Mad Max: Fury Road is probably the most overrated film of the last decade

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
was fury road overrated? yeah. but michael bay couldn't make a movie as good as fury road on the best day of his life. the man is an action/explosives god, dont get me wrong. but the style, the flow, the characterization. the visuals GM chose to play up, and the easy-win onscreen gags he avoided. michael bay doesnt have an eye for that kind of subtlety. the most obvious joke/payoff is always the best for him, racial/gender/spiritual complications be damned.

that's how we end up with transformers with gold fronts. transformers with wrecking balls for testicles. robots somehow making urine jokes. and all the other fukk-shyt bay is known for. THAT'S why his version would have a 38 on Rotten Tomatoes.

by the time we got through the first act of bay's version, we would have found out one of the warboys had a tumor on his nuts (because being riddled with death-causing tumors couldnt possibly be horrible enough). and then he would have gotten hit in the nuts during the first chase. and there would have been at least 2 fart jokes in the truck max and furiosa were riding in. :camby:

Man please, it's a mindless action movie :camby:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you seriously trying to imply there aren't other senseless action movies that are based around vehicles, explosions and set pieces?

Like the Fast and Furious franchise isn't one of the most successful movie series of all time? shyt Furious 7 was TRASH and even that had more story and characterization than Fury Road. :mjlol:

Or perhaps you're trying to imply that a post-apocalyptic setting hasn't been done before? In which case....:mjlol:

The OG Mad Max movies pretty much started this though, so it gets a pass

I agree it's a bit overrated though. Great action flick, but not Oscar-worthy imo

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a technical masterpiece.

But much like a film like say gravity,I have 0 desire to ever watch it again.

It's the best u turn ever put on film.
My thoughts exactly. Just watched it for the first time this past weekend actually and that's what I told my uncle who I borrowed it from. Great action movie but no story at all they drive one way acting a fool then turn around and do the same thing on the way back. It is what it is.:yeshrug:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
image.gif
This mutated nikkas sole purpose was to play sick guitar rifts while his clique rolled out :banderas::banderas:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There have been a lack of old school style action movies unless they are comic movies

The reason most people loved this was it was mindless non stop action without nikkas in capes spending 3/4ths of the movie talking

I don't think that's why a lot of people on here loved it. shyt I love dialogue so for me it wasn't mindless non stop action at all. I took a lot more from it than just the action which was incredible