Mad Max Furiosa prequel- Anya Taylor Joy and Chris Hemsworth

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The reviews have me back on the bandwagon. Also rewatched Fury Road and man...that shyt aged perfectly. I'd compare it to Terminator 2, The Matrix, or any classic action film. It's perfect.
It's by far the best action movie in the past decade. Maybe since the 90s. I like district 9 and Edge of tomorrow too as far as post 2K action. Trying to think of others.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
It got a 7 minute standing ovation at the cannes film festival
That same shyt been said for horrible ass movies in the past. Just like there have been reports of movies so scary that people passed out or vomited at Cannes and the movie was no where near that level for real.

It may be fire tho. The trailers just make it look trash.

Daps
Just got back from seeing this. This went hard. Movie wastes no time getting right into the main conflict. Takes a little time for Anya to show up as her child counterpart got a decent amount of screen time. When Furiosa grows up she aint about the BS. Chick was out for revenge and was putting dudes down. Anya definitely did her thing. I saw a few movies with her, and I'll be checking out more of her stuff.

Dementus was a trip came on screen like he was Jesus. Man was all over the place later on, he didn't know if he wanted to have good strategy or fuc up. You can tell Hemsworth had fun with the role.

Movie didn't feel like 2 1/2 hours to me, went by fast. I enjoyed it. I liked it better than Kingdom of Apes.

I have to watch Fury Road again.

One thing about prequels is you already know how its going to end.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I just got back. I thought the story was a simple revenge story. That's not a bad thing, it did it's job getting us to the action. The action was top notch. And this is one of the few movies advertised for IMAX that i feel was an "IMAX experience". Visually stunning and the sound was booming. The 1st act had some really beautiful shots in it.

And I don't know a lot about the Mad Max lore and that didn't matter. You can see this on it's own.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just got back. I thought the story was a simple revenge story. That's not a bad thing, it did it's job getting us to the action. The action was top notch. And this is one of the few movies advertised for IMAX that i feel was an "IMAX experience". Visually stunning and the sound was booming. The 1st act had some really beautiful shots in it.

And I don't know a lot about the Mad Max lore and that didn't matter. You can see this on it's own.
Guess I am watching in IMAX now

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This was such a blast. Furiosa could’ve easily been a weak prequel churned out for cash grab purposes only, but George Miller puts his foot down in ensuring something like that didn’t happen here. This is his baby, and I’m glad he made something that should actually enhance a Fury Road rewatch down the road.

Anya takes the mantle from Charlize with ease and this was easily one of Hemsworth’s best performances of his career so far. I want to see him take on more of these villain roles. I did feel the runtime though, especially with child Furiosa’s arc. The visuals fall short compared to the last installment, but Fury Road is also Fury Road. It won’t be replicated. Actually thought this had more emotion in its story to offer. Junkie XL’s score wasn’t as bombastic as I would like, but perhaps that’s supposed to reflect where Furiosa is at during this point of time.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was such a blast. Furiosa could’ve easily been a weak prequel churned out for cash grab purposes only, but George Miller puts his foot down in ensuring something like that didn’t happen here. This is his baby, and I’m glad he made something that should actually enhance a Fury Road rewatch down the road.

Anya takes the mantle from Charlize with ease and this was easily one of Hemsworth’s best performances of his career so far. I want to see him take on more of these villain roles. I did feel the runtime though, especially with child Furiosa’s arc. The visuals fall short compared to the last installment, but Fury Road is also Fury Road. It won’t be replicated. I actually thought this had more emotion in its story to offer.
You said it all. For the most part, this is my assessment of this movie as well. I agree it’s not as excellent as Fury Road, especially the action but it’s damn good. I also enjoyed some of the call back shots. Miller obviously put a lot of care into making sure this lined up with Fury Road in a way that will actually give even more weight to Furiosa’s decisions in Fury Road in future viewings. I think this one was way more violent than Fury Road, but I disagree that it’s more emotional. I understand why you’re saying that though and I am glad that Furiosa was allowed to have a real love interest in this one. 9/10