Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
St Louis and Chicago should def show out at the next 2 tour dates. Last nights show was dope as always. Billy Blue was dope too.

Posting for more views: they even did the fusion dance.

giphy.gif

Lastly Nikki* Jean :noah:

Fam thank you for posting this, had no idea he was coming here...I freaked out and thought it might've been tonight and I missed it... Bought my ticket fast as fukk, in that bytch Wednesday... Will be my first time seeing Lu live

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Okay it's official this is his best work :wow:

Sorry T&Y and TC, I held on as long as I could :damn:

Edit: Stronger go harder than hard I was bugging...I can't pick a worst track no more :snoop:
Lyrically it is a highlight on the album. Beat is insane

I recognize that flow Lupe used too. He took that shyt straight from It Was Written era Nas :banderas:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I didn't get a chance to chime in on the F&L 2 conversation the other day, but I more or less agree.

The production is cheap AF in parts and there's way too much filler. Address the filler and it goes from a C+ to a B+ IMO.

- Heart Donor was made in dedication to j his fans so it's mad funny/fukked up that every one hates this song :russ:

- I actually like How Dare You a lot and think it's unfairly paired with heart did not and battle scars. Bilal was great on the hook and Lupe was sharp lyrical. Dope, smooth production too. Good song.

- Strange Fruition, Around My Way, Lamborghini Angels, Ital, Brave Heart, Forn Follows Function and Hood Now are all great records. If this was an EP it'd he be perfect. bytch Bad is alright even though I hate that beat.

- Unforgivable Youth would be considered one of his best songs ever if the hook wasn't so cringe. Amazing concept. One of the lyrical showcases I would highly in my argument for why I feel he is the best ever.

- I actually like the Audobon Ballroom hook a lot and appreciate it's message but that beat is budget AF and in no way catchy lmao

Overall I would rank F&L 2 as his 5th best album ahead of Lasers and Drogas Light. It could have been better, but it's unfairly considered on the same level as Lasers and I disagree strongly.

Anyways here are songs that would have been on Food & Liquor 2 Part 2 if he didn't cancel it.

Atomic Misphilosophies is amazing...

American Terrorist 2

Dope Francis

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
You should really feel good that you gave your help
Might get you into heaven, might raise your health
Might get a lot of blessings, might raise your wealth
Bet you ain't even know that you saved yourselffffffffffffff :to:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I think XO gives a different vibe on the album and is just exemplary of how versatile Lupe is. Lu doesn’t get that credit for being able to fit on any track.
He’s one of the most versatile artist in hip hop.

He sounds like a completely different artist on various songs, but still sounds great on all of them.

Not too many artists can pull that off

blac_da_rappa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
O City
I wanna buy some Wavy gear...:takedat: but I'm not trying to get caught slipping buying some young tight sweatpants ...mess around and think its XXL and be Asian sz smedium:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i havent stopped playing this since it came out. been a very long time since an album hooked me like this.

this is his 4th classic, and that's not counting his mixtapes which he always DESTROYS :damn::damn:

he really is the GOAT.

:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
i havent stopped playing this since it came out. been a very long time since an album hooked me like this.

this is his 4th classic, and that's not counting his mixtapes which he always DESTROYS :damn::damn:

he really is the GOAT.

:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

Haven't bothered listening to Logics or East/Styles P album cause this shyt got me hooked.