Lyricism is dead because it takes too long to write witty lines..these new rappers are just lazy

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
These delusional peoples turn everything into "NY bias". It's all to pump up some regional cornball or an excuse to like horrible rap music :russ:
You turn to "NY bias" if someone says Mic Geronimo's The Natural is better than every West Coast album. :lolbron:
We are talking about some of the greatest rap albums of all time in Paid in Full, OBFCL etc.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
You turn to "NY bias" if someone says Mic Geronimo's The Natural is better than every West Coast album. :lolbron:
We are talking about some of the greatest rap albums of all time in Paid in Full, OBFCL etc.

Exactly. These guys throw NY bias out any chance they get to "justify" their opinions

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
15 minutes though :mindblown:

Let's put this in perspective: By the time The Walking Dead is over you have maybe 1/3 of an album done :mjlol:

How many Pac songs were recorded iver a short period of time? How many classic songs does Pac have? Jay has completed entire albums in like two weeks and still considered classic.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Ready to Die, Paid in Full and OBFCL???
:camby:

Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords definitley,and we can argue Ready to Die and Illmatic based on the fact those were admittedly hyped up and given classic rating because NY wanted to return the balance of power back home. These are facts and documented.

How can we say how they would truly have been recieved ,when the narrative and hype around them were admittedly not coming from a place of unbiased opinion? I'm not disputing if they are great albums or not btw,but the way albums are recieved can be based on narrative,and not the actual way they were organically recieved in real time.

Definitley didn't mean to include Paid In Full in my statement though lol. excuse my error,but 4 out of 5 aren't organic or true classics, PIF is the only one.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords definitley,and we can argue Ready to Die and Illmatic based on the fact those were admittedly hyped up and given classic rating because NY wanted to return the balance of power back home. These are facts and documented.

How can we say how they would truly have been recieved ,when the narrative and hype around them were admittedly not coming from a place of unbiased opinion? I'm not disputing if they are great albums or not btw,but the way albums are recieved can be based on narrative,and not the actual way they were organically recieved in real time.

Definitley didn't mean to include Paid In Full in my statement though lol. excuse my error,but 4 out of 5 aren't organic or true classics, PIF is the only one.
How old were you in 94?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when you say J-Cole and Kendrick, that's only two guys. There are some really dope guys but they are really not on a level where a lot of people would know about them. Lyricism can be just straight braggadocio, story telling, or in depth feelings. It really amazes me how many people say Joe Budden is not good. :mindblown:

To me, he is the GOAT lyricist when it comes to putting his heart and emotions on a track. He is just one example of a form of lyricism I like.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

what you fail to realize is that hype was based on what had already preceded it. the albums were the after effect or finished product. the lyricism had already been established, hence the hype.

sn: I been listenin to Rockness: AP and its a highly recommended banger. Talk about lyrics. :whew:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
what you fail to realize is that hype was based on what had already preceded it. the albums were the after effect or finished product. the lyricism had already been established, hence the hype.

sn: I been listenin to Rockness: AP and its a highly recommended banger. Talk about lyrics. :whew:

So you believe that rap fans on the south,west,midwest were hype from Nas verse on Live At The BBQ:mjlol:? Where would you say the general concentration of the hype that preceded it was located? In NY or among the demographic of fans who enjoyed lyric based hiphop right?which by default,in general would make them fans of east coast music by in large.

You don't see me downplaying every album that had hype preceding the album,that lived up to expectations. Albums like Doggystyle,Amerikkkas Most,College Dropout,All Eyez On Me,E.99,TM101. But all of these albums had high expectations across the globe and lived up to it and pleased all regions. Whereas the albums we are discussing had hype in N.Y and from N.Y fans. And based on living up to the hype of that one demographic,the narrative has been painted as if those albums were crowned by the people at its inception.

Which brings me to the point,somebody said Migos could never have a album seen as classic as those albums. I don't agree thats the case with all of those albums. As Migos already have a album viewed as classic among one demographic and largley in one region in No Label 2 and I'm sure its loved in ATL and the south if not everywhere. Not all classics should be held in the same vein though. None of those albums deserve to be with Paid In Full if you are a historian.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Remember guys,its not a classic unless you shock and impress the world.

That's all I have to say on the matter,as you all are throwing off the nature of the original topic.Which I don't want to deflect from,or be the Migos spokesperson as talented as a group of kids I think they are.