Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Rapping ability: 0%
Content: 0%

So you gave Cardi a higher rating than Lupe just off beats and how catchy it is? :usure: Even though the beats on here are better

...In relation to the artist....It's asinine to compare Cardi B and Lupe lyrically... but projects... in their own vacuum, I can do that.

It's the only way I can stay objective and listen to all types of hip hop...

10:31

Superstar
Daps
...In relation to the artist....It's asinine to compare Cardi B and Lupe lyrically... but projects... in their own vacuum, I can do that.

Cardi shyt was dope but you can’t compare Applebeas filet on a Friday night to Mastro’s filet on Sunday evening

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Cardi shyt was dope but you can’t compare Applebeas filet on a Friday night to Mastro’s filet on Sunday evening

Dog...I feel you... this where I gotta take my own taste out of the rating system. For what it was, it was a very good, cohesive album. All that extra shyt around her I don't factor in...

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm rating based on what the project does well. Not in comparison to others. That lifts bias from the end result.
Ok... DROGAS WAVE is a conceptual album. Are you saying as a conceptual project it's a C+ (AKA 75%)? What conceptual albums are higher... going off of your post about your ratings basing the albums on what they do well
:jbhmm:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
did Damn have that? i dont remember it allegedly having a story that can be told backwards like T&Y, nor it having the life/death backwards concept
I think Kendrick was referring to how you can play the album backwards in regards to being sonically good(which is still BS).

either way DAMN seem like it really didnt have a "story" like T&Y, it just had a concept of vague broad emotional or object titles(pride, and god for example) and Kendrick did whatever on them.

Hell I take the backwards sonically part, as just Kendrick doing a "uhhh yeah sure" to all the nikkas who overthink his projects. esp. Those KTT/S.80/reddit forum people who make his stuff act like its Ernest Hemingway level of complicated. When in actuallity Kendricks material is very surface level

Anyways it wasnt good, nor was KOD, and Nas in my top faves but Nasir is average.

Last edited:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps

I love Cardi and her album but you're not making any sense :dwillhuh: