MachineGames( Wolfenstein) working on Indiana Jones Game

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Honestly, I don't even think it'll have even wolfenstein shooting mechanics.

With respect to the combat, Indie was a about the over the top punches with that.crazy sound effect.

Close quarters combat while on the top of a train that is off the rails and sliding towards a.lava pit type shyt.:russ:

Condemned 2 had some of the best FPS hand combat I have ever experienced.

It should be like that.

I played condemned 2, and I can mostly agree. (Best melee fps game I've played is actually Dark Messiah of Might and Magic but I digress)

The problem with doing that is that it's easy to get wrong, and making it "fun" can be an issue. Most melee FPS games aren't received well because users don't wanna learn how to learn them. They just wanna beat people up :pachaha:

So idk how you can do it in a way that everyone will be happy with tbh

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
You would be the same one saying the Titanfall guys shouldn't make a 3rd person Star Wars games, or that the Killzone ppl shouldn't make a open world RPG game.

Fair. It's not impossible for them to make it a great game, but it feels like an odd fit.

Very rarely do these game studios make a game from the ground up, they import a lot of stuff from other games they've made. So it implies that it will in some capacity feel like wolfenstein. But I could be wrong. :hubie:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fair. It's not impossible for them to make it a great game, but it feels like an odd fit.

Very rarely do these game studios make a game from the ground up, they import a lot of stuff from other games they've made. So it implies that it will in some capacity feel like wolfenstein. But I could be wrong. :hubie:

They’d have to go back to square one and create an entirely new gaming engine which takes years. By the time to get finished with doing all this you won’t know what the game will be like.

Kind of like how Star Wars plays nothing like titanfall and HZD plays nothing like Killzone.

I WILL say, talented developers CAN do it if they are given a decent budget and time to work with. As much as I’ve had to say about how inconsistent the wolfenstein series has been they are great storytellers and do really great set pieces.

I just don’t think Indiana jones is interesting enough of an IP to really be subversive in this genre. What could it possibly do that tomb raider and uncharted or other action games haven’t really perfected years ago?

Another reason I don’t like the idea of movie games is the developers are now anchored to the lore of ID. Basically he fights, he shoots, he has a whip. That’s about the extent of his abilities.

They can’t magically have him now become a master of stealth, or running on walls. IDK, i like Indiana jones but it’s limited imo

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
NdNe.gif

IgnorantBareButterfly-max-14mb.gif

381C10E4A0ABD2158B0E3C599E5A20205A7DFA92
Cool. What are you showing here?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I played condemned 2, and I can mostly agree. (Best melee fps game I've played is actually Dark Messiah of Might and Magic but I digress)

The problem with doing that is that it's easy to get wrong, and making it "fun" can be an issue. Most melee FPS games aren't received well because users don't wanna learn how to learn them. They just wanna beat people up :pachaha:

So idk how you can do it in a way that everyone will be happy with tbh
Great point

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
They’d have to go back to square one and create an entirely new gaming engine which takes years. By the time to get finished with doing all this you won’t know what the game will be like.

Kind of like how Star Wars plays nothing like titanfall and HZD plays nothing like Killzone.

I WILL say, talented developers CAN do it if they are given a decent budget and time to work with. As much as I’ve had to say about how inconsistent the wolfenstein series has been they are great storytellers and do really great set pieces.

I just don’t think Indiana jones is interesting enough of an IP to really be subversive in this genre. What could it possibly do that tomb raider and uncharted or other action games haven’t really perfected years ago?

Another reason I don’t like the idea of movie games is the developers are now anchored to the lore of ID. Basically he fights, he shoots, he has a whip. That’s about the extent of his abilities.

They can’t magically have him now become a master of stealth, or running on walls. IDK, i like Indiana jones but it’s limited imo

There's not enough single player linear 15-30hr games.

If they have fire set pieces; a great story, and no tacted open world/necessary backtracking then that makes them damn near the only game like that in whenever year it drops.

Uncharted; Gears, and TLOU were once like above, but their recent entries have had boring open world where you're aimlessly wandering around.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

If they have fire set pieces; a great story, and no tacted open world/necessary backtracking then that makes them damn near the only game like that in whenever year it drops.

Uncharted; Gears, and TLOU were once like above, but their recent entries have had boring open world where you're aimlessly wandering around.

Yeah its lame because i feel like the story stops when it goes into the open world sections. It really doesn’t’ add much to the experience at all. I like the semi open world zones uncharted does though.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

To be fair to TLOU2 (Not the GOTY btw)

There's only one open world segment and it lasts for less than a hour tops, especially if you don't give a shyt and wanna rush through it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You're weird, breh. Like, dead ass.

We were discussing the potential of FPS combat.

It's hard to make deep but fun close quarters combat FPS.

You responded to me with Uncharted third person combat.

I’m just joking i honestly haven’t played a first persona game with good melee combat, or melee combat at all outside of dishonored and mirrors edge.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To be fair to TLOU2 (Not the GOTY btw)

There's only one open world segment and it lasts for less than a hour tops, especially if you don't give a shyt and wanna rush through it.

There’s 2.

When you’re on the horse with dina and after you escape from the school

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I’m just joking i honestly haven’t played a first persona game with good melee combat, or melee combat at all outside of dishonored and mirrors edge.
I feel you but, if you look at the thread, shyt was actually a real conversation about the potential for this game we don't know anything about...

It moved away from the console wars shyt.

You trying to move it back to that is what's wrong with this forum.