MachineGames( Wolfenstein) working on Indiana Jones Game

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I’m just joking i honestly haven’t played a first persona game with good melee combat, or melee combat at all outside of dishonored and mirrors edge.

While dishonored has better combat than skyrim, I'd argue that the dishonored combat isn't even that great compared to the 2 we just mentioned because of the problem we just talked about. There's not as much DEPTH to the actual melee because people want to feel powerful. There's not much to dishonored's melee other than attack, strong attack, block and counter.

What made it fun is having a ton of abilities to go with the combat. So since IJ wont have the magical abilities as a crutch to make the combat fun, its gonna be tough to make it fun if they go that route IMO.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel you but, if you look at the thread, shyt was actually a real conversation about the potential for this game we don't know anything about...

It moved away from the console wars shyt.

You trying to move it back to that is what's wrong with this forum.

Bro lighten up, none of us know shyt about the game and we all just talking about what if’s at this point. Would it have been better if i joked and posted tomb raider instead? I’m not sure who’s making it a console war but you, I didn’t mention shyt about sony.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
While dishonored has better combat than skyrim, I'd argue that the dishonored combat isn't even that great compared to the 2 we just mentioned because of the problem we just talked about. There's not as much DEPTH to the actual melee because people want to feel powerful. There's not much to dishonored's melee other than attack, strong attack, block and counter.

What made it fun is having a ton of abilities to go with the combat. So since IJ wont have the magical abilities as a crutch to make the combat fun, its gonna be tough to make it fun if they go that route IMO.

Yeah, basically. If dishonored was simply about sword fighting it would have been boring. But it did sword combat decent enough to compliment the actual skills and abilities you’re supposed to use.

I was more excited for the possibility of a new prince of Persia tbh. They could do a lot with that franchise now with the time altering and platforming mechanics

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Only Indy game I've played from memory, and I don't have much memory beyond the theme song. I'm pretty sure I didn't fw it tho, but I didn't have a choice but to play it because it was what I had:mjlol: random Blockbuster used pickup

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Bro lighten up, none of us know shyt about the game and we all just talking about what if’s at this point. Would it have been better if i joked and posted tomb raider instead? I’m not sure who’s making it a console war but you, I didn’t mention shyt about sony.
Aight, breh.

You're right. I kind of was just enjoying the direction of the thread. I hate what this forum can be sometimes regarding nikkas just wanting to talk about games without the usual derailments so I might have read you wrong.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Aight, breh.

You're right. I kind of was just enjoying the direction of the thread. I hate what this forum can be sometimes regarding nikkas just wanting to talk about games without the usual derailments so I might have read you wrong.

I feel like I’ve added enough vcontext for my skepticism but i didn’t realize i quoted you which is why i seems like i was responding directly to the first person melee argument.

And this won’t be the last uncharted comparison so might as well get used to it now while its still a hot take. :yeshrug:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Cool, a movie game :ehh:
indy is gaming og
Raiders_of_the_Lost_Ark_Coverart.png

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I played only one Uncharted game and I think it was 4. Thr gsme ain't that good if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I liked the story, graphics, and the gameplay was good, but very soon it just became repetitive. Reminded me of COD where I could predict when enemies were coming.