Lyricism is dead because it takes too long to write witty lines..these new rappers are just lazy

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK but then we also have to come to the conclusion that not everyone can copy that same formula...hence the reason why we are in this era we are now where there are no 90's Tupac and late 90's/early 2000's Jay Z level type albums out in this decade that used that same formula.

That is not why we are in this era. There's a difference. When Pac was recorded all of those songs, the recording process is nowhere near what it is now. Him recording those songs in a short period in the 90's is far different than what it is now. Technology changed everything and caters to short attention spans. You can write, record, mix, master and have the music available for purchase in no time. You can put out multiple albums in the same day. That has nothing to do with a lack of lyricism and everything to do with fear of becoming irrelevant.

In Pac's case, he wanted to leave behind a wealth of music in case he died. Jay did it to be competitive because wanted to make sure he put out something annually.

All I'm saying is that the time it takes to write a song doesn't necessarily affect how lyrical it is.

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thats top secret information
Your reluctance to answer the question says it all. Maybe you shouldn't be comparing artist from 20 years ago style,with artist of today and expecting the exact same. Alot of these guys are actually witty,have cool deliverys and unheard of flows,as well as some just have some real shyt to say.

Plus you need to realize something,majority of rap fans never cared about that rippity rap style anyway outside of the east coast. So saying rappers need to focus more on their lyrics will only lead to more mediocre,boring,uninspired lyricist like J Cole and Wale. I prefer complete emcees far more,and guys who just know how to make great music.

You have to understand the proccess allows for them to not neccesarily be lazy,but to work fast. Probably a little too fast,sometimes good music takes time and sometimes it doesn't. Thats up to the fans to decide and stop dikkriding everything their favorite artist puts out. But that goes for lyrical guys like J Cole and Kendrick who can drop wack projects and not be questioned because it appears they put more time in then the next man. I say fukk your effort if your asking me,the payoff is the music which the ammount of time you spend on it doesn't neccesarily matter.

Ya dead wrong.....I can compare based on the standard thats already set because there are rappers from this exact decade that actually meet the standard of lyricism. Like Cyhi, Rapsody, Don Q, The URL battle rappers....so if these examples of current rappers meet the standard of lyricism that was already set then I have to judge Migos on that standard because there are artist from this era meeting it.

What u are trying to do is force me to except that Migos are on that standard when they arent because there are too many current rappers who meet that standard that do it better then Migos.

and I noticed in that comment u made about how most fans dont fukk with rippity rap u forgot to mention "Style" :krs:

Yeah u seem to have forgtten about being lyrcial and having "style" like Busta or Eminem. U see a rapper can also have "style" and not be lyrical and be liked as well. Like LiI B or Cheif Keef. So u were just reaching with that comment about fans not like Rippity Rap.....u starting to reach I see.

:sas1:

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
That is not why we are in this era. There's a difference. When Pac was recorded all of those songs, the recording process is nowhere near what it is now. Him recording those songs in a short period in the 90's is far different than what it is now. Technology changed everything and caters to short attention spans. You can write, record, mix, master and have the music available for purchase in no time. You can put out multiple albums in the same day. That has nothing to do with a lack of lyricism and everything to do with fear of becoming irrelevant.

In Pac's case, he wanted to leave behind a wealth of music in case he died. Jay did it to be competitive because wanted to make sure he put out something annually.

All I'm saying is that the time it takes to write a song doesn't necessarily affect how lyrical it is.

:patrice:

U are destroying your own argument. If the technology is different from when Pac was alive where u can now have a studio on your laptop then that means there is no excuse for the lack of lyricism in this era. Pac had to book a studio so it would make sense as to why he had to work fast. These new nikkaz got laptops..they got the studio with them werever they go. How does someone from the past who had to book studio time make better music then someone in the future who has the studio wherever they go?

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Ya dead wrong.....I can compare based on the standard thats already set because there are rappers from this exact decade that actually meet the standard of lyricism. Like Cyhi, Rapsody, Don Q, The URL battle rappers....so if these examples of current rappers meet the standard of lyricism that was already set then I have to judge Migos on that standard because there are artist from this era meeting it.

What u are trying to do is force me to except that Migos are on that standard when they arent because there are too many current rappers who meet that standard that do it better then Migos.

and I noticed in that comment u made about how most fans dont fukk with rippity rap u forgot to mention "Style" :krs:

Yeah u seem to have forgtten about being lyrcial and having "style" like Busta or Eminem. U see a rapper can also have "style" and not be lyrical and be liked as well. Like LiI B or Cheif Keef. So u were just reaching with that comment about fans not like Rippity Rap.....u starting to reach I see.

:sas1:

The same standard of lyricism that you claim Juvenile was able to meet:patrice:?Are you saying there aren't enough Juvenile equivalent among todays crop?Or are you not putting Juvenile in the same category of lyricism as Nas,G Rap,Rakim,Ras Kass,Heiro? If you are able to acknowledge Juvenile having some lyrical merit,its odd you are unable to have different standards in todays era. When it comes to todays artist,Either they must meet the same standard as the greatest technical lyricist of the 90's or you just aren't lyrical?But Juvenile didn't have to meet that standard while being in the same era.:mjlol:

I didn't say fans don't fukk with rippity rap,I said majority of fans don't care like that. On the west coast and in the south the major focus isn't on who can showcase the best technical lyric scheme. You proved my point,style is more important than the technical lyrics you want rappers to spend more time focusing on.

Because as you just admitted "style" wins in every locale:sas1:,technical lyricism in itself does not. Which is why most technical lyricist are failures in their short sightedness.

Alot can be learned from each other if lyricist like yourself weren't so busy caping for your own weakness,by downplaying others strengths:sas1:.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

U are destroying your own argument. If the technology is different from when Pac was alive where u can now have a studio on your laptop then that means there is no excuse for the lack of lyricism in this era. Pac had to book a studio so it would make sense as to why he had to work fast. These new nikkaz got laptops..they got the studio with them werever they go. How does someone from the past who had to book studio time make better music then someone in the future who has the studio wherever they go?

My initial post was about how technology influenced the lack of lyricism.

Think about.

How many people do you know that actually write much of anything anymore?

When you see written communication that isn't professional or on a forum, is it wordy or straight to the point?

People don't even read anymore because you could buy a digital copy, download it to a mobile device and have it read to you.

So, with the decrease in actually appreciating the written word, it is no surprise that the interest in lyricism has tanked significantly.

Benefited

Banned
Daps

Same way Pac recorded a masterpiece in 7 days,greater and more lyrical then many rappers who probably took a month or years:manny:,which you have been making sound impossible to do all thread long.

Maybe Pac is a bad example for us to use on both sides of the argument, as he is a glitch in the hiphop matrix and not the norm.

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Same way Pac recorded a masterpiece in 7 days,greater and more lyrical then many rappers who probably took a month or years:manny:,which you have been making sound impossible to do all thread long.

Maybe Pac is a bad example for us to use on both sides of the argument, as he is a glitch in the hiphop matrix and not the norm.

:francis:

Read what it says about the song "Toss It Up." Just because he put the songs together in 7 days doesnt mean he didnt have lyrics already done.

522654_458477737543298_1671588774_n.jpg

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The same standard of lyricism that you claim Juvenile was able to meet:patrice:?Are you saying there aren't enough Juvenile equivalent among todays crop?Or are you not putting Juvenile in the same category of lyricism as Nas,G Rap,Rakim,Ras Kass,Heiro? If you are able to acknowledge Juvenile having some lyrical merit,its odd you are unable to have different standards in todays era. When it comes to todays artist,Either they must meet the same standard as the greatest technical lyricist of the 90's or you just aren't lyrical?But Juvenile didn't have to meet that standard while being in the same era.:mjlol:

I didn't say fans don't fukk with rippity rap,I said majority of fans don't care like that. On the west coast and in the south the major focus isn't on who can showcase the best technical lyric scheme. You proved my point,style is more important than the technical lyrics you want rappers to spend more time focusing on.

Because as you just admitted "style" wins in every locale:sas1:,technical lyricism in itself does not. Which is why most technical lyricist are failures in their short sightedness.

Alot can be learned from each other if lyricist like yourself weren't so busy caping for your own weakness,by downplaying others strengths:sas1:.

Dude....U cant jump from me speaking on one thing (Me comparing Juvie to Migos) and then add it to another (U now aligning Juve with the 90's rappers and what is lyrical) ......U are now jumping into a whole new topic while trying to twist it with an old topic

When I brought up Juvie it was in response to u saying that I disregard southern rappers because of their accents.....we werent talking about aligning them with 90's rappers...Thats some shyt u just now made up. Thats a whole different topic. I also explained how in the song "Ha" Juvie is lyrical because it has "compounds" all over it. I specified why its lyrical....its lyrical because it has "compunds"....Go back and read it....Thats what I was stressing....comparing that with Migos which just had "flow"

and u also lied....I never said "style wins in every locale"......I never once said that....dont put words in my mouth. :stopitslime: You had to lie to make a point but your point is debunked because I never said that.

Benefited

Banned
Daps

Read what it says about the song "Toss It Up." Just because he put the songs together in 7 days doesnt mean he didnt have lyrics already done.

522654_458477737543298_1671588774_n.jpg

It says the the beat and KCI and Jo Jo parts were already done,doesn't say Pacs lyrics were done:what:. And of all the records,lyrically that wouldn't be one that I would think Pac would have trouble writing quickly:mjlol:

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
It says the the beat and KCI and Jo Jo parts were already done,doesn't say Pacs lyrics were done:what:. And of all the records,lyrically that wouldn't be one that I would think Pac would have trouble writing quickly:mjlol:

Exactly.....so do we really know that he even wrote all those songs within 7 days or is there a possibility of some verses already being done just like that beat was already done?

Can u honestly say that u know he wrote all those verses within those 7 days? No u can't so I dont even know why u responded like that.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Exactly.....so do we really know that he even wrote all those songs within 7 days or is there a possibility of some verses already being done just like that beat was already done?

Can u honestly say that u know he wrote the verses within those 7 days? No u can't so I dont even know why u responded like that.

LoL @ all this speculation...

Benefited

Banned
Daps

Dude....U cant jump from me speaking on one thing (Me comparing Juvie to Migos) and then add it to another (U now aligning Juve with the 90's rappers and what is lyrical) ......U are now jumping into a whole new topic while trying to twist it with an old topic

When I brought up Juvie it was in response to u saying that I disregard southern rappers because of their accents.....we werent talking about aligning them with 90's rappers...Thats some shyt u just now made up. Thats a whole different topic. I also explained how in the song "Ha" Juvie is lyrical because it has "compounds" all over it. I specified why its lyrical....its lyrical because it has "compunds"....Go back and read it....Thats what I was stressing....comparing that with Migos which just had "flow"

and u also lied....I never said "style wins in every locale"......I never once said that....dont put words in my mouth. :stopitslime: You had to lie to make a point but your point is debunked because I never said that.

I think you have trouble reading,I never said you said it,I said you admitted it by proving my point when you bought up the fact how beloved Busta was. It wasn't because of how lyrical he was it was because of his style,and style trumps technical lyricism. And you can have style without being a technical lyricist. Yet you are calling rappers lazy for not spending time on lyrics,but not calling lyricist lazy for not spending time on perfecting their style.

How about you just say you were reaching and that you don't actually think Juve is lyrical:mjlol:?If you brought up Juve to reject my accusation that you guys disregard southern artist who show lyricism ,that to me says you are saying you acknowledge Juve as showing lyricism. Which is stupid to acknowledge because their are plenty of artist you should be acknowledging in this era who easily show the level of lyricism that you acknowledge Juve did,which you acknowledge.