Mad Max Furiosa prequel- Anya Taylor Joy and Chris Hemsworth

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the only way a 79 year old George Miller was gonna make this film. He can't control what a CGI studio produce under WB's dollar. If it's good enough for WB. They gonna release. We saw that shyt with the Flash.

So, it's an annoyance, but still a really good film.

I wonder what Miller does with the Mad Max rights after he passes away. Such a good universe. Be a shame for it die.

Equally sucks that this probable last film is a prequel.

George Miller is 79 about to be 80. With this flopping (box office wise), I wonder what his next move is? This was a really good movie, but expensive.

I would think he would abandon the Wasteland idea, and try and get the band back together and do a sequel to FURY ROAD, and bring back Hardy and Theron if he wants to make another one of these.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was solid but I was taken aback by all of the noticeable CG compared to Fury Road.
FR seemed like it had way more practical effects compared to this one. The FX were way more noticeable and looked video gameish at times especially with the ragdoll physics, backgrounds and green screens.

Anya was good but I felt like Hemsworth was the star.
Did anyone notice that "Gimme a knife" kid as the War Pup? :mjlol:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
George Miller is 79 about to be 80. With this flopping (box office wise), I wonder what his next move is? This was a really good movie, but expensive.

I would think he would abandon the Wasteland idea, and try and get the band back together and do a sequel to FURY ROAD, and bring back Hardy and Theron if he wants to make another one of these.
With how much time they wasted. They should of abandoned the prequel stuff. Especially, the data points that prequel don't succeed. Compound that issue with making visual compromises do to impending mortality.

Taking 9 years to release a prequel when the IP lost all that insane buzz will probably be the film's downfall.

Should of handed it off to another director and work on a sequel.

I wouldn't say a female lead was the issue, because Chris Hemsworth got 80% of the marketing, he had the large majority of screen time.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
It was solid but I was taken aback by all of the noticeable CG compared to Fury Road.
FR seemed like it had way more practical effects compared to this one. The FX were way more noticeable and looked video gameish at times especially with the ragdoll physics, backgrounds and green screens.

Anya was good but I felt like Hemsworth was the star.
Did anyone notice that "Gimme a knife" kid as the War Pup? :mjlol:
It also spent too much time filling in unnecessary lore for Fury Road. Some scenes went too long. The adversary relationship needed way more focus, but constantly got side track by building up towards Fury Road.

Felt like 3 acts of 5 act production. The last two acts being Fury Road. It gets to the point that they should of re-release Fury Road and do double freatures

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

I just hope we get one more Mad Max movie before he dies :mjcry:

I'm even fine with another Fury Road prequel explaining Max's flashback horror scenes.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I just hope we get one more Mad Max movie before he dies :mjcry:

I'm even fine with another Fury Road prequel explaining Max's flashback horror scenes.
I hope he finds a young director that he admires to do it. I think Miller at best should be a producer/writer. Let more able director tell your story with no compromises.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Really enjoyed it. It's not similar to Fury Road in terms of balls to the wall nonstop action but I enjoyed how it did a revenge story in a relatively unique way, mixing in some stunning action sequences alongside a pretty fun plot. Some of the pacing felt off, to the point that it really feels like a long film, but overall I thought it was well done. Only other criticism was that while the villain is good, his crew is pretty forgettable. Besides History Man there wasn't a memorable goon or crew member with a noteworthy scene.

Taylor-Joy was great and the little girl who played Furiosa initially was amazing. Super impressive child acting. Hemsworth is great but the guy who played Jack really stole much of the film to me. That dude was fukking badass.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
good movie, as people were saying the story is way better, just not as much action. idk how to put a spoiler on here but

SPOILER ALERT

When furiosa cut her forearm off and escaped and was walking in the desert before she passed out. It showed the ford interceptor and a guy on that ridge overlooking her, was that supposed to be tom hardy or mel gibson?

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Really enjoyed it. It's not similar to Fury Road in terms of balls to the wall nonstop action but I enjoyed how it did a revenge story in a relatively unique way, mixing in some stunning action sequences alongside a pretty fun plot. Some of the pacing felt off, to the point that it really feels like a long film, but overall I thought it was well done. Only other criticism was that while the villain is good, his crew is pretty forgettable. Besides History Man there wasn't a memorable goon or crew member with a noteworthy scene.

Taylor-Joy was great and the little girl who played Furiosa initially was amazing. Super impressive child acting. Hemsworth is great but the guy who played Jack really stole much of the film to me. That dude was fukking badass.

It felt like it got constantly sidetracked by the Wasteland World building and building towards Fury Road subplots.

I understand the set up needed, but it took way a lot of the focal point of the film. It skip over things, but exposition dump other things. It was odd.

They probably could of cut 35 minutes of they just focus more on Jack, Furiosa, and Dementus while keep everything else to a minimum.

All in all, I really enjoyed it.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
good movie, as people were saying the story is way better, just not as much action. idk how to put a spoiler on here but

SPOILER ALERT

When furiosa cut her forearm off and escaped and was walking in the desert before she passed out. It showed the ford interceptor and a guy on that ridge overlooking her, was that supposed to be tom hardy or mel gibson?
I honestly don't know if the OG is really connected to the Fury Road movies anymore. Fury Road feels like a reboot and a sequel in the same vein, but it's probably best to separate the continuity as they are just radically different till proven otherwise.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I honestly don't know if the OG is really connected to the Fury Road movies anymore. Fury Road feels like a reboot and a sequel in the same vein, but it's probably best to separate the continuity as they are just radically different till proven otherwise.
just looked it up, it is apart of the OG, Furiosa is set between thunderdome and Fury Road. Tom Hardy plays Mel Gibson's character (though Mad Max was just the "brand" of the film) and yes that was him on that ridge.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

SPOILER ALERT

George Miller confirmed it's the same Max as Fury Road, but it wasn't Tom Hardy. It was actually his stunt double from Fury Road. The guy is a native Australian actor, so it was easier to get him to stand in as Max.