Mad Men: Season 7 (Part 1) 'The Beginning' - April 13th

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I'm way off on this, but didn't Meagan say "You've been on leave for a year, and you didn't come to see me?" Don ran into his replacement on the way out of the door whenever he was put on leave. To me, that means, when Don was let go (over a year ago according to Meagan), he ran into Lou, = Lou has been there a year.

i just assumed that those things lined up. My timing on this show is thrown off completely, honestly.

It's only been a couple of months. Don got cut loose in November/December of 68, and the show picks up in February of 69. Megan makes it seem longer because she says "You got fired last year"

Daps
They haven't gotten into how he got the job, but I don't think there's much to it. They probably wanted a less radical and safer person in there after the Don fiasco with Hershey. It's not like he has a permanent job with the agency anyway.

I think Cutler wanted someone he could control. I think that's Cutler's guy. Since he gave up their names on the wall (Cutler, Gleason, and Shaw) he's been trying to erode the SDCP influence in the office.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's only been a couple of months. Don got cut loose in November/December of 68, and the show picks up in February of 69. Megan makes it seem longer because she says "You got fired last year"
Yeah, that's what I was telling my wife. I was like, he hasn't kept it from Megan for a year, she just said, "you got fired last year"

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
:dwillhuh::smugdraper:

Thanks

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Joan has some animosity towards Don because he told Jaguar to fukk off and Joan felt like she did that for nothing. Don was being a selfish prick and not giving a fukk about how anyone else was feeling. He was a fukking mess. I really thought that Don was going to tell them to fukk off after they read him those stipulations.

pete and joan were also about to make Jaguar go public and make a KILLING (especially for them as young and new to money) joan especially was already dreaming about what she was gonna do with that new increase and Don (someone who already has good money) killed it without even talking to anyone

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
pete and joan were also about to make Jaguar go public and make a KILLING (especially for them as young and new to money) joan especially was already dreaming about what she was gonna do with that new increase and Don (someone who already has good money) killed it without even talking to anyone
They were going to make the firm go public, not Jaguar.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
Last season, I KNEW how big of a dikk Don was being to everyone, but looking back over all of these posts you guys are bringing up, Don was burning a lot of bridges last year.