Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York
He wasn't into it at all. He performed a lot of the same songs you listed tho. That HipHop Saved My Life to Stack that Cheese transition was...

:whoo:

I was disappointed that he didn't perform shyt like Kingdom and WAV Files... Mural Jr?... King Nas?

:snoop:

Energy was low as hell, and he had to do an apperance at a club afterwards too. I didn't think he'd do Chicago like that, but he did. He was speeding up the DJ too, "No breaks, no breaks" basically telling him to just keep the songs going so he could get the shyt over with ASAP.

No transitions from song to song, no breakdowns, no fan contact, just got his shyt done and bounced.

That's a real bummer breh.

I know we just chatted in the other thread, but figured I'd mention it here too.

Just saw him last Sunday at Sony Hall. First time ever seeing the gawd and the show was great. I'll admit, I wish he played more tracks off Waves.

First track he played off Waves was XO, surprisingly, the crowd went nuts for. Don't like the song too much myself, but it was fun being there for it. After he finished it he said something along the lines of "That felt real good! I've barely played any of these songs live so this is new for me too."

Later on he played HH Saved my Life and Stack that Cheese right after. You can tell him and Nikki was a bit off performing it (since its so new I imagine), but it was dope nonetheless. At one point my boy and I was yelling out dumb loud "Streets on Fire!!!!" and he acknowledged us saying "sorry peoples, next two songs I'm about to play are solely for me." He proceeded with Cripple and Alan Forever.

We gotta keep in mind brehs, this is literally the first handful of shows off this tour for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have much experience performing them. Can't be too mad at him for that.

He played lots of turn up tracks like Dopamine lit, Deliver (which I've been bumping nonstop since), etc, along with some tracks off The Cool like Go Go Gadget, and of course he performed his hits. He spit his Touch the sky verse.

The crowd went WILD for Around My Way. When he finished it he said something about how that's one of his realest tracks ever and he spit the whole thing acappella afterwards. I've always thought that track was amazing and its beast how he made it a single with all the jewels he dropped on it. Furthermore, I never understood how thecoli doesn't fukk with F&L2, one of my fave projects from him ever tbh.

He did a long freestyle at some point mid set. I was twisted by this point so I didn't get much footage of it. At the end of the show he stood around and was chatting with the crowd for a bit. Got to hug and chat with the beautiful Nikki while I was copping some merch too. No complaints at all for the NY show brehs. Just wish I got there sooner so that I could have been closer to the stage.

I know Lu (and maybe his peoples) likes to lurk the boards, so if you're reading this breh, you HAVE perform WAV Files breh! It's a MUST. After the show was over and everyone was leaving me and my homeboy was chatting with a bunch of ppl (maaaaad females was there too) and EVERYONE was waiting for WAV Files.

Don't slack Lu!

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's a real bummer breh.

I know we just chatted in the other thread, but figured I'd mention it here too.

Just saw him last Sunday at Sony Hall. First time ever seeing the gawd and the show was great. I'll admit, I wish he played more tracks off Waves.

First track he played off Waves was XO, surprisingly, the crowd went nuts for. Don't like the song too much myself, but it was fun being there for it. After he finished it he said something along the lines of "That felt real good! I've barely played any of these songs live so this is new for me too."

Later on he played HH Saved my Life and Stack that Cheese right after. You can tell him and Nikki was a bit off performing it (since its so new I imagine), but it was dope nonetheless. At one point my boy and I was yelling out dumb loud "Streets on Fire!!!!" and he acknowledged us saying "sorry peoples, next two songs I'm about to play are solely for me." He proceeded with Cripple and Alan Forever.

We gotta keep in mind brehs, this is literally the first handful of shows off this tour for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have much experience performing them. Can't be too mad at him for that.

He played lots of turn up tracks like Dopamine lit, Deliver (which I've been bumping nonstop since), etc, along with some tracks off The Cool like Go Go Gadget, and of course he performed his hits. He spit his Touch the sky verse.

The crowd went WILD for Around My Way. When he finished it he said something about how that's one of his realest tracks ever and he spit the whole thing acappella afterwards. I've always thought that track was amazing and its beast how he made it a single with all the jewels he dropped on it. Furthermore, I never understood how thecoli doesn't fukk with F&L2, one of my fave projects from him ever tbh.

He did a long freestyle at some point mid set. I was twisted by this point so I didn't get much footage of it. At the end of the show he stood around and was chatting with the crowd for a bit. Got to hug and chat with the beautiful Nikki while I was copping some merch too. No complaints at all for the NY show brehs. Just wish I got there sooner so that I could have been closer to the stage.

I know Lu (and maybe his peoples) likes to lurk the boards, so if you're reading this breh, you HAVE perform WAV Files breh! It's a MUST. After the show was over and everyone was leaving me and my homeboy was chatting with a bunch of ppl (maaaaad females was there too) and EVERYONE was waiting for WAV Files.

Don't slack Lu!
I've seen him so many times that I'm not trippin'... I know sometimes people just not up for shyt. If that was my first time seeing him tho, I'd def knock points off of him for it.

Even with him out of it, he still performed the songs word for word and still had the crowd hype. The DJ did his best, but it is what it is.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
what did this say?
8MigYYI.jpg

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@4Eyez did he open it with the Slave Ship Interlude and that long ass monologue before he came out on stage?

:aicmon:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I was high-key surprised at the effort.

But like I pointed out earlier, he actually said this on stage in his lil rant when he cut XO off. His body language was telling. The last song played, nikka unplugged his mic and walked off like he couldn't wait for the shyt to be over

:facepalm:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He didn't play Slave Ship...but there was some monologue opening....it sounded like blips/interludes from the Waves album. It was hard to hear honestly.
LOL

This nikka played the WHOLE Slave Ship Interlude, nikkas took out their phones and shyt ready to record when he opened up the stage and he never came out

:dead:

Imagine that breh, the whole 3+ minute Slave Ship Interlude kicking off a show, then multiple skits from the album, then another long 2 minute monologue with him talking about the discovery of the remains or artifacts of the LongChains

:what:

I 100% thought WAV files was going to be played right after the interlude but nah, people started putting their phones down and walking to the bar during the middle of the opening `sequence

:snoop:

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
what did this say?
Basically that he only did the show so he wouldn't get sued, there was some BS behind the scenes (I think i remember reading that), didn't want to return to Chicago so soon and also said that he isn't ready to perform Drogas Wave. Should've screenshot it lol.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
wow i was sleepin on this shyt this album is GREAT

Alan Forever
Kingdom
King Nas

those 3 alone got me eatin good :wow:

whole album is good front to back tho. the number of tracks initially made me not rush to listen.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I've seen him so many times that I'm not trippin'... I know sometimes people just not up for shyt. If that was my first time seeing him tho, I'd def knock points off of him for it.

Even with him out of it, he still performed the songs word for word and still had the crowd hype. The DJ did his best, but it is what it is.
He didnt play Streets On Fire?

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Went to the show tonight in STL... enjoyed myself... Nikki is fine as fukk, think I fell in love... The beginning of Lu's set was a lil weird...no intro at all, just kinda walked on stage and started rapping... Seemed a lil detached from the crowd.. did like three joints from the new album... warmed up as the night went on