Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Does this dude just listen to an album once and put it down?

He rips Nikki Jean and says he never heard of her, but she's been on every Lupe album since The Cool I'm pretty sure.

He says the album is good, but I feel like cats don't have the patience to sit on an album before talking about it in this way.

Nikki Jean was on F&L too.

I don’t fukk with none of these white people’s reviews

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

He rips Nikki Jean and says he never heard of her, but she's been on every Lupe album since The Cool I'm pretty sure.

He says the album is good, but I feel like cats don't have the patience to sit on an album before talking about it in this way.

The fact that we give white people such a platform to dictate whether our art is worthy when so much of it speaks directly to us is disturbing.

It's not that I'm saying white people can't review black music. I'm saying the position of influence, power and cloud they are given by the masses while doing it is cringeworthy.

---

Superstar
Daps

Wait when did we start posting this cat as some sort of credible voice on hip hop. :stopitslime:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
That Joe Budden podcast irritated the shyt out of me. I understand they like to joke a lot about things, but when Rory was about to give a little deep dive on the album, Joe just cut him off. Normally when this happens I don't mind it; however, Joe is a lyricist, he should promote other lyricist.

And the fact that CTG hasn't mentioned anything irritates me. CTG is on his pro Black shyt. I don't know how he feels about Lupe as an artist; however, the overall theme should attract him to mention it.

I am trying my best not to Stan Lupe, but this project is literally being overlooked by the modern day "gatekeepers" of hiphop....(even though gatekeepers don't exist anymore)

I feel like all of this reflects the era we are in. Nobody wants the story, just give us the headline.
CTG is the biggest critic of the culture right now so has TBC even talked about this album at all

Your telling me Envy hasn’t heard this or any opinions on an album like this

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

I remember Jpegmafia had a freestyle about how no kid wants to grow up to be a critic they just fall into off of their lack of actual talent so they talk about those with some.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Bro most YouTube reviews are to listen to the album and make a video as quick as possible to monetize on it while it's hot.