Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
did Damn have that? i dont remember it allegedly having a story that can be told backwards like T&Y, nor it having the life/death backwards concept
I think Kendrick was referring to how you can play the album backwards in regards to being sonically good(which is still BS).

either way DAMN seem like it really didnt have a "story" like T&Y, it just had a concept of vague broad emotional or object titles(pride, and god for example) and Kendrick did whatever on them.

Hell I take the backwards sonically part, as just Kendrick doing a "uhhh yeah sure" to all the nikkas who overthink his projects. esp. Those KTT/S.80/reddit forum people who make his stuff act like its Ernest Hemingway level of complicated. When in actuallity Kendricks material is very surface level

Anyways it wasnt good, nor was KOD, and Nas in my top faves but Nasir is average.
That's why i called it "diet"

Tried to shark to concept with none of the substance whereas T&Y was using video game life/death/respawn metaphors throughout

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Listened to the album straight through for the first time. I enjoy the second part of the album much more than the first part. King Nas:wow:. I still have to listen to it a few more time to get the full concept.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Listened to the album straight through for the first time. I enjoy the second part of the album much more than the first part. King Nas:wow:. I still have to listen to it a few more time to get the full concept.

The second disc is dumb

He took it to another level on nikkas.. if you’re an MC or a true fan of this shyt

The second disc is wicked.. too many thoughts running through my head with this bro jawn

Still digesting