Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is the 25 dollar version that he's selling on his site the same as the physicals on Amazon?
Sounds like it, I imagine he's just trying to rake in as much money as possible for Skulls' sample clearances.
Yeah $33 incl shipping - pretty steep, but I was super hype that night after hearing the album. Packaging was ultra economical, not even a paper receipt or anything extra, that was actually cool to me. It did come in a matching paper sleeve that covers the folding paper case. Same photo on the sleeve & on the folding case. When he was selling copies at the meet & greet they didn't have that sleeve, so idk if amazon copies will have it or not. Great for protecting the inner folding case, so that's what's up!

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Still haven't really fell in love with the whole project but that's because certain songs just hook me, I really got into Down for a while and now Sungod Sam and the California drug deals....shyt is like heroine. Like the last week or so that's the ONLY song that I have been listening to, shyt feels wrong but right at the same time lol

I feel like I'm trying to download that shyt into my head.
I've been neglecting a lot of this album because every time WAV Files comes on, I'm in a trance :lawd:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I put just the 2nd disk on rotation last night and that half alone is up there with F&L in terms of bars, flows, concepts, and production. It almost works best as a completely separate album to me.
2nd disk is like a Lupe’s greatest hits album. Everything you want in a Lupe album

Jazzy/Soul introspective Lupe - King Nas, Cripple, QFCF, Imagine

Storytelling Lupe - Jonylah Forever, XO

Bar heavy Lupe - Mural Jr

Fun Lupe (Paris, Tokyo, Gold Watch) - Happy Timbuck2 Day

Black Power Lupe - Kingdom

Not even mentioning Sun God Sam, Stronger, too many bangers :banderas:

1st disk is just wavy as hell. Like a short motion picture film :wow:

Manilla
Gold vs The Right Things to Do
Slave Ship Interlude
WAV Files
Down