Lupe Fiasco Trending on Twitter After Twitter Space Discussion Regarding Kendrick & Drake || Update : Lupe Back On Twitterspaces Clearing up Comments

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
It's crazy how I know Lupe Stand on EVERYTHING Before I even hear his Opinion...

It's easy, just think what any Logical person or the Majority would think then think the Opposite...find a way to make your Argument make sense.

:russ:

Idk if the nygga be Trolling, trying to keep them Jews off his back or be dead serious.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, this is cap. Lupe had legendary mixtapes that put everyone on notice before his debut. Had co-signs and a feature from Hov on Food and Liquor. Huge feature on Kanye's Touch the Sky leading up to his release.

Production from the Neptunes for his lead single on his debut album.

He was highly anticipated and hyped and actually delivered 2 great first albums. Let's not spew out bullshyt and act like Lupe didn't have his time and isn't easily more accomplished than Canibus.

MFers always push the envelope on here and go overboard with the revisionist history

What happened after his first 2 joints?

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hiphop culture Nerds didn't respect Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Tag Team, Young MC, Tone Loc, Sir Mix A Lot, Black Eyed Peas (with Fergie), and many more despite how many records they sold or shows they sold out.
All these guys had their place within the culture.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What happened after his first 2 joints?

He fell off a cliff. And specifically failed balancing commercial and "real rap" sensibilities on Lasers. People will bring up Kendrick (or Cole, or Drake) as examples of rappers who managed to do that effortlessly but to me Kanye was always the closer comparison for Lupe. At least to me personally back then. IMO him using those Atlantic reference tracks hurt him. Those songs were generic as fukk and while it produced hits, the songs turned off a lot of real fans. Atlantic did the same with BoB around that time and fukked his career too.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
since this beef, the booth has become attack dogs for kendrick I swear:mjlol:

Nowhere in the clips in the OP is lupe even attacking kendrick. He is talking about the bigger picture of just anybody believing they can dictate the culture. If anything, this is is more a shot at people who are primarily commentators now. He even said, people should get a PHD instead of just being some guy with a podcast to be deciding who's in and who's out. There's people you don't even know that are doing more than you. If anything, it's more of a callout to people like coli posters, maybe buddens, rory&mal, etc. than it is to kendrick

He thinks there's bigger issues for the black community to care about than "this person is or isn't hiphop, we should exile them"

Kingjared is taking it out of context to make it look like Lupe is sending shots since he's a drake meat rider

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess Redman, Cube, Pac, D.O.C. etc. were nerds :stopitslime:

Yes :ehh:

Iirc Redman got pressed by Hammer in the Bay for some of the things he said. Pac was throwing up the W with Hammer only a couple years after what he said. Cube has a history of being flaky to the point Khalid Muhammad was calling him a nerd. DOC I'm not sure on...I'll come back.to you...

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does criticism have to do with any of this? A man owns a piece of an album and recommended that Rapper A buys it.

Another man who has absolutely nothing to do with that album states that Rapper B should buy the album and it just so happens to be who Rapper A is beefing with?

I'm a big Lupe fan. Tetsuo & Youth is top five for me in the last 15 years. But regardless of his intentions, this is messy as shyt and everyone turning the side eye at him had the right to do so.

Why bring up Drake when the world knows he has a problem with Kenny? It's some woman shyt.

See doing stuff like that is why I stopped really rocking with Lupe Fiasco several years ago.

He became high key a Hip-Hop Saint on SOHH and TheColi and once he reached "Sacred Cow"
status on this website, he pretty much never got any criticism.

So for everyone to finally see what I see Vindicates me.

:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Lupe fiasco is fighting irrelevance and struggling with the idea that he is no longer
seen as this "musical genius" in a Hip-Hop context.

I'd argue he never really was and it's insulting to those both preceded him and succeeded him
but I digress.

He's a clown and he'd trade his left leg to pop off like Kendrick and Drake did.
And if his initial run went as planned, we wouldn't be hearing any of this shyt.

This is a bruised ego wishing he was Tyler/Kendrick/J. Cole/Drake instead of
another Canibus with fading relevance.
Lupe went at Obama in his prime. Any of those other rappers doing something like that?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
He fell off a cliff. And specifically failed balancing commercial and "real rap" sensibilities on Lasers. People will bring up Kendrick (or Cole, or Drake) as examples of rappers who managed to do that effortlessly but to me Kanye was always the closer comparison for Lupe. At least to me personally back then. IMO him using those Atlantic reference tracks hurt him. Those songs were generic as fukk and while it produced hits, the songs turned off a lot of real fans. Atlantic did the same with BoB around that time and fukked his career too.
Lupe is not blameless for what happened at Atlantic. He's emboldened to say whatever partially because he knows fans will cop pleas for him. Truth is, the alternative for what Atlantic wanted from him made it pointless for him to be there because he can't sell records doing it his way. Maybe he feels a way about that because he wanted to do it his way AND sell on a major level and he can't.

BoB is just a weirdo and most of those records after Underground Luxury sucked, yet he wanted to blame Atlantic too.