Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know Lupe was aiming for September, because that’s when he found the manillas, but the physical release date happens to align with the 19th anniversary of Black On Both Sides. The general blend of lyrical depth and musicality Lupe was inspired by is definitely present on Wave as well.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I thought I was hearing things at first when listening to Stronger but is that some morse code type sound (SOS) when the beat drops at the beginning or each verse?

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
lupe and kendrick in the same tier

they make music for nerds who have 3 hours to spare to dissect every word in a song to make some sort of abstract meaning that prob aint even what they intended.
and yet none of this happens

breh mad he rode the short bus to school still

we don't all have a problem digesting the music. :pachaha:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
That the thing with “concept albums” very few ever actually craft every song to fit in said concept

The only song I really think about the concept is Wav Files

It’s really a “Theme” album

The most famous “concept” album in history is Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and you listen to that album there isn’t any fukking concept :mjlol:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
“Opium to the ceiling
All for the love of plug squealing”

Arguably one of the greatest flips of a classic line :wow:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Still haven't really fell in love with the whole project but that's because certain songs just hook me, I really got into Down for a while and now Sungod Sam and the California drug deals....shyt is like heroine. Like the last week or so that's the ONLY song that I have been listening to, shyt feels wrong but right at the same time lol

I feel like I'm trying to download that shyt into my head.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Still haven't really fell in love with the whole project but that's because certain songs just hook me, I really got into Down for a while and now Sungod Sam and the California drug deals....shyt is like heroine. Like the last week or so that's the ONLY song that I have been listening to, shyt feels wrong but right at the same time lol

I feel like I'm trying to download that shyt into my head.
I have the same problem only it’s the whole album pretty much :wow:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is the 25 dollar version that he's selling on his site the same as the physicals on Amazon?