Lupe Fiasco Trending on Twitter After Twitter Space Discussion Regarding Kendrick & Drake || Update : Lupe Back On Twitterspaces Clearing up Comments

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Lupe is this generations Canibus :wow:

for the record, I was the one who coined Lupe being the modern Canibus :to:
I'm owning that!!!
Lupe never had the buzz or fear Bis did. No legendary mixtape/freestyle/street battle run either. Bis was also never a corporate darling until he wasn't. He's good, but Canibus in '97 was different.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I love Lupe’s music and he’s a legend but his time as the top guy has passed. He needs to embrace being an OG, step to the side and let Kendrick have his moment.

Unfortunately Lupe was in position to be the Kendrick Lamar of his generation but unlike Dot he didn’t play the game. He had fights with Atlantic, turmoil over the direction of his career and they butted heads creatively. He was on that trajectory after The Cool…then came Lasers which was still successful but after that album…Kendrick was scorching and became the guy.

Kendrick had no issues making radio friendly songs and doing features with pop stars. He was still able to craft and create albums that he wanted to make. Now he’s independent and hotter than fish grease with the biggest song of the year.

Kendrick made great moves during his career. There’s hardly any blemishes on his resume. Lupe still continues to drop excellent music but he’s older and put himself deep in this underground bubble that he’s forever stuck in.

Lupe played the game. He was on the "Twilight" soundtrack, for Christ sake.

He just had very little success because I assume, out of his own mouth, he'd rather go bar crazy than make enjoyable music.

I'm obviously paraphrasing but at one point he did try to be where Kendrick currently is. He just failed. And he seems bitter about it.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lupe was hating. Dame suggested he wouldn't mind if Kendrick bought half of reasonable doubt, and Lupe tagged Drake under Dames post saying Drake should own it.That's some....dare I say...Sassy shyt. His critiques of Kendrick aren't based on his opinion on Kendricks music or his opinions of Kendrick as a person or critical analysis of his bars, they're based in Lupe's own passive aggressive energy. :manny:
What does criticism have to do with any of this? A man owns a piece of an album and recommended that Rapper A buys it.

Another man who has absolutely nothing to do with that album states that Rapper B should buy the album and it just so happens to be who Rapper A is beefing with?

I'm a big Lupe fan. Tetsuo & Youth is top five for me in the last 15 years. But regardless of his intentions, this is messy as shyt and everyone turning the side eye at him had the right to do so.

Why bring up Drake when the world knows he has a problem with Kenny? It's some woman shyt.

See I didn't even know that smh.

Fred.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lupe never had the buzz or fear Bis did. No legendary mixtape/freestyle/street battle run either. Bis was also never a corporate darling until he wasn't. He's good, but Canibus in '97 was different.
Nah, this is cap. Lupe had legendary mixtapes that put everyone on notice before his debut. Had co-signs and a feature from Hov on Food and Liquor. Huge feature on Kanye's Touch the Sky leading up to his release.

Production from the Neptunes for his lead single on his debut album.

He was highly anticipated and hyped and actually delivered 2 great first albums. Let's not spew out bullshyt and act like Lupe didn't have his time and isn't easily more accomplished than Canibus.

MFers always push the envelope on here and go overboard with the revisionist history