Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I'm a Pac fan like the next nikka. But let's be real

If we had Pac rn he would be killed because of whatever controversy and trouble he gets himself into

As well as that rape case if we r copying and pasting the EXACT Pac as we know and his characteristics, his ordeals and music etc to here in the present

Yeah we will have more better "concious" Problack music. But as u just said we r in a "cancel" culutre.

And a Present day Pac would probably have some change but not much I would bet.

It would be cool to have more rougher Problack music like Cube and such. But I'm not betting that they Gon change much
Pac was killed back then. But the thing is about the type of mark he wouldve made. Pac wouldve prolly gotten killed as soon as he shot those cops. But the hype now surrounding that type of shyt being that he was a movie and music star at the time wouldve STILL shot him thru the stratosphere as a martyr. Also. His family history and his whole story wouldve been a big factor too. Honestly shyt is a wild card what would have happened nowadays. Cause dude was just into so much shyt. He was giving speeches and everything. I cant remember the last rapper who gave a passionate black empowerment speech. U dont see rappers display this type of passion in public.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
If Pac were around today he woulda been demonized and picked apart by white and black figures in the media, they woulda had a bytch set him up to “Me too” him the fukk outta here, or had him shot and killed via the powers that be or own personal fukkery he got into...

Oh wait... :pachaha:

Not much has changed y’all. Except the public exposure of things

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
If Pac were around today he woulda been demonized and picked apart by white and black figures in the media, they woulda had a bytch set him up to “Me too” him the fukk outta here, or had him shot and killed via the powers that be or own personal fukkery he got into...

Basically. Lol. Which is what I'm sayin. But the only difference is I think he woulda been outta here as soon as he shot them cops. But I think he STILL wouldve made an important mark. I mean this nikka was a movie star and plat selling rapper doing this type of shyt. Lol

10:31

Superstar
Daps
How is it stupid nikka:stopitslime:

Besides say quality(which there is good music now)

We don't need no Pac, cube, like say we prolly did back then.

With the internet nikkas have no excuse for shyt for not knowing anything, if that's where ur going.

There's good music now.

Alpha music? Idk Iwhat ur def of it is. But mean ok but u have some now. But I thought the context y'all were talking about was on having concious/Problack records?

Masculine energy..

I don’t give a fukk energy and it’s not just I don’t give a fukk when it comes to my own people..

E.g., let me treat my woman like shyt.. community like shyt.. kids like shyt.. consume.. consume.. consume.. in all my raps

That’s pretty much the all masculine energy In the mainstream now.. there is a time and place for that but on the flip side you have nothing else

Cole and Kendrick on some all lives matter shyt for real.. I fukk with both but I’ll never put them in the same sentence as PE.. or Prime Cube.. or Pac

But he didn’t advance his music in his age he should of made an album like a Life is good/4:44 by now instead of rehashing ganhsta music

Listen brother, you’re missing my point and making it at the same time..

Cube marriage is not a gimmick.. nor did he take real issues in his marriage and sensationalize it for album sales

It’s really successful.. real black family no gimmick.

The media doesn’t promulgate or promote his marriage but it’s just as succsssful as Hov’s minus the elevator, Becky with long hair, or lemonade.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps

shyt if Pac did everything we know or not so much know him for, even The Coli would turn on him.

Pac was killed back then. But the thing is about the type of mark he wouldve made. Pac wouldve prolly gotten killed as soon as he shot those cops. But the hype now surrounding that type of shyt being that he was a movie and music star at the time wouldve STILL shot him thru the stratosphere as a martyr. Also. His family history and his whole story wouldve been a big factor too. Honestly shyt is a wild card what would have happened nowadays. Cause dude was just into so much shyt. He was giving speeches and everything. I cant remember the last rapper who gave a passionate black empowerment speech. U dont see rappers display this type of passion in public.

bruh crucifixion in the media today is almost twice as bad as back then.

espescially if your a black man and you will be saying and doing stuff to keep corny,suburb, reject filled places like Black twitter mad. Which Pac would do if he was to follow every step that he took back then.

because with pac you would have

Madonna- this one will set the black feminist and other people off, hell even Coli nikkas would turn on him with there being countless "bedbuck" post:pachaha:
rape case - obvious one esp. in this #Metoo movement
His movement into thug life- which no matter how much context is put into why he went into this stage, people will still critize him and group him in with the likes of Chris brown
off-screen shenanigans- fights, incidents and such that are now just stories would be on video for us and Pac would be killed for all that

And more you can list off. Now yeah its hard to get a 100% reading on what his presence will be like given the police shooting he did and his music, authenticity and such. He might prevail.
But given all the climate and how easily people's flaws and mistakes get highlighted today, there's a very slim chance.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
I guess hes not technically a mainstream artist anymore.

But this is the best high profile release since TPAB. Unfortunately me not being black is going to not allow me to personalize as well as many of you guys have, but I dont love it any less.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
KOD was kind of a weird release. Dope album. But since it wasn't done by Kendrick the critics shytted on it. And as far as the public goes. Cole is not the most charismatic person out there. I dont even like to mention Pac cause dude was a damn near once in a lifetime kinda character. But these new nikkas kinda soft overall. Not radical or charismatic in the least bit. The music is very "safe".

The message was good but the music was bland. The best songs on there were the last 3 and cole is dope as fukk to me

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti

Does this dude just listen to an album once and put it down?

He rips Nikki Jean and says he never heard of her, but she's been on every Lupe album since The Cool I'm pretty sure.

He says the album is good, but I feel like cats don't have the patience to sit on an album before talking about it in this way.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Does this dude just listen to an album once and put it down?

He rips Nikki Jean and says he never heard of her, but she's been on every Lupe album since The Cool I'm pretty sure.

He says the album is good, but I feel like cats don't have the patience to sit on an album before talking about it in this way.

Yea I don't know how you don't make the correlation to past Lupe songs (XO/The Instrumental, Hip Hop Saved My Life/Stack That Cheese) and criticizing Nikki Jean in the way he did when during almost all of the songs she's featured on she's singing as Lupe is as well.