Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

10:31

Superstar
Daps
If "I Am.." came out the way it was supposed to be fam. Man. Lol. This Lupe album is dope. I gotta digest it more. I still think T&Y is better for now tho.

Facts..

That’s how I feel too, way too many thoughts and emotions running through my head as I listen

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
When your too busy to sit down and breakdown the music:sadbron:.....I ran through it once, didn't skip one song. Still gotta wait to give it my full opinion. I wish I could catch concepts as quick as some of y'all. I know what the album is about; however, I like to catch the true meaning of songs/albums by myself. I feel like that's the best way to make music a personal experience.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
This is his seventh album

So for context,

Nas was on Streets Disciple

Jay was at BP2

Snoop was on The Blue Carpet Treatment

Ice Cube - I am The West

Rakim - The Seventh Seal

Scarface - M.A.D.E

BIG never made it to 7

Prodigy didn’t make it to 7

PAC technically never made it to 7

Pun never made it to 7

Kiss & SP don’t have a 7

No method to who I selected but this where they were by 7 albums.. I still consider them to better overall MCs than Lupe

Here is where it starts to get murky

A lot of those artists, peaked well before 7.. Lupe is getting better.. like at a rapid rate

Lupe has weaknesss as an MC.. he can be too cryptic and the texture of his voice can be seen as weak.. he also isn’t the best entertainer

But outside of that...

Lyrically he may be the best.. the best as in best overall lyricist to pick up the Mic

Last edited:

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Not enough is being said about how perfect the sequencing is on this. Manilla through Haile Selassie would make for an incredible short film. And then the transition to Alan Forever is completely natural when you factor in the context of his death..

Just :wow::wow::wow:

The whole album is incredible but at this moment the first half is by far my favorite part