Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
How the fukk you rate art to the hundredth decimal place? Didint they build the damn pyramids with with 3.14?

This isn’t about Lupe at all but you’re worse than the stans and the haters. Treating art like some sort of baseball batting average. Go be an accountant.

Thank you for posting this. I had no idea this Royce album was so dope!

Ricky43

Whats up
Daps
Reppin
Gentrification City
I had to skip to mural jr, stack that cheese and wav files i cant over these yet. Lupe really doing these sequel songs right! Lupe has an amazing body of work and this album further proves that.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just got to Alan forever :mjcry:. Amazing project so far. I feel bad cause I honestly never heard that story until now. Manilla dont make no sense. How can you be that good in a technical sense but still have that much content? Aint even fair to be that good

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
:russ:

I'm the most objective, unbiased brand you can trust... Man listen up...She get's way too much flack. That project is top 10... It's the biggest guilty pleasure of the year and nikkas won't admit it...:russ:
Rapping ability: 0%
Content: 0%

So you gave Cardi a higher rating than Lupe just off beats and how catchy it is? :usure: Even though the beats on here are better

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Let's see if this album get's literary awards like Diet T&Y *cough* i mean DAMN :sas1:
Damn was a blatant bite of T&Y with the reverse order life/death concept so it's disqualified :manny:

1.Waves
2. NASIR
did Damn have that? i dont remember it allegedly having a story that can be told backwards like T&Y, nor it having the life/death backwards concept
I think Kendrick was referring to how you can play the album backwards in regards to being sonically good(which is still BS).

either way DAMN seem like it really didnt have a "story" like T&Y, it just had a concept of vague broad emotional or object titles(pride, and god for example) and Kendrick did whatever on them.

Hell I take the backwards sonically part, as just Kendrick doing a "uhhh yeah sure" to all the nikkas who overthink his projects. esp. Those KTT/S.80/reddit forum people who make his stuff act like its Ernest Hemingway level of complicated. When in actuallity Kendricks material is very surface level

Anyways it wasnt good, nor was KOD, and Nas in my top faves but Nasir is average.

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
Alternate covers

wene7ps7mmn11.png

aef7935274836e70f217280ca71c0ada.1000x1000x1.jpg

WzbC2rE.jpg

Dead End

Rican B*stard
Daps
Reppin
NW Chicago
Listened to the first half of this, wasn't feeling at all. Not trying to hear Lupe in Spanish, with a Jamaican accent or long interludes of string instrumentals. Will check out second half later but this seems like yet another disappointing Lupe project.