Lyricism is dead because it takes too long to write witty lines..these new rappers are just lazy

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Exactly.....so do we really know that he even wrote all those songs within 7 days or is there a possibility of some verses already being done just like that beat was already done?

Can u honestly say that u know he wrote all those verses within those 7 days? No u can't so I dont even know why u responded like that.

:francis:

This is your response after you just got heated and accused me of misquoting you when I actually didn't:mjlol: You literally just took everything EDI said out of context and came up to your own conclusion. Its not even out of context,it literally doesn't say anything about Pacs lyrics already being done.
So why would we honestly say different if nobodys disputed it in 20 years,or slipped up and said otherwise.

People saw Pac write songs quickly,we have eye witness accounts:what:?nobody ever thought the beats were all made on the spot so what grand revelation was exposed that would force us to rethink everything we ever thought about the recording of that album.

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thats top secret information
I think you have trouble reading,I never said you said it,I said you admitted it by proving my point when you bought up the fact how beloved Busta was.

Your putting words in my mouth again. I never said Busta was beloved. What the hell is wrong with u?

:what:

Why do u keep jumping from one thing to the next. How do u go from saying I'm admitting your point about style when u never once mentioned it. I brought up style when I was speaking on how u were wrong saying people didnt care about Rippity Rap. U weren't even talking about that. U were talking about the kind of emcees that u like and how J Cole and Wale are boring.

:mindblown:

What the hell is wrong with u?.....Dude....U trolling now.

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
This is your response after you just got heated and accused me of misquoting you when I actually didn't:mjlol: You literally just took everything EDI said out of context and came up to your own conclusion. Its not even out of context,it literally doesn't say anything about Pacs lyrics already being done.
So why would we honestly say different if nobodys disputed it in 20 years,or slipped up and said otherwise.

People saw Pac write songs quickly,we have eye witness accounts:what:?nobody ever thought the beats were all made on the spot so what grand revelation was exposed that would force us to rethink everything we ever thought about the recording of that album.

:stopitslime:

Thats an old article and an old topic. U reaching right now. Like I said, Can u honestly say that u know he wrote all those verses within those 7 days? Thats why u never answered the first time because u cant....No one can

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Notice U are the only poster in this conversation talking shyt over and over again...No one else is doing that. A poster comes in talks shyt 1 time and leaves....he doesnt stay and keep talking shyt. I must have seriously hurt your feelings when I exposed u.

:jawalrus:
LoL @ how delusional u are....

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
My initial post was about how technology influenced the lack of lyricism.

Think about.

How many people do you know that actually write much of anything anymore?

When you see written communication that isn't professional or on a forum, is it wordy or straight to the point?

People don't even read anymore because you could buy a digital copy, download it to a mobile device and have it read to you.

So, with the decrease in actually appreciating the written word, it is no surprise that the interest in lyricism has tanked significantly.

:patrice:

U say Technology and rappers having fear of not wanting to be irrelevant is why we are in a lack of lyricism era.

I say its laziness towards wanting to be lyrical in an era when u dont have to.

I guess we gonna have to agree to disagree. :ehh:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Your putting words in my mouth again. I never said Busta was beloved. What the hell is wrong with u?

:what:

Why do u keep jumping from one thing to the next. How do u go from saying I'm admitting your point about style when u never once mentioned it. I brought up style when I was speaking on how u were wrong saying people didnt care about Rippity Rap. U weren't even talking about that. U were talking about the kind of emcees that u like and how J Cole and Wale are boring.

:mindblown:

What the hell is wrong with u?.....Dude....U trolling now.

Your taking me out of context but want me to be so literal when it comes to you. I never said people didn't care about rippity rap in the context of what I was saying and you know it. Or maybe you don't since you couldn't grasp what EDI was saying either and completely took him out of context too:mjlol:

here you acknowledge I said majority and not the blanket statement of saying "people don't care about rippity rap" that you just claimed I did.

"and I noticed in that comment u made about how most fans dont fukk with rippity rap u forgot to mention "Style" :krs:

Yeah u seem to have forgtten about being lyrcial and having "style" like Busta or Eminem."-Ron Fox

Your right,you didn't say Busta was beloved,fair to say you bought him up to say I forgot that people fukked with him? Don't get all literal when it comes to you when you taking people out of context left and right. Me using beloved instead of "liked" doesn't change your argument. Meanwhile you misquoted EDI and are questioning the entire recording proccess of a classic album:mjlol:?As well as misquoting me as well when convienient.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Where are the lyricist born after 1995? Aka Gen Z? Maybe they are there and not getting discovered?

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Where are the lyricist born after 1995? Aka Gen Z? Maybe they are there and not getting discovered?

not born after 95 but from this decade:

Wale
Cole
Kendrick
Cyhi The Prince, ,
Earl Sweatshirt,
Action Bronson
Lupe(last decade but fukk it)
Joey Bada$$
Chance The Rapper
Dave East
Meek Mill
ScHoolboy Q

Lesser knowns...

Freddie Gibbs
Rapsody..
AFRO,
Westside Gun,
Willie The Kid.
Roc Marciano,
Underacheivers.
Danny Brown,
Lil Bibby.
Mick Jenkins
Big K.R.I.T
Vince Staples
AB-Soul
Mozzy
Dave East
Benny
Conway
Don Q
Nick Grant

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Lyricism is far from dead, the three biggest rappers are Kendrick, Drake and Cole.
Even that dude Logic is spitting bars, he's probably Eminem with substance to these cac kids.

Music is just a lot more diverse now, there's a lot of people focusing fun rap, a lot of people focusing on bars, a lot of people focusing on club music and on. It's cats out here who choose to focus on all these youtube acts moving zero records.

I always hear these old heads on Drink Champs and shyt talk about mumble rap, never hear them mention Chance, Vince Staples, Tyler The Creator, Joyner Lucas, Noname Gypsy, Danny Brown, Asap Rocky, Isaiah Rashad, Schoolboy Q, Action Bronson, Earl Sweatshirt and on.. Always these "Mumble rappers, that's all they listen to". People talked about Yachty like he was the new Jay, then Logic did 4x his sales first week, old heads; silent.

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Same shyt with RnB they're all saying that shyt is dead, then I see Frank Ocean, Miguel and Anderson Paak dropping albums Ne-yo, Mario and that whole generation of singers never could drop in their dreams. Even Beyonce putting out better music than she ever did. People are having problems with diversity and listening to whatever the fukk they want to listen to.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Same shyt with RnB they're all saying that shyt is dead, then I see Frank Ocean, Miguel and Anderson Paak dropping albums Ne-yo, Mario and that whole generation of singers never could drop in their dreams. Even Beyonce putting out better music than she ever did. People are having problems with diversity and listening to whatever the fukk they want to listen to.

You need to chill with that rnb shyt though:mjlol:

While I never liked Mario or Neyo as artist all that much,we can't act like they didn't have peers who were ahead of Frank Ocean,Miguel and Anderson Paak:stopitslime:.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That shyt was so wack, especially considering that it came from several rappers...like Cam and Jay...that you know were putting effort into their rhymes.
Jay never dumbed down being lyrical, he dumbed down being a rapper: two different things.
Cam :hubie: