Lyricism is dead because it takes too long to write witty lines..these new rappers are just lazy

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thats top secret information
Lyricism is far from dead, the three biggest rappers are Kendrick, Drake and Cole.
Even that dude Logic is spitting bars, he's probably Eminem with substance to these cac kids.

So u cherry picking huh?:beli:
yeah like Chief Keef didnt have a big movement that influenced this decade.:stopitslime:

Future and Migos never existed? :martin:

Just totally overlooked Young Thugs suspect ass impact on this decade.:patrice:

Go ahead and act like Rae Shurrmend didnt have everyone standing still last year. :lawd:

This dude 6ix9ine is really hot on Youtube right now. :snoop:

Wiz Khalifah had the highest viewed video on youtube for a good minute :ehh:

2Chainz was like the biggest rapper the 1st half of this decade. :hhh:

Watch me whip watch me nay na...Oh watch me watch me :usure:

Do the quan......:scust:

JuJu on the beat:mjgrin:

Every rapper on A$ap Mob not named A$ap Rocky :hubie:

Uber everywhere? remember that? skrt skrt! :francis:

Remember the Ugly God hype? :mjlol:

Famous Dex.....21 Savage....Lil Yachti...Lil Uzi Vert....Lil Pump..... YFN Lucci.....Kodak Black...Rich The Kid.....:camby:

I'm in love with the CoCo, Baking soda I got baking soda..........:ahh:

bytch u guessed it, wooooo, u iz right. :skip:

I'm so Awesome, I'm so I'm so Awesome............:sas1:

Wasn't Fetty Wap mumbling ass was real hot for a whole year? :jbhmm:

Slim Jesus :mjlol:

Wasnt Iggy real big in like 2014? :heh:

Does Pitbull and Flo Rida count? :patrice:

Lil B walking us into this decade naming his album "I'm Gay?" :gucci:

I'll let Gucci Mane get a pass cuz i like him regardless of being lyrically mediocre :obama:

Mack Billy, Nadia Rose, Brooke Candy, Cuban Doll, Bali Baby, Kreyshan, Molly B, Honey Cocaine, Kat Dahlia, Queen Kay, :bryan:

I'll leave Cardi B alone cuz I like her.....and Nickis last verse that moved me was Chi Raq but I like her too. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I knew the what about kdot line would come in dude is highly overrated.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm gonna have to co sign that one....

And like a nikka turned Blood I came out the blue :ohhh:

That triple entendre:whew:

And that was just his 1st mixtape :merchant:

nikkas that's been exposed for having a good portion of their raps written for them should never be looked at as lyricists or a MC. How can you be a lyricist when you don't write your own lyrics?

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
nikkas that's been exposed for having a good portion of their raps written for them should never be looked at as lyricists or a MC. How can you be a lyricist when you don't write your own lyrics?

Hey..I played devils avocate and made an attempt to try and help this decade...If u wanna keep tearing it down be my guest :lolbron:

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
:wow:

The "hater syndrome" is one of the worst things that has ever happened to music. A lot of the bullshyt that has been able to flourish is mainly because of people's fear of being accused of "hating." If you dare to criticize something you are a "hater." For the last 20 years or so, it's been nothing merely but a defense mechanism for people who know damn well they have no business being in the area of a recording booth or studio equipment.

The problem started a long time ago when we began to muffle our concerns about artist development and the efficiency of an artist's product. And it's all our fault. We might as well own up to it. For fear of being a "hater", a lot of what you see now was allowed to happen. No one stepped in and said "That's not good enough. You need to fix that up before we can release that" or simply "You're not ready yet." Furthermore, when record labels and radio support the mediocrity and get behind it, it's a wrap. The wrap becomes normal and then we all become desensitized. Thus, anything before that is "wack." Silence is not golden. Silence is a quiet killer. And the longer we stay silent, the more music is slowly dying off. Respect to @nas, ALL of our past pioneers and anyone else who still believes in the institution of great quality music. Salute. #DontStopBelieving #Create #SaySomething EMB

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Future and Migos never existed? :martin:

Wiz Khalifah had the highest viewed video on youtube for a good minute :ehh:

2Chainz was like the biggest rapper the 1st half of this decade. :hhh:

Watch me whip watch me nay na...Oh watch me watch me :usure:

Do the quan......:scust:

JuJu on the beat:mjgrin:

Every rapper on A$ap Mob not named A$ap Rocky :hubie:

Remember the Ugly God hype? :mjlol:

Famous Dex.....21 Savage....Lil Yachti...Lil Uzi Vert....Lil Pump..... YFN Lucci.....Kodak Black...Rich The Kid.....:camby:
Migos aren't bad lyricists. They have punchline, flows, clever funny double entendres, when you break down some of their verses they actually have dope rhyme schemes.

Wiz can spit I guess you never heard any of his tapes. Also, 2Chainz can spit really well I don't understand what you trying to say. :ufdup:

Those are dance songs for the kids why are you taking them so seriously? :dwillhuh:

Rocky isn't the only MC in A$AP Mob. Ferg is dope he has an animated, battle rap style he is a lot like Busta. Nast has a dope multisyllabic 90's style, and Twelvy raps like a long lost Dipset member. What are you talking about?

Ugly God can actually rap really well. But you are taking him seriously when he is a comedic, parody rapper.

Kodak Black is dope, highly introspective, storyteller, knows how to put emotion in his music, and has dope little punchlines here and there. Lil Yachty bodies features, Lucci isn't a rapper like that he's more of a crooner he's dope too though. Uzi ain't trying to make lyrical rap he makes songs, anthems. 21 is a straight forward, conversational type rapper he's not out here trying to make lyrical records, these guys do it by choice backpackas can't understand that.

Ron Fox

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Migos aren't bad lyricists. They have punchline, flows, clever funny double entendres, when you break down some of their verses they actually have dope rhyme schemes.

Wiz can spit I guess you never heard any of his tapes. Also, 2Chainz can spit really well I don't understand what you trying to say. :ufdup:

Those are dance songs for the kids why are you taking them so seriously? :dwillhuh:

Rocky isn't the only MC in A$AP Mob. Ferg is dope he has an animated, battle rap style he is a lot like Busta. Nast has a dope multisyllabic 90's style, and Twelvy raps like a long lost Dipset member. What are you talking about?

Ugly God can actually rap really well. But you are taking him seriously when he is a comedic, parody rapper.

Kodak Black is dope, highly introspective, storyteller, knows how to put emotion in his music, and has dope little punchlines here and there. Lil Yachty bodies features, Lucci isn't a rapper like that he's more of a crooner he's dope too though. Uzi ain't trying to make lyrical rap he makes songs, anthems. 21 is a straight forward, conversational type rapper he's not out here trying to make lyrical records, these guys do it by choice backpackas can't understand that.

I get it...You like Reggie but I like Sour so dont come around me talking about Reggie like its just as good as Sour...It ain't. I look down on Reggie.....I dont smoke Reggie if thats all thats available. If it aint Sour I aint smoking it. Now u can smoke Reggie all u want. But dont try to sell that shyt to me at $25 for an 8th like I dont know the difference.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Name 3 rappers out of 3000 mumblers as proof rappers are lyrical:mjlol:
Read 1 sentence and discuss a whole post brehs. I named the three biggest artists with most fans among the kids.

The way you chose to select the first sentence of my post is the way you nikkas choose to look for obscure “mumble rappers”. I’m not surprised but let me bold it for you weirdos.

Lyricism is far from dead, the three biggest rappers are Kendrick, Drake and Cole.
Even that dude Logic is spitting bars, he's probably Eminem with substance to these cac kids.

Music is just a lot more diverse now, there's a lot of people focusing fun rap, a lot of people focusing on bars, a lot of people focusing on club music and on. It's cats out here who choose to focus on all these youtube acts moving zero records.

I always hear these old heads on Drink Champs and shyt talk about mumble rap, never hear them mention Chance, Vince Staples, Tyler The Creator, Joyner Lucas, Noname Gypsy, Danny Brown, Asap Rocky, Isaiah Rashad, Schoolboy Q, Action Bronson, Earl Sweatshirt and on.. Always these "Mumble rappers, that's all they listen to". People talked about Yachty like he was the new Jay, then Logic did 4x his sales first week, old heads; silent.

If you want I can keep on adding
Meek Mill
Mac Miller
Freddie Gibbs
Rick Ross
Lil Bibby
Joey Badass
Skepta
Run The Jewels
Big Sean
2 Chainz
Dej Loaf
G Herbo
Xxxtentacion
Vic Mensa
Troy Ave
Wale
YG
Tory Lanez

I mean you get the point, I can go on

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I also think some people just have a mumble accent. Kodak is like Soulja Slim or Ghetto D Master P, it sounds sloppy but he’s got bars and substance.