Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

blac_da_rappa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
O City
Help break down this bar. :yeshrug:

That's cleaner than a solar panel, power panoramic camera
Tanner family photo album, used to smuggle cocaine
Now they don't want that beef, let that child talk like a king
Let that cow walk in the street, extra mild sauce on my wings

Tanner fam Full House?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Help break down this bar. :yeshrug:

That's cleaner than a solar panel, power panoramic camera
Tanner family photo album, used to smuggle cocaine
Now they don't want that beef, let that child talk like a king
Let that cow walk in the street, extra mild sauce on my wings

Tanner fam Full House?
Jodie Sweetin, who played Stephanie Tanner, was on meth, ecstasy and cocaine.
Dark secrets the cast of Full House tried to hide

I've seen news about people smuggling drugs into solar panels or hidden antennas for cartel radio networks connected to solar panels. Also, you got the solar-powered/tan wordplay going on.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
St Louis and Chicago should def show out at the next 2 tour dates. Last nights show was dope as always. Billy Blue was dope too.

Posting for more views: they even did the fusion dance.

giphy.gif

Lastly Nikki* Jean :noah:

He mailed it in tonight in Chicago.

:francis:

Only performed like 3 songs off Wave (Stronger, Sun Sam..., started XO but cut it and shyt on the venue cause the sound was off, then he did Stack that Cheese later on after Hip-hop Saved My Life)

:bryan:

EDIT: He closed the show with Cripple

Last edited:

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Only performed like 3 songs off Wave (Stronger, Sun Sam..., started XO but cut it and shyt on the venue cause the sound was off, then he did Stack that Cheese later on after Hip-hop Saved My Life)

I feel like he said not too long ago that he ain't ready to perform Drogas Wave yet :yeshrug:.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel like he said not too long ago that he ain't ready to perform Drogas Wave yet :yeshrug:.
I doubt that was the case tonight.

He clearly intended on performing set for Wave, but literally was like "fukk it" after some sound/mic issues early on. The first song of his set was the Slave Ship (interlude)... then he had some of the skits play right after, and then he had a fukking monologue of his voice talking about the concept of the album.

So he literally plays the whole Slave Ship Interlude then went into the other stuff I named... it was like damn near 6 minutes long of that shyt before he took the stage to Stronger, I thought for sure he was going to go right into WAV Files after I heard the interlude first, but nah, basically started the 2nd album after all that. When he cut XO he was like, "what's the point of sound check if they not going to check the fukking sound"... then he went on like I wanted to cancel this show, there wasn't no rehearsal so fukk it, let's just play the other shyt. His DJ then switched gears and started playing Dopamine Lit off DROGAS Light and that's pretty much how the rest of the set was. Playing songs from his other albums.

I've seen him multiple times, this was the worst cause he was in his feelings about whatever and it clearly showed

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I doubt that was the case tonight.

He clearly intended on performing set for Wave, but literally was like "fukk it" after some sound/mic issues early on. The first song of his set was the Slave Ship (interlude)... then he had some of the skits play right after, and then he had a fukking monologue of his voice talking about the concept of the album.

So he literally plays the whole Slave Ship Interlude then went into the other stuff I named... it was like damn near 6 minutes long of that shyt before he took the stage to Stronger, I thought for sure he was going to go right into WAV Files after I heard the interlude first, but nah, basically started the 2nd album after all that. When he cut XO he was like, "what's the point of sound check if they not going to check the fukking sound"... then he went on like I wanted to cancel this show, there wasn't no rehearsal so fukk it, let's just play the other shyt. His DJ then switched gears and started playing Dopamine Lit off DROGAS Light and that's pretty much how the rest of the set was. Playing songs from his other albums.

I've seen him multiple times, this was the worst cause he was in his feelings about whatever and it clearly showed

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Fam thank you for posting this, had no idea he was coming here...I freaked out and thought it might've been tonight and I missed it... Bought my ticket fast as fukk, in that bytch Wednesday... Will be my first time seeing Lu live
enjoy the show.

EDIT: He closed the show with Cripple

Thats terrible. the only song he did only 1 verse to was Alan Forever at the very end of the set as time was up Hopefully this last show doesn't go down the same way. In Chicago too? damn..

He started his set with Stronger, did XO, Sun God Sam, Crippled, hip hop saved my life followed by stack that cheese, then his older material, Gadget flow kick push, super star, Sunshine, words i never said, paris tokyo, day dreaming, dopemine, jump, freedom ain't feel then re-did the whole song in a slow a capella ,chopper, fundamentals, delivery and Alan forever.

He had DJ Double O from Kids in the Hall as his DJ he did a decent job and sound was good. He had a few instances of mic feedback but it was mostly good. the show to me was good high energy, I think I prefer when he has a band with him.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
enjoy the show.

Thats terrible. the only song he did only 1 verse to was Alan Forever at the very end of the set as time was up Hopefully this last show doesn't go down the same way. In Chicago too? damn..

He started his set with Stronger, did XO, Sun God Sam, Crippled, hip hop saved my life followed by stack that cheese, then his older material, Gadget flow kick push, super star, Sunshine, words i never said, paris tokyo, day dreaming, dopemine, jump, freedom ain't feel then re-did the whole song in a slow a capella ,chopper, fundamentals, delivery and Alan forever.

He had DJ Double O from Kids in the Hall as his DJ he did a decent job and sound was good. He had a few instances of mic feedback but it was mostly good. the show to me was good high energy, I think I prefer when he has a band with him.
He wasn't into it at all. He performed a lot of the same songs you listed tho. That HipHop Saved My Life to Stack that Cheese transition was...

:whoo:

I was disappointed that he didn't perform shyt like Kingdom and WAV Files... Mural Jr?... King Nas?

:snoop:

Energy was low as hell, and he had to do an apperance at a club afterwards too. I didn't think he'd do Chicago like that, but he did. He was speeding up the DJ too, "No breaks, no breaks" basically telling him to just keep the songs going so he could get the shyt over with ASAP.

No transitions from song to song, no breakdowns, no fan contact, just got his shyt done and bounced.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Ok, I’ve been rocking with this heavy the past 2 days.

I had to get to the second part of the album in order to appreciate the first part.

Wav Files, Down, Hallie Sallasie, Stronger, Kingdom.....

CRIPPLE :ohlawd: :ahh:

King Nas...

You can take like 12-14 of these joints and construct one of the greatest albums in Hip Hop history :wow: