Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
How does Haile selassie fit with the theme of the first disc?
I looked at it like an alternate ending kinda thing. Remember he said some of the slaves stayed in the ocean to pull the slave ships down, while some of them went back to africa. “Haile Selassie” represents the slaves that went back to africa and became royalty

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does Haile selassie fit with the theme of the first disc?
Slavery in Ethiopia was abolished by Haile Selassie in 1942, so story-wise, this would mark the end of the need for the Long Chains to still be sinking slave ships and most of them would return back to Africa. However, some still remain to this day, which leads to Alan Kurdi resurrecting in the following song. Your attention shifts to their influence on modern times, how far people have come from Harriet Tubman and The Underground Railroad. However, even if there are no longer literal shackles and chains, mental slavery still exists and the Helter Skelter section starts exploring this ongoing racial tension.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Slavery in Ethiopia was abolished by Haile Selassie in 1942, so story-wise, this would mark the end of the need for the Long Chains to still be sinking slave ships and most of them would return back to Africa. However, some still remain to this day, which leads to Alan Kurdi resurrecting in the following song. Your attention shifts to their influence on modern times, how far people have come from Harriet Tubman and The Underground Railroad. However, even if there are no longer literal shackles and chains, mental slavery still exists and the Helter Skelter section starts exploring this ongoing racial tension.
:wow:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Props

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps

:salute:

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally been able to listen to this multiple times. Mess with it heavy. Still gonna need to digest it more.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Good news on sales front he sold out of the $25 dollar copies on the prize crew website.

I was going to cop at the show, but they were only taking cash... Plus with how lackluster the performance was I wasn't feeling the idea of buying shyt else.

The Cool hoodies for 65 had me standing there like...
:patrice:

I'm cool nikka
:hubie: