Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
  • The conceptual album angle didn't really move the meter..It added to the great lyrical and content display tho...The Spanish song hurt it.. It didn't really hit the mark.... It's a 79.17% without that song.
  • A 70 to 79% isn't a C in my scale... It's not an average album, it's a really good album....an average album would probably get some where in the 50's..... On a side note...First listen on that Buddy project is sitting that at an 75.00% too btw.... good shyt...
  • You can get over 100% in my system...The College Dropout get's a 138.33.% for example.:wow:... That's how I'm able to identify classic projects...
Honestly... it's too soon to be rating this album. I know that's cliche to say with music in general, but in this case it really is. Much like T&Y, you really have to sit with this album and let it live for a minute because it's impossible to catch all that he's throwing at you after a few spins.

And I don't get how you can say the concept of the album doesn't move the meter, when the entire album is based around the story he's painting for the listener.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Sorry to break this to you, but your overall methodology is flawed. Drogas Wave is objectively superior to those above albums in the list. I highly doubt you properly assessed the lyrical content and rapping in such a short period, and not even taken into account how well an album ages after multiple listens.

Sounds like the more basic an album is, the better scoring chance it has in your "reviews".

Homie skims an album, and gives it a score to the 100th decimal point :pachaha:

:russ:

That's the beauty about music. It's subjective AF.... The only difference is, I have receipts, Most people just don't like shyt just because it's from an artist...or hype some shyt up just because it's from an artist. I'm not on that. And that's why I really like my system...

but who gives a fukk right?... I'm bout to eat off this...fukk that...lol

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Honestly... it's too soon to be rating this album. I know that's cliche to say with music in general, but in this case it really is. Much like T&Y, you really have to sit with this album and let it live for a minute because it's impossible to catch all that he's throwing at you after a few spins.

And I don't get how you can say the concept of the album doesn't move the meter, when the entire album is based around the story he's painting for the listener.

The concept is not the first thing that stands out to me.. it makes it cohesive for sure... I will 100% listen to this album again....shyt might change....I knew I would after the 1st listen.. I just wanted to get my bars off and be first...I'm corrupted by the social media era..

8th this year seems accurate so far... we'll see after I digest it some more.

mbz

Pro
Daps
:russ:

That's the beauty about music. It's subjective AF.... The only difference is, I have receipts, Most people just don't like shyt just because it's from an artist...or hype some shyt up just because it's from an artist. I'm not on that. And that's why I really like my system...

but who gives a fukk right?... I'm bout to eat off this...fukk that...lol

Congrats on your spare change.

Yes it is subjective, yet here you are claiming your reviews are free of any subjectivity. That's why everyone is calling you out on it. Nobody would give a fukk if Cardi B was your personal AOTY.

Care to show them receipts? :usure:

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Congrats on your spare change.

Yes it is subjective, yet here you are claiming your reviews are free of any subjectivity. That's why everyone is calling you out on it. Nobody would give a fukk if Cardi B was your personal AOTY.

Care to show them receipts? :usure:

I'm the most unbiased, objective brand you can trust... I have no motive breh... It is what it is... As long as my system doesn't say an album like this is trash, I'm rocking with it...