
I think Lou's insecurities will be more apparent than Don's smugness when they interact... Like Lou said, he only has a 2 year contract with the agency. Don agreed to report to him, but he knows at the end of the day that he's still a "boss".

Now I thought Don was going to take that contract they handed him and rip it up personally, but when I saw him just say, "Ok" and keep it moving, I tend to think that he's going to play along with following suit right now and let Lou's jealously burn him up over time.