Lupe Fiasco Trending on Twitter After Twitter Space Discussion Regarding Kendrick & Drake || Update : Lupe Back On Twitterspaces Clearing up Comments

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody say anything positive about Drake, they getting canceled:russ:

I don't care who it is. You say anything that can be misconstrued as support of Drake and the Kendrick stans will come at ya neck. If Drake sneezes and you say "bless you" they on ya ass.

Don't care about Stan's but you can't say the only people that can control or discuss the culture have to be college grads

What kinda sense is that? Yeah fukk Herc, Caz, and the rest of them

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he went on to drop several albums with most of them being good to great.

the talk of lupe falling off is crazy talk right now. if you never felt lupe's music then that's fine but to say he fell off when his albums were received well is a straight up lie.

Dude hasn't made a good song since old school love

His "music" is awful to listen

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lupe still continues to drop excellent music but he’s older and put himself deep in this underground bubble that he’s forever stuck in.
The excellent music part is debatable, but the latter half of this sentence is 100% facts.

What's really sad about this, is that Lupe has been praised by a lot of artists who he's influenced over the years. Instead of working with relevant artists and tapping into their fanbase, dude just continued down the path of making cryptic for no reason music. His name still garners attention, just for all the wrong reasons.

He's in the dungeon of rap because he chose to be there. He'll prop up his work with institutions and Google as a replacement for his lack of commercial success in music recently.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He fell off a cliff. And specifically failed balancing commercial and "real rap" sensibilities on Lasers. People will bring up Kendrick (or Cole, or Drake) as examples of rappers who managed to do that effortlessly but to me Kanye was always the closer comparison for Lupe. At least to me personally back then. IMO him using those Atlantic reference tracks hurt him. Those songs were generic as fukk and while it produced hits, the songs turned off a lot of real fans. Atlantic did the same with BoB around that time and fukked his career too.
Which songs are you referring to?

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Don't care about Stan's but you can't say the only people that can control or discuss the culture have to be college grads

What kinda sense is that? Yeah fukk Herc, Caz, and the rest of them
I'll have to listen to the entire space but if he said you should go to college to discuss rap, that's crazy.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Where is all that "...don't be outside", "...music scares the women away", "...you don't hear his music in the club/at the function" energy when it comes to Lupe?

So we going to pretend cuh don't make music for n*ggas who wear button down anime shirts? We going to act like people didn't stop paying attention to Lu after Food & Liquor?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Lupe is not blameless for what happened at Atlantic. He's emboldened to say whatever partially because he knows fans will cop pleas for him. Truth is, the alternative for what Atlantic wanted from him made it pointless for him to be there because he can't sell records doing it his way. Maybe he feels a way about that because he wanted to do it his way AND sell on a major level and he can't.

BoB is just a weirdo and most of those records after Underground Luxury sucked, yet he wanted to blame Atlantic too.
Lupe had hit records on his own before Atlantic tried to force Nothing On You on him. He even recorded the shyt but when they said he wouldn't get paid for the song at all. He backed out. Which I agree with. How u gonna force me to do a song and tell me u not gonna pay me? Lol.