Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a Biggie line first

That makes even more sense, he flipped Biggie lines during his mixtape days too:

Push Lambs in Brook-land
Party with thieves, keep Geneves at ends of sleeves and cook grams
You wanna see me oxed up, propped up
Judge cotched up over my cases, me and K Swiss

My Downfall:
Ain't no shook hands in Brook-land
Army fatigues bring fatigue to enemies, look man
You wanna see me locked up, shot up
Moms crouched up over the casket, screamin' "b*stard"

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
are there other old tracks on this?
song is dope but im pretty sure i heard this like 4 years ago lol
Hallie Selassie and Jonylah Forever are the only 2 songs that have been released previously.

Both are timeless songs so I didn't have a problem with them being added, cause I know a lot of people aren't diehard Lupe fans and these 2 needed to be heard and added on an official album

Daps
when i first heard this a few week ago, i was high af and making out so it went in one ear, out the other while i giggled.

i listened to it during a round trip flight (i am convinced this is the best way to listen to music..when you want absolutely nothing else to focus on but the music) and boy, lupe is a genius :wow:. i wish i would have made a baby to it the first go round.... kid would've been a legend :wub:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought I was hearing things at first when listening to Stronger but is that some morse code type sound (SOS) when the beat drops at the beginning or each verse?
I do hear some sort of clicking after the first verse onwards, around "when I say" and "through the day". The noise that starts off the verses makes me think of a computerized equivalent of shooting up drugs. From there, I can see it gradually develop from this to the dial-up connection on Sun God Sam and finally, the woman becoming a computer on XO. In terms of SOS, I think the last 4 bars of XO's 3rd verse would be closer to fitting that description, sounds like warning sirens. It's also in the 2nd half of the hook, but Troi's voice kinda overpowers it and I didn't really notice it until I got to the 3rd verse. Despite being panned by plenty, XO actually has one of the more complex beat structures on here, as far as variety across the whole song. The 1st and 2nd verses appear to be the reverse of each other, with subtle changes. The 3rd verse is completely different, similar to TRON.