Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Ok... DROGAS WAVE is a conceptual album. Are you saying as a conceptual project it's a C+ (AKA 75%)? What conceptual albums are higher... going off of your post about your ratings basing the albums on what they do well
:jbhmm:

• The conceptual album angle didn't really move the meter..It added to the great lyrical and content display tho...The Spanish song hurt it.. It didn't really hit the mark.... It's a 79.17% without that song.
  • A 70 to 79% isn't a C in my scale... It's not an average album, it's a really good album....an average album would probably get some where in the 50's..... On a side note...First listen on that Buddy project is sitting that at an 75.00% too btw.... good shyt...
  • You can get over 100% in my system...The College Dropout get's a 138.33.% for example.:wow:... That's how I'm able to identify classic projects...

Stez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  • The conceptual album angle didn't really move the meter..It added to the great lyrical and content display tho...The Spanish song hurt it.. It didn't really hit the mark.... It's a 79.17% without that song.
  • A 70 to 79% isn't a C in my scale... It's not an average album, it's a really good album....an average album would probably get some where in the 50's..... On a side note...First listen on that Buddy project is sitting that at an 75.00% too btw.... good shyt...
  • You can get over 100% in my system...The College Dropout get's a 138.33.% for example.:wow:... That's how I'm able to identify classic projects...

:hhh: Go get some p*ssy in your life cac

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Utter nonsense:russ::russ::russ:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
kingdom :wow:

stack that cheese :whoo:

cripple

53befb59578b676869b012551798cf8d.gif

King Nas

:whew:

Last edited:

mbz

Pro
Daps
:russ:

I got a system judging a mixture of beat, content, rapping ability and how catchy it is. I go song by song with this system. Then I have to run thru it again in relation to the each song on the project.

Let me live.
Sorry to break this to you, but your overall methodology is flawed. Drogas Wave is objectively superior to those above albums in the list. I highly doubt you properly assessed the lyrical content and rapping in such a short period, and not even taken into account how well an album ages after multiple listens.

Sounds like the more basic an album is, the better scoring chance it has in your "reviews".

Homie skims an album, and gives it a score to the 100th decimal point :pachaha: