Mad Max: Fury Road is probably the most overrated film of the last decade

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The first time I watched it I liked it. BUT it was one of those situations where I heard it was getting rave reviews before I walked into the theater, and, being a sucker for action flicks, pretty much FORCED myself to love it before the movie even started.

Every single time I rewatch, I find myself wondering why the fukk this movie was so critically acclaimed. I actually cannot fathom it. Besides the aesthetics and the unique special effects, NOTHING about this movie stands out. And if those 2 are all it takes to get a great score, then I guess Pacific Rim should've gotten a 90+ on RT too. I mean this is your TO-A-TEE, minimal plotline, minimal characterization, minimal acting, nothing but action and drivel stereotypical action movie--the kind of movie you'd see in a children's cartoon as a parody mocking how shytty and senseless your average action movie is--and yet, it got a 97% on RT. It actually blows my mind. :dwillhuh:

dy5UWeJ.gif

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Good action flick. Great chase scenes but thats all its really good for. Hardy barely even talks in it. I did like the sick boys look and thought it did a good job "world building" , even better than the orevious mad maxs but yea def a tad iverrated but still a good flick. 3.75/5 stars atleast

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Enjoyed it when I first watched and don't even think it's a bad movie. But I would never watch it again.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
People hype the stylistic choices, but if those styles aren't your thing, they aren't appealing. As far as storytelling goes, which is why most people even go to fiction, Mad Max kind of fails. They try to be pseudo-deep by gracing over a variety of topics, when really its just heavy metal and car hype. Avengers and a lot of movies mentioned here did a better job of telling a story or building character than Max Mad.

• Dap
Reactions: MGM

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
I don't think it's rated high enough to be considered THEE most overrated movie of the past decade. I thought it was cool. Liked, didn't love it.