Mad Max: Fury Road is probably the most overrated film of the last decade

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I agree. I like the fact that it's so different from other action flicks.

But it definitely caught me off guard at first :heh:

Don't understand the hate this movie gets.
Was watching it earlier too and it's still a dope flick.

I personally loved it and the replay value is amazing. Cinematography is A1 and the action scenes are like something I've never seen before. Don't see how anyone can't enjoy it but to each his own.

Have any of you seen the originals? :patrice:I made a long post on this on IMDb, but I'm giong to explain why this movie got on my nerves so much:

• It's derivative, and sometimes a worse copy
    • Road Warrior had the first massive post apocalyptic chase scene. Everything you guys are in awe of was inspired by the original trilogy. This is NOT NEW. Hell, even Beyond Thunderdome kind of ripped of the chase scenes from Road Warrior (BT was the first Hollywood production as I recal)
    • They just threw in stupid 2nd chase scene because that was the most popular thing from the originals. Hey, lets run away. Hey let run back so we can have more action!
    • The originals built up to the chase scenes, they were integral to the story, so they meant something.
    • Bartertown was a legit "lived in" post-apocalyptic city. the city in FR was just a bunch of dusty cacs standing around a water fountain. Where the hell do they all live, how does the city thrive?
  • The script writer/editor either didn't watch or didn't give a fukk about the originals. I know the original director was in on this, but I don't understand how the storyline could be so fukked up.
    • Mad Max wasn't crazy!!!!! Mad Max was pissed off because his family was killed by a motorcycle gang. Having him act like a nutjob was another level of disrespect for the character.
    • His interceptor was detroyed 2 movies ago :mjlol:
    • The movie doesn't fit into the continuity at all; things like his injuries etc.
    • MM didn't have a daughter that age (from his hallucinations)
    • MM was a crack shot, in FR they made him a retard with a rifle, just as another way to have Furiosa one-up him.
  • They shyt all over Mad Max
    • MM gets turned into a 2ndary character in his own movie :dahell: This was the Furiosa show, not his. They were too scared to create their own franchise with Furiosa at the lead, so they pulled this
    • They wanted to show so bad how Furiosa was a badass, they made MM weak. shyt like how they get into that first fight. MM isn't a sucker man, he's not falling for that shyt :mjlol: And they had to make it a draw because Furiosa is a badass remember?
    • The ONE scene where MM does the most ass kicking, they dont even show it! It's all offscreen while we're getting reaction shots of the women. "It's not his blood" :camby:
  • Some of the really stupid writing
    • OK Furiosa is close enough to know about the way home, but somehow hasn't heard that her village got wiped out :dahell:
    • I mentioned the stupid excuses for the 2 chase scenes.
    • The thought that the enemy leader is going to trash his entire army for some p*ssy. Again, the chase scenes in the originals had huge stakes, so there HAD to be a long fight.
  • The hammered in feminist agenda
    • After 30 minutes in, we find out the whole story is going to be a "men are evil oppressors, let's form up like Voltron!"
    • Running into some old bytches out in the desert. Somehow #hillaryset and some untrained hos are going to take on trained, seasoned warriors and beat them :mjlol:
    • "Who started the wars?" fukk these hos, you dudes need to see what Hollywood is doing to you.
    • Throw in a simp who gives away a perfect chance to end the whole thing, because some ho talked to him once. Breh could have been fukking them all on the boss's dime after he captured them!
    • Note, the originals had STRONG female characters in EVERY movie without it being this artificial bullshyt. MM's wife stands up to Toe Cutter. Even MM's mother-in-law pulls a shotgun on his gang. The captain of the guard in RW was female. And BOTH village of the children and Bartertown are run by WOMEN in the originals!
    • The director ADMITTED he was bringing feminist activists on set to set the tone for the movie :mjlol:
    And the whole thing in the marketing with pretending there was no CGI in the movie. Comone on man, I respect the director' s abilities to film epic chase scenes, but get the fukk out of here with the "No CGI" bullshyt.

Again, the first 30 minutes was epic, but once you see what a stupid rationale there was driving the entire movie, they lost me. I haven't watched the "how it should have ended" for FR, but it must be pretty good :mjlol:

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Playing borderlands 1 and 2 was fun. The game were inspired by the movies, then the games turned around and inspired fury road.

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
Wonder Woman. I remember when that movie came out, everyone was saying this was the greatest superhero movie ever made. I didn't watch it until months later on Redbox. But when I did I was like :dahell:. How is this considered one of the goat superhero movies in history? That movie stunk like dead wildlife trapped in the walls stunk. All those neck-bearded virgins saw Gal Gadot in a Wonder Woman outfit, fell in love in her and gave that shytty movie a pass. Say what y'all want about Batman vs Superman, but that movie was way more watchable and entertaining than Wonder Trash.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wonder Woman. I remember when that movie came out, everyone was saying this was the greatest superhero movie ever made. I didn't watch it until months later on Redbox. But when I did I was like :dahell:. How is this considered one of the goat superhero movies in history? That movie stunk like dead wildlife trapped in the walls stunk. All those neck-bearded virgins saw Gal Gadot in a Wonder Woman outfit, fell in love in her and gave that shytty movie a pass. Say what y'all want about Batman vs Superman, but that movie was way more watchable and entertaining than Wonder Trash.

Batman vs Superman better than Wonder Woman,you gotta be kidding me:mjlol:

At least Wonderwoman had what you call "charm". Batman v Superman is a ball of confusion,crappy buildup to the big show down. Ridiculous ending to the big show down(Martha:mjlol:). Then they pointless ruined a huge character in a wasted rush of a movie.

Now everyone who agreed with OP. Needs to acknowledge The Batman is loved for the same reasons(aesthetic). But at least Fury Road had non stop action. Whether it was pointless or not.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not as good as the previous ones, but worked great as a standalone. I'm a fan of atmospheric, low dialogue movies though.